Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Eisenmann Race Exhaust on E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Eisenmann Race Exhaust on E55

Anyone have one? I've got an opportunity to get one at a great price. My biggest concern is that the Race version will be too loud.

BTW, I know the stock AMG exhaust is almost perfectly tuned. I'm less interested in true HP/TQ gains, and more interested in sound and "seat of the pants" feel.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:01 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
The racing version is quiet loud, Its better if you can get the Sport Version

Old 10-20-2006, 04:37 PM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
I've heard it before and it sounds incredible. For reference here is the race version installed on a SL55.

http://www.eisenhaus.com/install/sl55.wmv

Old 10-20-2006, 05:37 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MCJ
I've heard it before and it sounds incredible. For reference here is the race version installed on a SL55.

Hope the build quality is better than My / Marcus' SL

Hmmm, wonder if they settled up on that

Old 10-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Frisco is infamous around these parts
There was a vid of one with the resonator removed on mbworld a while back if you want to go dig around - here is the race version on my 500 with the resonator removed for perspective: http://media.putfile.com/CLK500-Eisenmann

Old 10-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Easy888 is a jewel in the roughEasy888 is a jewel in the roughEasy888 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MCJ

That doesn't look like an SL55. Tailights and rear bumper give it away.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:10 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Easy888
That doesn't look like an SL55. Tailights and rear bumper give it away.
That is one ugly SL500

Old 10-22-2006, 03:54 AM
Banned
Tso GT3 is infamous around these parts
Can they make a Cayenne Turbo sound like that?

Old 10-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
Damn.

I think the CLK and the 500 both sound pretty mean

Old 10-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
I don't know about Eisenmann, but the full Kleeman exhaust is not reccommended unless you plan on tracking your car only. Far too loud to drive around with. I have just the headers and cat-delete and there is a huge difference when accelerating. Thankfully, at cruising speed the sound is just a hair louder than stock.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:05 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
That is one ugly SL500
Actually I am pretty sure it's a 600, you can hear the Turbos spooling everytime he revs the engine.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
Damn that thing sounds mean as hell do it!

Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
I listened to that first video again and its definatly a 65, you can hear the turbo whistle

Old 10-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Dabum
I listened to that first video again and its definatly a 65, you can hear the turbo whistle
Its a 600 the 6oo has twin turbos to, The one in the vid doesnt have an amg kit or an exhaust its def not a 65

Old 02-03-2007, 01:45 AM
jdj27x is infamous around these parts
The eisenmann sport sounds AMAZING... VERY deep and mean.

If i honestly saw a e55 with this exhaust when I was driving a different car i would be afraid, its just sounds so mean.

I have heard various aftermarket exhausts, however there is something about the 55k engine that sounds amazing with aftermarket mufflers.

Those of you with eisenmann race mufflers on the 55k engine need to go kill your self’s because it must be annoying how loud it is.

Sport sounds MUCH louder then stock. I am very satisfied with this system.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eisenmann Race Exhaust on E55