Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

problem with Kleenmann Upgrade on E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:26 PM
CarolynGaynor is infamous around these parts
problem with Kleenmann Upgrade on E55

North Carolina has an emissions testing requirement which does not interact well with the Kleenmann upgrade.
Do any of you Californians have any trouble with your systems??????

Please respond with suggestions to make this thing pass.

Carolyn

Old 02-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Does your inspection station actually put a sensor up the tail pipe? If so then the car may not pass. A lot of states just plug in and read the code from the ECU, no actual testing of the exhaust gets done. Read the fine print that comes with almost all of the tuners parts. Something about "not for street use". When they flash the ECU they raise the limits on the O2 sensors so they don't throw error codes. I know that my exhaust smells a whole lot different since the K2.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:08 AM
CarolynGaynor is infamous around these parts
the NC inspection stations hook up to the ECU. We have been having error readings for 4 months, and the car has been in either the Mercedes Dealership or the GMP Performance shop all this time.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Mussel Kar
Does your inspection station actually put a sensor up the tail pipe? If so then the car may not pass. A lot of states just plug in and read the code from the ECU, no actual testing of the exhaust gets done. Read the fine print that comes with almost all of the tuners parts. Something about "not for street use". When they flash the ECU they raise the limits on the O2 sensors so they don't throw error codes. I know that my exhaust smells a whole lot different since the K2.
Same here interms of the smell after the SuperSprint X pipe and Kleemann 200cell sport catalytics, though I love the Burbbling and Popping as you downshift.