Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

help with S55 //AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:03 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Angry help with S55 //AMG

hey guys! i've had the worse luck with the tires on my 2003 S55 ///AMG!!

i've replaced the rear driver side tire twice already because of getting a bubble in the sidewall both times! replaced the front driver side tire once because a cement nail made a HUGE hole in the tire that wasn't plugable! and yesterday I got a flat from the front passanger side and when I went to get it fixed, apparently the front passanger wheel is also bent! in addition to all of this, when fixing the flat, I realized there is another bubble in the rear driver side tire!!!! plus, the only tire that hasn't been replaced (passanger rear) is pretty much worn out and needs to be replace too!

the car has approx 25k miles, it's driven in NYC (yes, land of potholes and strange road debris)

Soooo.. i need one new front wheel and 3 new tires! i thought it was good time for some new wheels and new tires (maybe all-seasons).

i was thinking about getting these and wonder if anybody had any experience with these aftermarket wheels

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6795626&rd=1,1

or these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2133167&rd=1,1

or these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4601367&rd=1,1

What is the main difference between authentic AMG rims and these cheap ones? I was thinking about putting some YOKO ADVAN S.4 (all-season tires) on them.

Any suggestions/experiences with the aftermarket rims? Or does anybody know where to get a good deal on one ///AMG wheel? Thanks!!!

Jason

Old 03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
I have some of those rims for sale with tires that fit your car, we have the same offset. They are 19x8 35offset and 19x9 35offset with Michelin Pilot Sport 1's 245/40ZR19 & 275/35ZR19 3500 miles total on package wheels are in perfect condition, always waxed with ZERO curb rash and ZERO scrapes, if you have interest let me know and Ill go out and take some closeup macro shots. Ill take 1450.00.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:26 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DrivenAgain
I have some of those rims for sale with tires that fit your car, we have the same offset. They are 19x8 35offset and 19x9 35offset with Michelin Pilot Sport 1's 245/40ZR19 & 275/35ZR19 3500 miles total on package wheels are in perfect condition, always waxed with ZERO curb rash and ZERO scrapes, if you have interest let me know and Ill go out and take some closeup macro shots. Ill take 1450.00.

yah, i'm interested, i guess those are the aftermarket ones correct? how are they? how is the quality? take some closeups please =)

Old 03-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
much to my surprize they are of excellet quality, they have the japanese stamp, and the japanese have strict tolerences and great finishing ability, i was also surprised that these are made for benz centerbore. I have to go out with my girlfriend to some ghey event and then I will take some close up shots in the garage once I get back, I just waxed them today

Old 03-21-2007, 06:02 PM
what happened to your oem rims?? why the aftermarket ones?

Old 03-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
what happened to your oem rims?? why the aftermarket ones?
I just purchased the car about a month ago and it came with these rims, the original owner swapped them out to have the "CL65" look and to have 19's Also they will not add weight, they weigh as much as the factory 18's My event was cancelled YAY, here are some pics:

LRear

R Rear

R Front

L Front

small blemish in clear coat on L Rear

Old 03-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
^ Those are sweet, I would opt for those.

Do not get the second ones from the ebay listings, hideous.