Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Question to people with SLK55 AMG...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Kunsthammer is infamous around these parts
Hi,

here is a video of my brothers SLK 55 with a slightly modified exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEHAuk6nROQ

Old 04-05-2007, 03:43 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Kunsthammer
Hi,

here is a video of my brothers SLK 55 with a slightly modified exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEHAuk6nROQ
Sounds simmilar to mine, but may I ask what exhaust he has got; because it sounds soo good!

Old 04-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Kunsthammer is infamous around these parts
No specific brand, it's custom build by a local mechanic.

There is a also a switch on the middle-console with which you can switch between loud and "standard"-sound.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:09 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Kunsthammer
No specific brand, it's custom build by a local mechanic.

There is a also a switch on the middle-console with which you can switch between loud and "standard"-sound.
Nice, May he enjoy it in good health.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:45 AM
jvmax is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thsiao
I've read in a Consumer's Report mag and heard from 1 person that had the SLK250 that the SLK in general is very unreliable and problematic. My cousin is looking at an SLK55 AMG and I was wondering how much truth there is in the mag...

How reliable is the SLK? 55 AMG?
Take a look at consumers report and ALL Mercedes are below average for reliability. I think that is one of the reasons why Diamler wants to get rid of Chrysler so it can focus more on this

Old 04-07-2007, 11:25 AM
BlownSLK55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jvmax
Take a look at consumers report and ALL Mercedes are below average for reliability. I think that is one of the reasons why Diamler wants to get rid of Chrysler so it can focus more on this
Actually, the Quality issues MB had from ~ 2000 - 2003 were electronic module failures. MB had outsourced module manufacturing to firms like Delphi & Bosche (instead of making the modules themesleves) & they lost control of their electronic quality. This is what had impacted MB reputation.

This is no longer the case (internal module mfg began ~ 3 yrs ago & has improved electronic failures to almost nil). I've had nothing but EXCELLENT service & excellent reliability (as have my fellow MB pals). I think many older people whom buy MOST MB vehicles are a little whiney & complain about crap that is either their own fault or is "nitpicky" in nature (a lady at the Dealer I use was *****ing because the driver's door didn't "make the same noise it used to when shutting" than when she bought it last month). The tech pointed out her rear passenger window was slightly down (allowing air to escape when the door is shut) which affects the sound & force required to shut the door. Perfect example of idiocy.

I'd take the reported "Quality results" with a grain of salt. Talk to people who own & drive their MB cars - you will get a different story.

-Matt

Old 04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
jvmax is infamous around these parts
I guess just make sure you own one while under warranty