Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Apple Ipod Kit and Bluetooth module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 06:00 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Apple Ipod Kit and Bluetooth module

I just dropped my SLK55 AMG at the dealership for new tech goodies to be installed, Decided to get the Bluetooth module and Ipod kit installed.

I wanted to install the ipod Kit because I had an ipod that I dont use alot and Wanted to use it in the car instead of having to put/remove several CD's in and out of the Command Screen but the problem is before I travelled on my Summer Holiday I lended my baby brother the Ipod so he could use; however when I came back he lost it.

Yesterday I ordered the Apple Ipod Nano 8GB in Red and had it engraved for free with ''MeanMachine'' at the back for free, iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED holds up to 2,000 songs, 25,000 photos2, and a little hope. That’s because $10 from every iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED sold goes directly to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. Which means your iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED sounds good and does good at the same time.

hopefully I will get my car in 3-4 days and they charged me $1,244.77 with the Ipod Kit installation and Bluetooth module.

Here is a picture of the Bluetooth module I found online which will go into the armrest compartment and which also will replace the Mobile Phone Dock/Cradle that came with the car for the Nokia series 6230i if notmistaken, Now I can use my Nokia 8800 Black phone instead of having to take 2 mobile phones with me.

Mb bluetooth kit

Mb Apple Ipod Kit

Another picture showing the cradle:

The Product Red Ipod Nano 8GB, Which is more enough for the tunes that I got on my Pc

Old 01-29-2007, 06:06 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Any one used the Ipod Integration Kit ?
How is it ?

Old 01-30-2007, 03:50 PM
silk55 is infamous around these parts
how's the blue tooth kit?

Old 01-30-2007, 05:59 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Where does the Ipod kit mount, as far as the cradle is concerned?

Old 01-31-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by silk55
how's the blue tooth kit?
Didnt try it, My service asistant didnt showup today and I was supposed to get the car yesterday, hopefully I will pick it up tommorow

Old 01-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by tblackj
Where does the Ipod kit mount, as far as the cradle is concerned?
Ipod kit mounts in the Glove Box next to the Jack outputs for the command screen.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:52 PM
At 4pm Today, I got my SLK from the Service department with the UHI Bluetooth cradle installed and working properly; Just let me say that the Phone's reception is superb. I was really worried that my Ipod Integration Kit will be ending up sounding 40% lower than the Radio or CD Changer; I loaded in my friends Ipod Nano in the Armrest compartment and selected a strong bassy song (bon jovi's its my life)to test the Ipods Qualtiy with the Harmon Kardon Sound System, and amazing it sounded well and If I was a passenger I wouldnt have noticed a slight increase nor a decrease in quality or sound level; Its just like having a CD changer but in the size of your Palm holdin 2,000tunes of shear pleasure.
I hope you find my review and find it very helpful!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:20 AM
DTXMOB is infamous around these parts
Will this kit work for the 2000 S430?? ThankS!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by DTXMOB
Will this kit work for the 2000 S430?? ThankS!
I really dont know, Its for the late 2004 - current Mercedes cars, including the R class and GL vehicles.

Contact your mercedes service department they might have a solution for you.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:56 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Moh very nice toys you got!
I hope one day I'll be able to have a ride in it...