Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

new MILF soccer mom car.... R class AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
kingtut73 is infamous around these parts
new MILF soccer mom car.... R class AMG

i went to fletcher Jones fremont thurs and saw the e ml and r class amg vehicles. all i can say is wow. the E class is evil but the sleeper is the r class, its stunning. the black on black r class needs nothing its bad *** right out the box!!! some lucky milf will get it

Old 11-15-2006, 03:08 PM
pharmr is infamous around these parts
Now why would someone want to buy an suped-up van?

Old 11-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
why not? its different.. look at scions

Old 11-16-2006, 12:03 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pharmr
i ask myself the same thing, still cant answer that answer

Old 11-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Verone24 is infamous around these partsVerone24 is infamous around these parts
it looks bad *** though

Old 11-20-2006, 01:17 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
CUZ people have money and bad taste.
simply explained.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:10 PM
jamaicanmenuts2 is infamous around these parts

That was my initial impression as well... however after driving a few, not the amg, i was shocked... I don't love it but certainly don't hate it... would i consider one, no... but it was a pretty sweet ride for what it is, and the amg would make it 10x better

Old 11-21-2006, 01:53 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
This review from Forbes Auto agrees with many of you:

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class Preview
The Latest Mercedes AMG
Mercedes' Vision R 63 AMG prototype looks cool, but is it really necessary?
Originally published 09/21/2005
Written by Dan Lienert

Not every car makes for a great hot rod. How did a Cosworth version of the Chevrolet Vegaever come to market? An SHO version of the Ford Taurus? An SVT version of the Ford Contour?
One modern vehicle that does not strike us as ripe for souping up is DaimlerChrysler's new Mercedes-Benz R-Class SUV, which will go on sale in the first week of October. The company plans to offer a hot-rod AMG model of the R-Class for model-year 2007, and unveiled a preview at this month's Frankfurt Motor Show, the Vision R 63 AMG prototype.
We realize AMG hot rods make Mercedes money and are in high demand. We also know Mercedes wants an AMG version of each of its model lines. But the R-Class is a huge, heavy vehicle that is far less sporty than the average Mercedes. To soup one up makes only a bit more sense, to our taste, than making a high-performance Dodge Caravan.
But even if the AMG R-Class strikes us as a bit over-the-top, the Vision R 63 showcases an exciting new engine, a 6.3-liter V-8 with 510 horsepower. It also seats six, so more of your friends can enjoy your car than they could if you owned a different AMG model.
And despite our misgivings about a fast R-Class, we think the prototype looks cool, thanks to a dark gray paint job and such exterior modifications as new front and rear ends, two chrome tailpipes and xenon headlights with titanium-coated reflectors. Enormous, 21-inch wheels with a five-spoke design complete the look.
The vehicle, at least in photos, looks aggressive and has the performance capabilities to back it up. The eight-cylinder engine puts out 510 hp with no turbo or supercharging, and the power is channeled through four-wheel drive. The Vision R 63 also features an AMG sports suspension based on Mercedes' air suspension, and the unit in this case can adapt itself to suit the road surface.
On the inside, the Vision R 63 AMG also has distinctive touches. Two-tone leather sports seats grace the first two seat rows, and a special steering wheel is designed to look and feel sporty.
What we're getting at is that on paper the AMG R-Class looks cool. But we think that, like supersize meals at McDonald's and stretched Hummers, it's a bit much -- and a bit unnecessary.
Forbes Fact

The Vision R 63 AMG accelerates from zero to 62 mph in approximately five seconds and has an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:17 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
I don't like the R class at all and making an AMG version isn't going to save it!

Old 11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
I think the R class is butt ugly and no help from AMG is going to help it.
But someone finds them beautiful as is the case with alot of cars, I mean look at the Pontiac Aztek, everytime I would see one I have to say "My God what do they think is appealing about them". LOL
As with everything its a matter of personal choice but still gross to look at, LOL.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:46 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Yeah! Never understood the apeal of the Pontiac Aztek either!!

Old 11-21-2006, 03:01 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
Aztek = ugliest.vehicle.ever

the VW thing is beautiful in comparison.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:27 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Originally Posted by pharmr
Uhm...it's a strange car for sure but Fayence could tell you more...he's got one
Again congrats Fay!

Old 11-27-2006, 11:30 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Yeah! Never understood the apeal of the Pontiac Aztek either!!
there is simply no appeal for the pontiac aztek by anyone i know of.
if i find one i will shoot them down first.