Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

those with teleaid, is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 02:09 AM
Sniper112 is infamous around these parts
those with teleaid, is it worth it?

my friend's CLS is equipped with teleaid, (the emergency helping system), when he was talking to the dealer, the salesman made a comment saying that, "if your car doesnt have tele-aid, IF you have an accident, and the air bags are deployed, Mercedes will not be able to call the local emergency ambulance for you!"...
he bought it after....

first 12 months are free, however, he commented that it isnt as GOOD as he thought it was. For example, he went to the US for a trip with his family, and when his car needed a tow, he press the wrench button, and the service provider answered his call more than 15 minutes later....

for those that have this feature installed, is it worth it in your opinion?

Old 09-25-2006, 03:28 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it's just like insurance imo. since u have the option why not have it? u don't want to find out if it's worth it but it's a good thing to have for sure.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:18 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
AAA is faster and 911 is cheaper.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:45 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't bother setting it up on mine, I agree with Robert, a cell phone an AAA is all I need

Old 09-26-2006, 09:00 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
its a cool option but something that is rarely used........but then again if your airbags deploy and you get knocked out then you would want someone to know something happened.....but i thought pretty much all benz cars come with it, is it actually an option?

Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 AM
93 r1 is infamous around these parts
If you lock your keys in the car they can remotely unlock the car for you.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 93 r1
If you lock your keys in the car they can remotely unlock the car for you.
True but the car won't lock with the key inside. Maybe it will if you manually lock the doors.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:58 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
You have to be pretty stupid to lock your keys in a Mercedes! If you somehow manage to do it, you deserve whatever is coming to you! The only way to do it is to get out of your car, open the passenger door, manually lock all of your doors and shut the door. Even with Keyless Go, you can't lock your keys in the car.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:26 PM
93 r1 is infamous around these parts
I'm a master mercedes tech, trust me. People find ways to lock the keys inside all the time.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:12 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 93 r1
I'm a master mercedes tech, trust me. People find ways to lock the keys inside all the time.
or maybe they just want to impress others how they can get the car unlocked.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:57 AM
kinkade is infamous around these parts
I've had teleaid its most certainly is worth it.

Old 10-07-2006, 02:58 AM
tmans is infamous around these parts
I've had teleaid, and I really don't think its worth it. I used it on a couple occasions and it was pretty useless. The lady on the other end couldn't even tell me where a certain restaurant was...and she had a computer in front of her.

On the other hand, the one thing I really liked about it was that Mercedes calls you if your alarm goes off. I did get that call a couple times where the alarm accidentally went off and that was pretty good.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
In my personal opinoin, its really not worth it. The one thing that MB needs to get rid of is the "1 Malfunction" when you start the car, "Warning, TELEAID not activated." Really gets old!

The only positive side I see to this, is the alarm situation, as stated by "tmans," they can unlock the car if you locked your keys in the car, and if your vehicle gets stolen, they can track it. Other than that, useless.

-Jimbo

Old 10-13-2006, 11:46 PM
LittleJohny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tmans
I've had teleaid, and I really don't think its worth it. I used it on a couple occasions and it was pretty useless. The lady on the other end couldn't even tell me where a certain restaurant was...and she had a computer in front of her.

I never knew teleaid can be used as a concierge?

Old 10-14-2006, 03:46 AM
tmans is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LittleJohny
I never knew teleaid can be used as a concierge?
The concierge is part of teleaid. There is a separate button inside center compartment marked "i" for concierge services.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: those with teleaid, is it worth it?