Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Bluetooth integration, latemodel Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Lakaiguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kevin M
Thanks for the info Robert, If I recall it was a $1200 option on the car. I didn't think it was worth it, but I thought maybe the puck would work in its place. Thanks for your help.
You can still get the Hands Free Communication System installed on your 2006 CLS at the dealership.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:10 PM
1fast1 is infamous around these parts
I have the phone integration in my 2005 G500 (that I neveer use). I know that blue tooth was not an option on my car. Would this setup work for me? I have the new Motorola "Q" phone.

Old 10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Lakaiguy is infamous around these parts
In your vehicle you have the V60 system which is different from other MY 2005 cars. If you do have the V60 cradle inside your armrest then you can use a V60 Bluetooth adaptor. If your Q phone has one of two approved software versions than it will also work with your vehicle.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:56 PM
1fast1 is infamous around these parts
Cool! How do I know if I have the correct software? My provider is Verizon, does that make any difference on the software?

Also, where is the best place to pick up that v60 Bluetooth adapter? The dealer?

Old 10-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Funny the Dealership didn't know what you were talking about. They were trying to sell you the whole phone kit! Obviously they didn't check the car to verify it had the correct equipment to just plug in the Bluetooth Pod! In my personal experience, the RAZR's and BlackBerry's work the best with the system.

-Jimbo

Old 10-12-2006, 10:51 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I had the same problem with my dealership. They wanted to sell me the bluetooth puck and another part to go with it. I went to the parts department and put the puck in before the paperwork was even completed and showed the guy that he had his head up his ***.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I had the same problem with my dealership. They wanted to sell me the bluetooth puck and another part to go with it. I went to the parts department and put the puck in before the paperwork was even completed and showed the guy that he had his head up his ***.
Yea, a lot of the times, some dealers don't actually check (if they know where to check) or have a Technician check to make sure it already has the hardware installed. If you need to get the whole kit, it IS expensive, but if they are trying to sell you one when you already have one.......

-Jimbo