Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Best online sites for tuning products for SL55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:24 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
Arrow Best online sites for tuning products for SL55 AMG

Can anyone point me in a direction to get aftermarket engine performance, and all types of mods, for an SL 55 ? I want a great store with a large selection.

Thanks.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:10 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
look into Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus etc.

we're very happy with Kleemann product. the price point is reasonable and the product is reliable. a Stage I package will give u good power gain. a Stage II will give u insane torque for a daily reliable car.

that's just a start of course.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:18 PM
mikesneaks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 20C4S
look into Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus etc.

we're very happy with Kleemann product. the price point is reasonable and the product is reliable. a Stage I package will give u good power gain. a Stage II will give u insane torque for a daily reliable car.

that's just a start of course.

All 3 of the companies 20C4S mentioned are probably the best and most well known companies for modified Mercedes. They can do everything from simple ECU tunes, to wild engine modifications.

Renntech and Brabus are more expensive when it comes to dollar per horsepower, while Kleeman is known for giving you more power for your money.

All depends on your preference, as they all have very solid reputations.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:58 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Exhaust: Super Sprint from Headers, Mufflers, Primary Cats and X pipe, Ive heared good things about it, however its very expensive.
Ecu upgrade: stick with Renntech or Kleemann
Headers: I think Kleemann is cheaper
Pullies: Kleemann or Renntech
Camshafts: Kleemann

Tip: Ive heared people change their 76mm throttle bodies for 82mm[correct me if I am wron] they gained from 493/500hp to the cranck to about 520hp.

Thats Mostly what I know for the F/I AMG's, Since mine is NA 5.4L V8.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
thanks for the info guys...

Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Get the ASP pulley - I got 50+rwhp and 80+ lbs tq. (No ecu tune)

Then get an ECU tune, it's not high science (it's Greek to me) and shouldn't be so bloody expensive. www.veloceperformance.com

Be sure to check your intercooler pump. If you lose a huge amount of power after 3 or 4 hard runs, it needs to be replaced. It happens to all the 55's.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:08 AM
MNG
Banned
MNG is infamous around these parts
have you tried VRP, i heard alot of guys on MBworld talk about him

Old 04-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by MNG
have you tried VRP, i heard alot of guys on MBworld talk about him
VRP makes a larger throttle body and a carbon fiber airbox. The parts he makes though are for E55's, they may fit your vehicle.

I would be careful with the ASP pulley. It is much larger then the others, creating more boost that can possibly be harmful to your engine.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mikesneaks
VRP makes a larger throttle body and a carbon fiber airbox. The parts he makes though are for E55's, they may fit your vehicle.

I would be careful with the ASP pulley. It is much larger then the others, creating more boost that can possibly be harmful to your engine.
I think he can use VRP products on his SL55's since the E55,CLS55,SL55 share the same S/C M113 engine called M113 ML55 Evo if not mistaken, Correct me If I am wrong but what differs the SL55's 493hp engine with the CLS,G55, E55 M113 S/C is the throttle body ?

Old 04-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I think he can use VRP products on his SL55's since the E55,CLS55,SL55 share the same S/C M113 engine called M113 ML55 Evo if not mistaken, Correct me If I am wrong but what differs the SL55's 493hp engine with the CLS,G55, E55 M113 S/C is the throttle body ?
You probably are correct. I was not sure and didn't want to give mis-information.

Your right when it comes to the throttle body. The one on the SL55 is larger then on E55's.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:30 PM
You probably are correct. I was not sure and didn't want to give mis-information.

Your right when it comes to the throttle body. The one on the SL55 is larger then on E55's.
Thank you.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:48 PM
silk55 is infamous around these parts
Mussel Kar has kleeman headers/ecu/pullys and is getting i think 620hp

Old 04-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by silk55
Mussel Kar has kleeman headers/ecu/pullys and is getting i think 620hp
He has the Kleemann Stage 2 =K2 Kit.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Any personal experience or knowledge of something like this?
How much larger is it?

I haven't heard of anyone and there are plenty of people who have an ASP pulley. And I know you wouldn't "want to give mis-information".

Old 04-05-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by DFW911T
Any personal experience or knowledge of something like this?
How much larger is it?

I haven't heard of anyone and there are plenty of people who have an ASP pulley. And I know you wouldn't "want to give mis-information".
No, I do not have any personal experience with the ASP pulley system.

They ASP pulley is 175 mm, as Renntech's is 165 mm.

You are right, there are plenty of people that have ASP pulley's without any problems, but there are also, people that have had them and have had problems because of the higher boost and increased engine temperature that it creates causing the stock IC pump to be overwhelmed, thus shutting down the supercharger.

Like with any tuner products out there, proceed with caution and understand that no matter how respected they are, there is always a chance for the product to fail. Each and every tuner has had problems and ASP is no exception.

If you think I am wrong, then please correct me. I never claimed I know everything. I am here just like everyone else, trying to be a vital part of this forum and help others, like they have helped me.

I suggest you should read my post again before you get your panties in a bunch...

Last edited by mikesneaks; 04-05-2007 at 02:10 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Best online sites for tuning products for SL55 AMG