Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

The Surfer's collection just got a whole lot stronger!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 01:56 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dgussin1
236K euro's though.
For a car that is (supposedly) faster and (definitely) rarer than an Enzo...I'll take two.

Besides, I'm not a guy who likes a lot of flash...between this and a CGT or Fcar (which are both much more common) and are still depreciating...heck why am I justifying? I love it, you love it...let's drive!!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
you just let me know when it is here in town...... ***

Old 05-08-2007, 02:03 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversurfer
For a car that is (supposedly) faster and (definitely) rarer than an Enzo...I'll take two.

Besides, I'm not a guy who likes a lot of flash...between this and a CGT or Fcar (which are both much more common) and are still depreciating...heck why am I justifying? I love it, you love it...let's drive!!
I don't see how it could be faster than an enzo....it weighs 700# more and has 80 less HP.

It is indeed a rarer breed, but it's still a CLK where an Enzo, well it's an Enzo.

It's a fantastic auto and I am happy for you. I'd love to own one!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:08 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dgussin1
I don't see how it could be faster than an enzo....it weighs 700# more and has 80 less HP.
I was surprised too...this is coming from two guys who own both and report similar results

Old 05-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with your project bro, Ill be watching with enthusiam.

J

Old 05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
I was surprised too...this is coming from two guys who own both and report similar results
perhaps it feels faster due to the torque and instant power of the twin screw. I doubt it will actually accelerate faster.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Silver Surfer, post your collection already, don't be shy

You have 2 of my dream cars so far, Brabus G convertible and CLK DTM, what Mercedes are you gonna get next to make me hunt you down and kill you outta jealousy?
SLR 722 roadster?

Old 05-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Wow
Silver Surfer, post your collection already, don't be shy

You have 2 of my dream cars so far, Brabus G convertible and CLK DTM, what Mercedes are you gonna get next to make me hunt you down and kill you outta jealousy?
SLR 722 roadster?
thanks man, I posted it already and then took it down. Don't like to have all my business out there all the time. My only other Benz for now is a Kleemann modified E55 wagon. No plans for the SLR. Not my style.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:47 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
^ I respect that. Don't get me wrong, I would love to drool over the list and make you my new idol any day of the week, but I definitely respect your position.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:39 PM
PIXC55 is infamous around these parts
DAMN i would love to see how this thing feels!!!!!!

Old 05-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Responsible user
Bronto is infamous around these parts
wow man what do you do for a living really?!

lol j/k I've always loved the dtm, it's such a rare car and is built only for driving pleasure! wish a lot of joyful times in it!
(and drive safe)

j

Old 05-09-2007, 10:02 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
congrats dude!! I'ld love to have one in silver. Enjoy.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
hey buddy...here is a cool video I found, you can see how hard the DTM pulls from the Gallardo

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/04...es-CLK-DTM.htm

Old 05-11-2007, 06:26 PM
He pulls him hard in the straights doesn't he? Don't know why he let him pass though? Just spoke to a friend of one of the guys who owns a DTM and an Enzo (member of this board). Friend said that he was driving the DTM while the owner was driving the Enzo at the track (lapping stuff). Owner in Enzo couldn't shake friend in DTM, finally let DTM pass

Old 05-11-2007, 06:45 PM
integrate is infamous around these parts
He pulls him hard in the straights doesn't he? Don't know why he let him pass though? Just spoke to a friend of one of the guys who owns a DTM and an Enzo (member of this board). Friend said that he was driving the DTM while the owner was driving the Enzo at the track (lapping stuff). Owner in Enzo couldn't shake friend in DTM, finally let DTM pass
Who is this? Did Eric get an DTM or is it a lurker of the forum

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Surfer's collection just got a whole lot stronger!