Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

2000 CL500 --- What do u guys think???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:24 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
2000 CL500 --- What do u guys think???

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=1&cardist=75

I was browsing Autotrader and found this car. I love the wheels and the overall look of the car...the color wouldnt be my first choice but its kinda cool (rare) so i could get over it. But does this seem legit? $27,xxx for this car?????

Thanks

Old 12-08-2006, 03:49 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I wouldnt get a pre facelift model, It looks dated.
If you get a 03 and above you gain from MP3 enabled command system, larger command screen, 7speed gearbox.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:52 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I wouldnt get a pre facelift model, It looks dated.
If you get a 03 and above you gain from MP3 enabled command system, larger command screen, 7speed gearbox.
I have a feeling an 03+ will be out of my price range.

Other than the mp3, screen, and 7spd, is there any other "facelifts" that are critical to making the car THAT much better? Anything major on the exterior?

Old 12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
I have a feeling an 03+ will be out of my price range.

Other than the mp3, screen, and 7spd, is there any other "facelifts" that are critical to making the car THAT much better? Anything major on the exterior?
Clear front headlights
More lines on the rear headlights
Newer wheels

Old 12-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Clear front headlights
More lines on the rear headlights
Newer wheels
Ahhh, ok. The 03+'s def look "crisper" than the older ones...but for $27,000 i thought this was tough to beat...esp with the Lorinser wheels

Old 12-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Ahhh, ok. The 03+'s def look "crisper" than the older ones...but for $27,000 i thought this was tough to beat...esp with the Lorinser wheels
Any ways you cant go wrong with the CL they are bullit proof very reliable.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 12-08-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Any ways you can go wrong with the CL they are bullit proof very reliable.
Yea? I dont know much about them...other than they look VERY comfy for a DD. I am always leary about things that seem to good to be true (ie CL500 w/Lorinser wheels for $27k)

but well see...i emailed the guy...so im waiting for some answers

Would really love an 03 CL55 but i dont 75 grand sitting around

Old 12-08-2006, 04:06 PM
I missed spelled, I ment you cant go wrong with the CL its comfy and very reliable, my cousin has a 03 CL500 and its quiet nice.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:25 PM
sna911 is infamous around these parts
The CL500 prices are falling very fast. I am trying to price my 2001 and every month the price seems to go down by $1000. That being said, if you do not like the color, why not wait a few months and get the color you like. Plum is not a color that most people will want when it comes time to sell you car. It is a rare color for the rare buyer. As for the car, try to avoid 1st year MBs. 2001 CL500 could be found in the low $30K. ABC (air suspensions) seems to be a big problem, the pump can go out after 5 years and it could be a $3,000 to $4,000 problem. A lot of CL windows do not close properly and require adjustments . My wife loves her CL, it is such a beautiful car but the car can be expensive after you buy the car. Try to find one that is Starmark or have an extended warranty.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by sna911
The CL500 prices are falling very fast. I am trying to price my 2001 and every month the price seems to go down by $1000. That being said, if you do not like the color, why not wait a few months and get the color you like. Plum is not a color that most people will want when it comes time to sell you car. It is a rare color for the rare buyer. As for the car, try to avoid 1st year MBs. 2001 CL500 could be found in the low $30K. ABC (air suspensions) seems to be a big problem, the pump can go out after 5 years and it could be a $3,000 to $4,000 problem. A lot of CL windows do not close properly and require adjustments . My wife loves her CL, it is such a beautiful car but the car can be expensive after you buy the car. Try to find one that is Starmark or have an extended warranty.
Thanks Man! I wont be getting this car...but i am in the market for a 30k car that has some class, comfort, and makes a nice DD. The CL seems like a cool choice, but your right, "hidden costs" could be killer on one.

Wish i could find a BMW 645 for 30k

Old 12-08-2006, 08:04 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Jon, I think this would fit the bill... gorgeous!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Wow Joe! Thats a great find...might have to look into this a bit more.

For 32k...geesh...seems like a steal! But is this car too "old-man-ish" for me?

Old 12-09-2006, 10:25 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
You see, If an old guy is driving one, it's an old mans car. But if you are driving one (esp dark silver w/ AMG pack) it's "baller." I'd say go for it if you want it!

Old 12-09-2006, 10:43 AM
onefastwrx04 is infamous around these parts
I just bought a 2007 C230 Benz. Its very nice. Coming from corvette and an SRT10 truck the class is not an issue. The car rides and drives amazingly well. Not a rough ride being a "sport", has very comfortable seats, amazing stereo and navigatgion system.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by onefastwrx04
I just bought a 2007 C230 Benz. Its very nice. Coming from corvette and an SRT10 truck the class is not an issue. The car rides and drives amazingly well. Not a rough ride being a "sport", has very comfortable seats, amazing stereo and navigatgion system.
Cool Congrats!

But what does that have to do with a pre-owned CL 500???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2000 CL500 --- What do u guys think???