Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Your favorite Merc Tuner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:37 AM
BlownSLK55 is infamous around these parts
You are right with the new 63 powerplant....the 7G is being phased in to replace the old 5 spd (sorry, my mind was stuck on the 5.5L engine - DOH!).

You can go S8 (no cams = a whopping 10 rwhp & it saves you $4 - $5k). In fact, you can get a blower, ECU, & LSD installed for $17k if you don't want to do the headers, exhaust, & Cams. That will provide 85% of the engine performance upgrade (= 550 Hp) with approx 50% of the total S8 cash outlay. With either configuration, it will walk a CLS & likely a 997 Turbo. The above facts are on the 5.5L engine. I'm not sure much will be done for the 6.3L (from a blower perspective) since its compression ratio may already be too high? I dunno - we'll see I guess. Snipe...everyone has a 911. Maybe get something different? I did for the wife & we love it (especially because its a Vert). That car gets more stares/awes than all the 360s, 355s. 430s, Gallardos, & 911s at car shows (not that its a big deal - just sayen' ). Nobody has one & they just can't believe the power & how clean the install looks & sounds - looks MB OEM factory . Its your call but at least you have some good info Buddy.

See ya,
-Matt

Originally Posted by Sniper112
i thought the new CLK63 AMG has the 7G transmission as well? (correct me if im wrong).
i notice that the 6.3L N/A V8 engine that AMG recently built has not much aftermarket support just yet, i guess kleemann and renntech are still in the process of developing good parts for the new engine.

i got a quote from Kleemann before for an K8 SLK which will develop close to 600 hp and 600 ft-lb of torque, of approximately 40k...
this will add up to approximately 100k...
with that price, I could get a CLS63 AMG w/ minor mods or perhaps a 997 turbo ?
btw, im looking for a car that goes around a courses in which mostly "straightline speed" is involved (i will be mainly using it for everyday driving on the streets).

opinions?

Old 09-12-2006, 02:42 AM
Sniper112 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BlownSLK55
You are right with the new 63 powerplant....the 7G is being phased in to replace the old 5 spd (sorry, my mind was stuck on the 5.5L engine - DOH!).

You can go S8 (no cams = a whopping 10 rwhp & it saves you $4 - $5k). In fact, you can get a blower, ECU, & LSD installed for $17k if you don't want to do the headers, exhaust, & Cams. That will provide 85% of the engine performance upgrade (= 550 Hp) with approx 50% of the total S8 cash outlay. With either configuration, it will walk a CLS & likely a 997 Turbo. The above facts are on the 5.5L engine. I'm not sure much will be done for the 6.3L (from a blower perspective) since its compression ratio may already be too high? I dunno - we'll see I guess. Snipe...everyone has a 911. Maybe get something different? I did for the wife & we love it (especially because its a Vert). That car gets more stares/awes than all the 360s, 355s. 430s, Gallardos, & 911s at car shows (not that its a big deal - just sayen' ). Nobody has one & they just can't believe the power & how clean the install looks & sounds - looks MB OEM factory . Its your call but at least you have some good info Buddy.

See ya,
-Matt
i know what your saying^^
the mercedes SLK is sure a quite attractive car, and I think most of the time, it will catch enough attention for me to worry about...
anyhow, the S8 SLK from kleemann is surely a beast!! however, I have some thoughts, if headers, or any other engine work is excluded from the modding procedure, wouldnt that make the car relatively "unreliable"? Im not an expert with merc engines, so i dont exactly know how are they built from the factory, whether huge power can be sustained by the stock engine or not

i was scheduled to check out Gallardos this saturday, I might change my mind and go to a merc dealer instead ..

im pretty sure the SLK is no doubt sporty, perhaps do you know how an SLK modded would run on a track?

oh, btw, the 6.3L engine has of course much lower compressive ratios alraedy, but I think more can still be done to it for improvments. FOr starters, I think forced induction is a good way to start? (you might need to build up the engine to support th extra power tho)

Old 09-12-2006, 04:41 AM
Dan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud of
I like Kleemann too...saw a few cars modified by them in real life not only in pictures.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Dan98
I like Kleemann too...saw a few cars modified by them in real life not only in pictures.
are they insanely fast?

thank you, i know they are

bad incidence: friend trash talk the SLK...saying the upcoming nissan GT-R will rape it on the road/track etc..... and...i couldnt say a word...

