Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Who has a G Wagon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:47 AM
jkb
jkb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversurfer
haven't we done this before?

Here's mine....(5.8 Brabus conversion with Kleemann supercharger, dual side pipes (flowmasters), Brabus 20's, Brabus brakes, suspension, interior, etc.)

I also had an '05 Brabus G55 that I sold because I liked my G Cabriolet better.
woah!!! hotness... is this an european import? i thought you cant get a cabrio version in USA. what am i missing?

Old 03-21-2007, 12:58 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
it is an import, brought in by Europa. I get it serviced by my local dealer with very few issues.

Russ (formerly with Europa) can get a new 500 Cabrio (and a G55 Cab) imported....but the price is hefty.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:34 PM
DaCepTiKoN is infamous around these parts
ive owned 3 of them and i currently have one now, i love it its a nice SUV very rugged

Old 03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jkb
it is so sexy and classic looking!
I definately think they are cool 4x4's, but sexy? I 911 or Ferrari is sexy.... G's are more like, Hitler Wagens...

I just can't stand the FLAT windshield!

Old 03-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Silver surfer

More pics or ban!!

Old 03-21-2007, 07:37 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoeyG
G's are more like, Hitler Wagens...
that's awfully politically correct of you.

here are more pics:

Old 03-21-2007, 08:01 PM
That thing is sweet bro. That is one of my top 5 vehicles right there.
YOu're right about never getting rid of it. I hope they never change the design on the G.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:07 PM
MementoMori is infamous around these parts
I had the pleasure of roadtripping in a G500 not too long ago and, even though I hate SUVs, I couldn't help but like it (except for the gas mileage, but you can't expect to get great mpg from such a vehicle). It rode smooth but, unlike an Escalde, could actually turn to get out of its own way. The owner (friend's dad) said he hadn't had any issues with the car in his two years of ownership.

If I had to buy an SUV, this would definitely be a contender. It's what the Terminator would drive if he had the choice.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:08 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
It got my point across... might have been harsh, but it was affective.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 AM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MementoMori
I had the pleasure of roadtripping in a G500 not too long ago and, even though I hate SUVs, I couldn't help but like it (except for the gas mileage, but you can't expect to get great mpg from such a vehicle). It rode smooth but, unlike an Escalde, could actually turn to get out of its own way. The owner (friend's dad) said he hadn't had any issues with the car in his two years of ownership.

If I had to buy an SUV, this would definitely be a contender. It's what the Terminator would drive if he had the choice.
The Terminator chose the Hummer.

No offense, SilverSurfer, as I respect unique projects, but your car reminds me of the car below. Not only that, all the body kit that is so close to the ground sort of defeats the point of a 4x4, as you'd probably have enough trouble going over one of those concrete stoppers at parking lots.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:12 AM
^ The G's been around longer though.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:41 AM
no offense taken, the truck is completely useless as a 4x4 and I knew that when I bought it. I just know that when I'm cuising around on a hot summer day with the top down and my flowmasters are a burblin', life is good.

I also ran this truck in the Players Run road rally in 2005 with only the slightest hiccup in almost 3000 miles. You should see the look on the Pcar, Fcar, and Viper owners when they can't seem to get me off their tail in the twisties

Last edited by silversurfer; 03-22-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:48 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
I love the cabrio!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silversurfer
no offense taken, the truck is completely useless as a 4x4 and I knew that when I bought it. I just know that when I'm cuising around on a hot summer day with the top down and my flowmasters are a burblin', life is good.

I also ran this truck in the Players Run road rally in 2005 with only the slightest hiccup in almost 3000 miles. You should see the look on the Pcar, Fcar, and Viper owners when they can't seem to get me off their tail in the twisties
I hate it too but I'd be willing to do you a favor and take it off your hands!

Old 03-22-2007, 05:36 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
i dont have one but its one of the few suv's i'd own

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has a G Wagon?