Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

The AMG Badge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:41 PM
kayman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gabriel
I laugh a lot with those that put badges where they don't belong. But I laugh more when I see M or AMG owners offended when they see the badge on a non M or non AMG car.
same here.. its funny how m/amg owners take it so personally.

few weeks ago, saw a dusty AMG badged E500 parked in a lot. Someone had written "NOT A" above the badge in the dust.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:22 PM
ajax1964 is infamous around these parts
The only thing i look at is the sides behind the front wheels..If they're going to try and pimp the "v8" kompressor"' or "biturbo" lettering they must really need to..

Old 05-20-2007, 06:39 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
6088TTS - Did you even read the what you quoted?

I think we've concluded.. Only true AMG cars with 2 #s have AMG badges from the factory. It is in fact a coincidence that sport package equipped cars have AMG badges - - put on by the dealer.

BMW does put M badges on their sport package cars, but NOT on the trunk - - which is the typical place to identify a car. The wheels, steering wheel, etc are in fact ///M parts, so they are all produced with those badges.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
E34 and E36 M packs had the M on the trunk...

Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
[edited_ ]

Last edited by 996TTDave; 11-06-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Dave,

What I find interesting about the false badging is it is universal - meaning that you could be in Hong Kong or Miami and you'll still see plenty of people doing it. What I really don't understand is that the majority of people who really care about what an AMG is are going to be able to spot a fake pretty easily... and for people who add AMG to their regular Mercedes badging I just don't really understand who they are trying to impress - their regular Mercedes doesn't pull in enough tail that they need AMG badges?

It used to upset me a lot more, but realistically after you see it enough you just kind of become desensitized to it. There's this family who lives in a new construction area by my parents - all 1.25mil and above houses - they have a 2002 Mercedes S-class (pre LED-tailights), with S55 AMG badges (yes, there was a 2002 S55, but not a KOMPRESSOR), V8 kompressor badges, and more chrome trim than a 50 Cent music video. The car still makes me throw up a bit in my mouth but honestly what are you going to do.

-m

Old 05-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
Audi has S-line.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hernando
Audi has S-line.
Only at the doors

Old 05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gabriel
Only at the doors
And front grille.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 AM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
I like that look felix ... badass

Old 05-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Panayiotis
Both BMW and Mercedes do this, on BMWs the M Sport kitted cars have //M badges and similarly AMG doesn;t just create the E55 etc, but also bodykits etc and hence such cars are equipped by the AMG factory like this.

Audi has jumped on the bandwagon with the S line stuff. They all do it. Its called cashing in on your customers aspirations.

The problem is when you see 320 BMW's with M3 badges, or E320 Mercs with E55 badges.

in europe bmw does that not in the states

Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 PM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fixedupw203
actually they are all BS. Unless they come with the AMG engine, suspension, brakes, interior, and all the other tidbits than it is NOT an AMG. Many people buy the sl500 that has the amg package (wheels + bodykit) and have the deaker throw on the amg badge on the rear. Its pathetic that some people are driving nice cars and are still not content and have to fake it. Oh well
they are not ALL BS. my 129 500 came from the factory with the AMG wheels and bodykit AND and "AMG" badge as well. although, some people do put them on themselves for various (not always correct) reasons, dont say they are ALL BS unless you actually have all the info. zamirz is actually correct.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 PM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
^I'm not so sure about this. I'm not calling BS, but if this is the case then it must be one helluva coincidence that ALL SoCal dealerships equip their sports pkg cars with AMG badges on the trunk lid, and they are all lined up perfectly like the factory does it.
zamirz is correct as i said above...you can order a car from MB with a sports package (ie AMG kit but not engine) and from the factory, it will have an AMG badge along with the SL500, S500 etc..

Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 PM
RPM
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Before MBUSA took down it's AMG section it had a FAQ I used to quote that specifically addressed this issue. The question was "should I put AMG badging on my non-AMG Mercedes" - the answer was essentially that only AMG models are true AMG cars and are worthy of the AMG badging. Neither Mercedes or AMG place AMG badges on non-AMG cars, regardless of what sport-package, kit, wheels, or whatever. The wheels may have an AMG badge, but absolutely NO non-AMG Mercedes comes with the AMG badges from the factory. If an owner is taking delivery of a new non-AMG car with AMG badges (regardless of what AMG parts it has) it was added by the dealership, period.

Dave - Good to see another northside AMG fan. I'm on my 3rd E55.

-m
wrong. period (unless, im the only one who has ever experienced this)

Old 05-24-2007, 09:18 AM
H-MAN is infamous around these parts
Last year I was at a MB dealer in Bellevue WA & saw a silver W208 CLK sitting across the parking lot. From behind it looked like my CLK55. The young dealer who was shadowing me said that it was his car. We go over and it's a super riced out CLK430 with an AMG badge slapped on. I asked him if he was serious about putting the AMG badge on his car. He got all defensive and said how it had AMG wheels on it when he bought it. I was laughing all the way off the lot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The AMG Badge