Old 09-12-2006, 10:30 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
RennTech and Kleeman.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Sniper112
are they insanely fast?

thank you, i know they are

bad incidence: friend trash talk the SLK...saying the upcoming nissan GT-R will rape it on the road/track etc..... and...i couldnt say a word...
Well, Gallardos are hardly a step "down". You will be happy with your decision whatever it is.

For your friend whom is trash talking....maybe he's not such a friend talking bad about a potential car make/model you are considering? In any case, I would have responded with:

1) Where is the "GT-R"? Not only is it not on the road, Nissan doesn't even have the powerplant determined yet. All I've heard is $100k price tag for car with 450 Hp & no offense, but its being released by Nissan (not Infiniti) meaning its build materials ain't gonna be anything near a Lambo, or even an AMG Merc.

2) He's not buying the car, you are. Tell him to stick with his Nintendo & quit with the snide remarks?

3) 450 Hp? I've got more than that at the rear wheels? His GT-R is cannon fodder for a modded/blown AMG car. Yes, A GT-R can likely be modded as well, but its build quality will not improve? I guess we will see how well they are put together when they come out (in MY 2525 ).

Last point - no, there is no reliability drawbacks to partial Kleemann mods. That powerplant is blown directly from the factory for many of the AMG car line up. Kleemann's design is just more efficient & runs cooler than the OEM AMG version found in the CLS55, E55, etc.

See ya,
-Matt

Old 09-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Well, Gallardos are hardly a step "down". You will be happy with your decision whatever it is.

For your friend whom is trash talking....maybe he's not such a friend talking bad about a potential car make/model you are considering? In any case, I would have responded with:

1) Where is the "GT-R"? Not only is it not on the road, Nissan doesn't even have the powerplant determined yet. All I've heard is $100k price tag for car with 450 Hp & no offense, but its being released by Nissan (not Infiniti) meaning its build materials ain't gonna be anything near a Lambo, or even an AMG Merc.

2) He's not buying the car, you are. Tell him to stick with his Nintendo & quit with the snide remarks?

3) 450 Hp? I've got more than that at the rear wheels? His GT-R is cannon fodder for a modded/blown AMG car. Yes, A GT-R can likely be modded as well, but its build quality will not improve? I guess we will see how well they are put together when they come out (in MY 2525 ).

Last point - no, there is no reliability drawbacks to partial Kleemann mods. That powerplant is blown directly from the factory for many of the AMG car line up. Kleemann's design is just more efficient & runs cooler than the OEM AMG version found in the CLS55, E55, etc.

See ya,
-Matt
nice^^
im checking out either AMGs or Gallardo this saturday, will let you know my impressions....im not sure how the AMGs will feel (i come from a 996 GT2)..
im pretty sure the gallardo will still feel pretty impressive... and i just hope that the AMG lives up to its name

Old 09-13-2006, 05:30 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
BlownSLK55 said the truth...you can not compare a tuned ( very good! ) SLK to a 911...ok the Porsche would be slower but no way I'd chose it!
Anyway the Kleemann is just for insane fun IMO...which is a compliment.

So...Hi Matt...post some pics of your tremendous car!

Old 09-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by pilone
BlownSLK55 said the truth...you can not compare a tuned ( very good! ) SLK to a 911...ok the Porsche would be slower but no way I'd chose it!
Anyway the Kleemann is just for insane fun IMO...which is a compliment.

So...Hi Matt...post some pics of your tremendous car!
Its just the wifey's car but thanks. My pics suck (post #28) so here is a link in hi res. The S7 is obviously the red one.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...hlight=treynor

See ya,
-Matt

Old 09-14-2006, 05:25 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Its just the wifey's car but thanks. My pics suck (post #28) so here is a link in hi res. The S7 is obviously the red one.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...hlight=treynor

See ya,
-Matt
My god Matt...It's so beautiful. Plus that red tonality is incredible!
If your wife drives it....what do you drive...a Veyron?
Again, very nice cars...

Filippo

Old 09-14-2006, 07:34 AM
blownslk, you should post some pics of the rx7!!
if you have an S7 SLk...
i suspect you got an RX7 with 28B conversion

Old 09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the props on the car. That was nice! The wife likes it so thats all that matters (she drove a slightly modded '88
RX-7 Turbo II which was a nice car but was getting a little "long in th tooth"). She got a good upgrade....from about 240 Hp to 590 Hp

Here is a pic of my RX-7. See ya.

-Matt

Attached Images   
Old 01-19-2009, 09:23 PM
deerpark is infamous around these parts
Gravedigging I know, but I have to go with Kleeman. I saw Nick Harper's Kleeman W221 S600 and was blown away. Beautiful.