Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Who has a G Wagon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:39 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Silver Surfer, I am considering a 08 G55AMG. I would like to know where can I get a Black Bull Guard ,black covers for the marker lights on the hood and what Hood do you have on your G500? How hard is it to install Hella Black Magic Offroad lights on the Bull Guard, Should I screw two holes or have a fabricated stand.

Thank you in advance.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:00 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Bull guard would be easy to pick up from any off road performance store. You can even find these on ebay. The light guards are a mercedes accessory that you'd need to paint black. My hood is custom, one of a kind (created to decrease engine bay temps). The lights should be easy to get into the bull bar, usually holes are already pre-drilled. There are also holes drilled into the bumper for lights as well. I've since added another pair and changed the headlights and the bottom foglights to HID.

Oh, and my quick .2 of advice...don't buy a new Benz - they always drop like a rock in price.

Last edited by silversurfer; 03-23-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:04 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Bull guard would be easy to pick up from any off road performance store. You can even find these on ebay. The light guards are a mercedes accessory that you'd need to paint black. My hood is custom, one of a kind (created to decrease engine bay temps). The lights should be easy to get into the bull bar, usually holes are already pre-drilled. There are also holes drilled into the bumper for lights as well. I've since added another pair and changed the headlights and the bottom foglights to HID.
Thank you

Old 03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
aintME is infamous around these parts
haven't we done this before?

Here's mine....(5.8 Brabus conversion with Kleemann supercharger, dual side pipes (flowmasters), Brabus 20's, Brabus brakes, suspension, interior, etc.)

I also had an '05 Brabus G55 that I sold because I liked my G Cabriolet better.
right click, save. My fav G-wagen. Ohh, I'm saving ALL the pics

Old 03-23-2007, 07:23 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
thanks, mine too

Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 PM
MementoMori is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AUDIHenry
The Terminator chose the Hummer.

No offense, SilverSurfer, as I respect unique projects, but your car reminds me of the car below. Not only that, all the body kit that is so close to the ground sort of defeats the point of a 4x4, as you'd probably have enough trouble going over one of those concrete stoppers at parking lots.

Arnie chose the Hummer... I still stay the Terminator would choose the G55

Old 03-23-2007, 10:43 PM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
I've owned 6. From a '84 280GE to '05 G55K with no major issues.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:07 AM
drunkenoldman is infamous around these parts
How good are the G's in a chicago winter?

Old 03-24-2007, 01:26 AM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drunkenoldman
Childs play.

I used mine to access a ranch outside of Steamboat, CO (10,000 feet above sea level) in the winter. No problem (with snow tires of course).

Old 03-24-2007, 09:25 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by drunkenoldman
If they own the russian tundra, colorado is no prob

Old 03-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Have an '05 G55 and love it.

silversurfer, the cabriolet is looking hot! How much did you pay total for everything if you don't mind me asking? PM me if you'd like to....

Old 04-01-2007, 10:06 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts

I also ran this truck in the Players Run road rally in 2005 with only the slightest hiccup in almost 3000 miles. You should see the look on the Pcar, Fcar, and Viper owners when they can't seem to get me off their tail in the twisties

That's cool!

Old 04-01-2007, 10:17 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Hmmm...timely thread...I've been considering moving the Cayenne S for one...such a unique looking vehicle...

Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
I have an 05 G55 with almost 40k on the clock and have had it since it had 6k miles. Been to the dealer 3 times for warranty work. No electrical issues, mainly campaigns, recalls. Very fast SUV, VERY rough riding, exhaust is intoxicating. Best damn SUV out there that doesnt pretend to be a car.
Its my wife's daily driver and she will not let me sell it to get her something bigger even though we are going to be getting a 3rd child/baby seat.
The G'wagen is an awesome vehicle and pretty much unstoppable with the right tires.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Very fast SUV, VERY rough riding, exhaust is intoxicating. Best damn SUV out there that doesnt pretend to be a car.

The G'wagen is an awesome vehicle and pretty much unstoppable with the right tires.
I love it , just wish it isnt that expensive over here; I would of gotten it instead of my CS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has a G Wagon?