Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Question to people with SLK55 AMG...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:30 PM
silk55 is infamous around these parts
no big issues with mine.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:10 AM
BlownSLK55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
post pics! sounds sick, any vids?
Its fun! The red SLK in this photo album is my Kleemann. Have a good weekend.

http://www.treynor.com/Carlab/

-Matt

Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BlownSLK55
Its fun! The red SLK in this photo album is my Kleemann. Have a good weekend.

http://www.treynor.com/Carlab/

-Matt

Yup, I remember you from Mbworld forums ; btw I am ''alroumi'' at mbworld.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Yup, I remember you from Mbworld forums ; btw I am ''alroumi'' at mbworld.
Ahh, nice to "meet" you then Mohammed! Take care!

-Matt

Old 03-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold

-Matt
How do you like your RX7 compared to the SLK55?

Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
How do you like your RX7 compared to the SLK55?
They are just "different" cars. The RX-7 handles a little better (its highly modified as well - while I still have the stock suspension on the SLK55 as me & the wife don't need another "track car" in the garage). The SLK has much more torque & a little more power, but it weighs 700 lbs more. The SLK is built very well while the RX-7 feels like a Pepsi can due to its significantly lighter weight.

I guess the RX-7 is more of a pure track car while the SLK is a more refined cruiser (a ligher/more nimble SL65 I suppose). Both cars are in good shape (not a scratch or ding on either of them, oil changed every 1.5k miles, never been driven in th rain). Hope this helps?

See ya,
Matt

Old 03-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
They are just "different" cars. The RX-7 handles a little better (its highly modified as well - while I still have the stock suspension on the SLK55 as me & the wife don't need another "track car" in the garage). The SLK has much more torque & a little more power, but it weighs 700 lbs more. The SLK is built very well while the RX-7 feels like a Pepsi can due to its significantly lighter weight.

I guess the RX-7 is more of a pure track car while the SLK is a more refined cruiser (a ligher/more nimble SL65 I suppose). Both cars are in good shape (not a scratch or ding on either of them, oil changed every 1.5k miles, never been driven in th rain). Hope this helps?

See ya,
Matt
Any pictures?

Old 03-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Any pictures?
I'd attach a few but the Forum database is having a problem - it won't accept pics right now? When they fix the issue, I'll post 1 or 2 for ya - we just gotta wait a day or two.

-Matt

Old 03-27-2007, 02:44 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light

-Matt
Thank you, Same here.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Any pictures?
Sure, here ya go.

Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Blown I remember seeing pictures of your SLK on Mbworld isnt it Firemist Red/Tan with Kleemann cosmetics and Fiske wheels, It looked Very sporty.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
It blows the doors off a C6 Corvette. I know that for sure.

Sweet exhaust pipes.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Blown I remember seeing pictures of your SLK on Mbworld isnt it Firemist Red/Tan with Kleemann cosmetics and Fiske wheels, It looked Very sporty.
You have a good memory Mohammed! The interior is 2 tone firemist red & black (matches the exterior). We had the car built with the options we wanted (took a freaking year to build & take delivery, but it came out perfecto)!

"Wow" posted a pic above - he's pretty industrious to find the pic on the net. Impressive search capabilities you guys have.

See ya guys,
-Matt

Old 04-05-2007, 02:42 AM
You have a good memory Mohammed! The interior is 2 tone firemist red & black (matches the exterior). We had the car built with the options we wanted (took a freaking year to build & take delivery, but it came out perfecto)!

"Wow" posted a pic above - he's pretty industrious to find the pic on the net. Impressive search capabilities you guys have.

See ya guys,
-Matt
I went on the same modification route, You never heared the "Baby Monster"; after the Exhaust lots of the friends and relatives are startting to call my 55 "Baby Monster".

Here are links to the video's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f50vbjUgZkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOk47A_lqcI

Enjoy!

Old 04-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Picture of my SLK:

Note you cant spot the Exhaust mods judging by the pictures, because Ive got the OEM AMG mufflers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question to people with SLK55 AMG...