Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

New mods for the CLS55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:51 PM
roadking is infamous around these parts
New mods for the CLS55

Just installed the Brabus lowering module and Lowenhart wheels. Vehicle is getting ready for WCES in Vegas. Will be in the Rockford Fosgate booth. The audio system upgrade is fabulous. I will do a full report after the show.

Attached Images  

Last edited by roadking; 12-27-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
hot ride...lets see the system

Old 12-27-2006, 07:22 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
I'm not very positive on the wheels...but you have to like them so...

Old 12-28-2006, 07:57 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pilone
I'm not very positive on the wheels...but you have to like them so...
+1.5 not positive on the wheels but i love the cls

Old 12-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Wheels seem to really polarize folks. I am planning on some body color accents in late Jan. Lowenhart makes the wheel with a brushed center... I just couldnt get them in time for WCES. Thanks for the candid response. To each his or her own.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:38 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
those are the type of wheels that unique motorsports seemed to put on all the cls' on the show unique whips. looks nice

Old 01-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
Best looking Sedan out there! I would love one for my wife. The wheels are too shiny for my taste. I woud go with some Lorinsers

Old 01-10-2007, 03:32 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gabriel
Best looking Sedan out there! I would love one for my wife. The wheels are too shiny for my taste. I woud go with some Lorinsers
yes, those are sleek wheels; have you seen their whole kit including bodykit,exhaust and wheels ?

That would turn out to look really cool on CLS350's and 500's

Old 01-10-2007, 04:33 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I love the CLS and am happy with the stock wheels...not feeling those wheels but as you say it's personal taste...

Why is the car at CES?

Old 01-10-2007, 06:13 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by controlit
I love the CLS and am happy with the stock wheels...not feeling those wheels but as you say it's personal taste...

Why is the car at CES?
yah I like the stock wheels better, they go with the flow of the car,
any shots of the sound system. its gotta be a hell of a sound system if you're getting featured at a booth

Old 01-10-2007, 11:56 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
Those are one of my favorite wheels. They are very unique and are rarely seen on Mercedes Benz.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Sound System update. Back from WCES, the car went over very well in the booth. The audio system was an example of what you can do to improve a "premium" factory sound system. The vehicle started out with a Harman Logic 7 system, which has a multichannel amp, a single woofer, center channel, and component speakers in the doors and fill speakers in the dash. In the MB, it is very difficult to interface into the dash unit since the system uses MOST technology, which is fiber optic based.

Rockford came out with a unit called a 3Sixty which gives you the ability to gain access into any factory system. This allows you to add amplifiers, speakers, woofers, iPod etc to the factory dash unit. The 3Sixty also gives complete equalization of each speaker and allows you to adjust phasing and delay. The devices are set up via a Palm or PDA with bluetooth.

The system utilizes all the factory door and dash speakers. No panels were removed. The factory sub woofer (very weak) and the rear 3" fill speakers in the rear deck were removed. The system has 2 - shallow 10" woofers in a small sealed enclosure. The woofers vent into the vehicle via the factory sub opening. You can see in the pics the enclosure takes up very little room. The subs are powered by a 500w Rockford Power series amp. The remaining speakers are powered by 2 4 channel Rockford Power amps. 2 - 3Sixtys control the system. In addition, the iPod interface and subwoofer level controls are located in the ash tray. No other electrical mods were made.

Sound - Unreal. People listen the car and think there is a trunk full of gear. When I tell them it's factory, plus amps and woofers they are amazed. The system plays loud, images well, is clean and maintains complete control in the dash.

The installation is purposely understated. The amp rack is welded aluminum, the enclosure MDF and fiberglass, carpeted in factory carpet. A lot of folks with premium cars do not want their vehicle destroyed to put in an audio system upgrade. This was a really good example of what can be done. Cost about $3000 in equipment plus labor.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Pics

trouble with site uploading pics

Old 02-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
http://imageshack.us/ then use the "inesrt image" tab above Im looking forward to the system pics, I am surpised at the system in my 05 CL600, its not that bad for bose, this may be a good route for me to tighten it up some

Old 02-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Pics

See attached

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New mods for the CLS55