Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Question to people with SLK55 AMG...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:09 PM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
Question to people with SLK55 AMG...

I've read in a Consumer's Report mag and heard from 1 person that had the SLK250 that the SLK in general is very unreliable and problematic. My cousin is looking at an SLK55 AMG and I was wondering how much truth there is in the mag...

How reliable is the SLK? 55 AMG?

Old 03-18-2007, 02:38 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I have no problems with it after 11 months, We used to have the 280 and it was very good and not problematic. Tell him to test drive it first.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:47 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
friend has one, he got 2 months ago, she loves it, I drove it, its a fun car!, but too cramped for my style.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:35 AM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
Drove the non-AMG, fast as ****!

Old 03-18-2007, 04:37 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AUDIHenry
Drove the non-AMG, fast as ****!
350? If yes its 268 hp and for 2008 or 09 facelift model it gets 290hp.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:45 PM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
2 more questions...

1) Is $57,900 plus tax a good deal for a 2007 SLK55 with 1,200 miles?
2) And when are they going to do a facelift on the SLK? 08 or 09?

Thanks!

Old 03-18-2007, 08:05 PM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
350? If yes its 268 hp and for 2008 or 09 facelift model it gets 290hp.
Yep! I will never judge a car based only on horsepower after driving that thing. Felt like a rocket, almost **** my pants.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:38 PM
BlownSLK55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AUDIHenry
Yep! I will never judge a car based only on horsepower after driving that thing. Felt like a rocket, almost **** my pants.
You should feel the SLK with twice that power.

-Matt

Old 03-23-2007, 02:43 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
I've had my SLK55 for about 20 months. No major problems. A little break squeal sometimes and a rattle on rough roads but that's about it.

js

Old 03-23-2007, 04:34 AM
JoeShark, the brake squels are normal on every AMG Vehicle.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:09 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
JoeShark, the brake squels are normal on every AMG Vehicle.
MM,

True. Guess it's just the things we have to live with given the brake set-up on the SLK AMG (even says so in the manual). However, a friends SL55 seems to be squeak free and he says he's never had an issue since day one. Oh well, after 2,000 miles, my squeal is a lot less.

Take care,

js

Old 03-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by JoeShark
MM,

True. Guess it's just the things we have to live with given the brake set-up on the SLK AMG (even says so in the manual). However, a friends SL55 seems to be squeak free and he says he's never had an issue since day one. Oh well, after 2,000 miles, my squeal is a lot less.

Take care,

js
no probs , any mods to your SLK ?

Ive added the SuperSprint X pipe, Ecu upgrade, Green filters and Kleemann 200 cell 3 inch Primary Catalytics; I am thinking of getting the Evosport UD pullies for my SLK.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:37 PM
no probs , any mods to your SLK ?
Outside of some clear side markers, cars still stock. Thinking about some things but not sure yet. Most likely will go Renntech since my local dealer is big fans of Renntech.

js

Old 03-24-2007, 07:05 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BlownSLK55
You should feel the SLK with twice that power.

-Matt
post pics! sounds sick, any vids?

Old 03-25-2007, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Outside of some clear side markers, cars still stock. Thinking about some things but not sure yet. Most likely will go Renntech since my local dealer is big fans of Renntech.

js
I am thinking of getting either Kleemann or Renntech header, possible Kleemann because they are cheaper and closer to me; because I reside in Kuwait.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question to people with SLK55 AMG...