Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

The CL600 has landed....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
The CL600 has landed....

Well today has been relatively bittersweet. My car has been on an unenclosed transport for the last 4 days on its way from SD to MD, it encountered blizzard like conditions and 40mph wind gusts. Needless to say when it was delivered it wasnt quite in showroom condition. First the driver couldnt get into the lot at my building so he put it on a busy side street, I meet him outside in 15 degree weather to find that the car batterry is totally dead and his chargeable jumper pack thingy was dead, oh and of course he had NO jumper cables. I had to find cables from the guys plowing the streets, hop in my girls car and attempt to jump start the car...still dead!! Basically I had to go buy another battery and put it in on the side of the road in my "new" freakin car. Starts right up with the new battery, drive it around to let it warm up, take it out on the highway and do some great 60-130mph blasts!!! Now im giggling at this point, my cars working, faster then all hell, breaking tires loose on the 1-2 upshift.....so I head to my buddys shop to clean it up and all of a sudden I smell and see smoke come out of the dash...the fu**ing dash SHORTS out while im driving, no ****...all of a sudden I have no speedo/tach the whole bit!! Gotta love Benzes, anyways off to the dealership tomorrow. I took her to my buddies garage and did 5 hours of clay/paint cleaning then topped it off with some carnuba, shes like glass, fast as **** and ready for MB service

heres my before and after shot taken today

Old 02-16-2007, 10:45 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
congrats, lucky the car didnt sustain damage on the transport!
let the modding begin!

Old 02-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Schweet!

Congrats Jason! Love that sexy beast.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Akara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the rough
Looks great man. Sucks that it has to go to the dealer already. Oh well, enjoy it in good health.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Wow - that thing cleaned up nice... Hell of a time to take delivery, btw... LOL

Congrats!!

Old 02-16-2007, 10:55 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about your trouble, but it is beautiful!
Congrats Jason.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
She's a beauty!! Hope all goes well with the electrical problems. Remember...enclosed trailer next time!

Old 02-17-2007, 02:29 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
are you going to dyno it before mods?

Old 02-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the kind words everyone!!!

Originally Posted by Raz5219
Remember...enclosed trailer next time!
I am still kicking myself. We live and learn

Originally Posted by
alkyoneus
are you going to dyno it before mods?
I will re-dyno it soon. It has been modified to a level which is powerful enough for a bit (famous last words) The exact mods were not physically documented, so some research as to exactly what was done has been an ongoing process. My neighbor has a good relationship with Harmut Feyl, so I have pondered the idea of driving down to FL to have him diagnose the car personally but time will tell. Right now the only "mods" I have purchased are CL55 pedals, a decklid spoiler, and I am about to have a steering wheel made for me similar to the below pic by ART tuning.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:53 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
Congrats to the beast. Looks really hot. On our street standts a CL600 with the same wheels. Looks so hot. Will you change the wheels? And enjoy it.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:38 AM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
congrats, that thing is a torque monster for sure. enjoy it !

Old 02-17-2007, 05:44 AM
offensivo is infamous around these parts
The ART Tuning's steering wheel is hell cool.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:24 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
The Wheels are Great and matches the AMG bodykit,congrats.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:41 AM
sweet, the steering wheel looks sick, its alcantara?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
She is surely a beauty! Congrats and enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The CL600 has landed....