Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Sinister CLS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Banned
Broadway Performance is infamous around these parts
Sinister CLS

It's got Kleeman K4 upgrades. Pulls like a train! What do you guys think of the wheels? I had them powdercoated gloss black.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5974&members=1

Old 07-01-2006, 12:30 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Nice! What does a Kleeman K4 package include?

Old 07-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Smurf is infamous around these parts
That is sinister looking....

Old 07-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Mad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to all
The corner stone or Stage K1 of the engine tuning program for the AMG 55 consists of an Engine Performance Kit containing a custom-made ECU program and a redesigned pulley wheel.

Stage K2 consists of KLEEMANN stainless steel tubular exhaust headers and down pipes that provide larger primary pipe diameters for each engine cylinder. The KLEEMANN headers can be modified to the stock exhaust system or used in conjunction with the KLEEMANN 120 cell metal catalysts for maximum performance gain. Last but not least, the ECU gets further revisions for maximum power output.

Stage K3 includes the above described stages plus KLEEMANN Super Sport Camshafts and the complete KLEEMANN 70 mm dual stainless steel Exhaust System with four steel cats.

Stage K4 - An additional 30 Hp : For further performance any 55 Kompressor engine can be optimized with the new Stage K4 Performance kit consisting of a modified inlet house and throttle body. This upgrade ads up to 30 Hp and 75 Nm (55 lb-ft)

The KLEEMANN AMG 5.5 litre V8-engine tuning program is available for all Mercedes-Benz models equipped with the 5.5 litre Kompressor V8-engine. The available model range includes: E 55 (W211), CLS 55 (CL219), SL 55 (R230), S 55 (W220), CL 55 (CL215) and the G 55 (W463). Below you can see the specifications for the different stages.

K4 = K4 Pulley + ECU + Headers + Camshafts + Exhaust system + modified inlet house and throttle body

Old 07-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Banned
786 is infamous around these parts
very sinister...looks good

Old 07-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Banned
I delivered the car to the owner today. When I first took him for a ride, I had the trans locked in 1st gear at around 2500rpm for a few seconds. Then I planted my foot down and snapped his neck back into the seat through 3rd. He was laughing the entire time. I think he's gonna divorce his wife and marry his car now.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:50 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Looks awesome! Is that speedo picture real or photoshopped? I would be hesitant driving a car at 180 with the hood open ::

Old 07-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
kingtut73 is infamous around these parts
thats just NASTY!!!!! (in a good way)

Last edited by kingtut73; 07-02-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned
180mph is real, on the dyno though! The numbers dont come out right for these MB's. It said it was around 410whp or somthing like that. I've driven hundreds, maybee in the thousands of cars making above 400whp. This car with what it weighs has to be around 500whp. I know there's a way to get the right HP numbers out of this car, but we dont care for it. We put it in dyno mode and it still doesn't work right.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bp95gsx
180mph is real, on the dyno though! The numbers dont come out right for these MB's. It said it was around 410whp or somthing like that. I've driven hundreds, maybee in the thousands of cars making above 400whp. This car with what it weighs has to be around 500whp. I know there's a way to get the right HP numbers out of this car, but we dont care for it. We put it in dyno mode and it still doesn't work right.
Can you explain this a little further.. there is a guy on the mbworld forum that is really frustrated, after spending $16k on his K4 mods hes pulling very low numbers as well on the dyno.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Banned
From what Cory at Kleeman says you can get the car to dyno properly. First of all you're suppost to dyno in 4th gear, 1 to 1 ratio. No problem. Except on a dynojet you cant get any reading past 175mph and 4th gear goes to 183 or something around there. So you'd have to lift off the gas and end the run prematurely which wouldn't give youaccuarte numbers.

Cory explained to me on how to get the car into dyno mode, which you have to do before making any runs. You put the key in the ignition and turn it to the first position, then tap the odometer buttom 3 times then hit the up arrow on the steering wheel 2 times, and then pics the on option on the nav and you're ready to dyno.

I hope this kinda clears up anything that guy needs.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
From what Cory at Kleeman says you can get the car to dyno properly. First of all you're suppost to dyno in 4th gear, 1 to 1 ratio. No problem. Except on a dynojet you cant get any reading past 175mph and 4th gear goes to 183 or something around there. So you'd have to lift off the gas and end the run prematurely which wouldn't give youaccuarte numbers.

Cory explained to me on how to get the car into dyno mode, which you have to do before making any runs. You put the key in the ignition and turn it to the first position, then tap the odometer buttom 3 times then hit the up arrow on the steering wheel 2 times, and then pics the on option on the nav and you're ready to dyno.

I hope this kinda clears up anything that guy needs.
I think a lot depends ot the dyno too. My SL55 with K2 pulls 482hp/505tq at the wheel and 585hp/628tq at the crank and the dyno was done in 3rd gear. The tuner (KTR Performance) got the instructions from Cory also.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Banned
I think I will redyno the car in 3rd this week. Even though the owner doesn't care much about the #'s, I guess it's a shame after all this work to let it go.

Mussel Kar, what type of dyno did KTR Performance use? Your numbers seem on the money!

Old 07-06-2006, 06:20 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Your CLS looks very mean, good choice on the Kleeman K4 package, Its a sleeper monster

Old 07-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
I think I will redyno the car in 3rd this week. Even though the owner doesn't care much about the #'s, I guess it's a shame after all this work to let it go.

Mussel Kar, what type of dyno did KTR Performance use? Your numbers seem on the money!
Dyno Dynamics. It's an all wheel dyno also as KTR does a lot of Evo and STI mods. They call it the "Heart breaker" because they only give you the wheel HP at first.

See this from KTR.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=51981

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sinister CLS