Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Used SL55 AMG or NEW Cadillac XLR-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:15 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
DO you have a idea on the discounts on the v and standard car, I know that they are sitting around quite a bit.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
jvmax is infamous around these parts
over $20k off of the xlr-v

Old 03-03-2007, 01:10 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
SL all the way! I don't even know how you could compare the two... The Cadillac is garbage.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Alexs '05 is infamous around these parts
Cadillac is gonna chop the XLR so why buy a car that will soon be out of date. Get the Benzo

Old 03-03-2007, 08:49 AM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Have any of you guys driven the XLR-V? Why are you so certain that the MB is better than the Caddy? I've driven the V, it's a rocket, super comfortable, well built and you see a hell of a lot less of them than an SL. Plus, we're talking a new car v. used. Come on guys, it's ok to drive American.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:02 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
SL . . . . . . . . . .

Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Alexs '05
Cadillac is gonna chop the XLR so why buy a car that will soon be out of date. Get the Benzo
all the more reason to buy one, I believe they made something like 1,000 XLR-V in its first year (2006). limited production = future collectible (can you say HEMI Cuda)

Old 03-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by MGoBlue
Have any of you guys driven the XLR-V? Why are you so certain that the MB is better than the Caddy? I've driven the V, it's a rocket, super comfortable, well built and you see a hell of a lot less of them than an SL. Plus, we're talking a new car v. used. Come on guys, it's ok to drive American.
I agree, seems like MB has made 100,000's of the SL, plus it's a 5 year old design that is showing its age.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:29 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
I think you will find that most on this forum have a negative bias towards american made vehicles. Including me.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 AM
jtem is infamous around these parts
SL for sure dont get the Crackalac

Old 03-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Denstoyz is infamous around these parts
My father has an XLR (not the V though) and I think of it as such an old man's car when I sit in it -its nice but he's in his 60's and its fitting for him. Im 38 and would hate the car. Its just not my style - nice ride but nothing else about it really is appealing.

On the other hand - have had much time behind my friend's SL500 (not even the 55) and I was very impressed! Its a world of difference vs. Caddy and having raced a few SL55's with my 996TT I can tell you that the SL55 has big kahunas! Not that it beat me but the performance was great. The ride, handling, and technology in the Mercedes is on a different level then the Caddy in my opinion!

But at the end of the day it comes down to what you like - drive them both and decide! Good luck on your choice!! (Ive got my sights on a SL65 down the road!)

Old 03-04-2007, 01:56 PM
BIG LUV is a jewel in the roughBIG LUV is a jewel in the roughBIG LUV is a jewel in the rough
Interior is a big POS in the XLR. Car does not hold a candle in performance either. Take it from a former V series owner.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
These two cars shouldn't even be compared at any price point. The SL is a superior car in every single way.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:35 AM
2APPS is infamous around these parts
Please, no comparison. SL all the way

Old 03-05-2007, 12:01 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
the comparison is similar to comparing a 997TT to a Z06. the choice is obvious.

to me, the styling and drive feel are as important as performance. there is no way i'd feel right in a caddy or chevy. i just don't fit in the image.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used SL55 AMG or NEW Cadillac XLR-V