Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

The AMG Badge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 08:49 PM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WyattH
What kind of Mercedes was it? ^ Was it your S500?

I don't know what to say. I trust you, but can't answer your confusion.
it was my R129. its one of the last Sl's built in 2001 right before the run of silver arrows. it has just the AMG cosmetics (wheels, front and rear valence and side skirts.)

i guess we are just beating a dead horse...thanks for all the input guys

Ross

Old 03-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Stratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to beholdStratocaster is a splendid one to behold
ROFL!

My neighbor has a CLK430 AMG "special edition"......Well he got the "special" part right anyway...

Old 08-29-2009, 01:45 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Saw this tonight - Thought i would dig up and old thread and post it - This guy went all out...

S430 badge (left) - AMG badge (right) - 4 non-AMG pipes... So close...

Last edited by 996TTDave; 12-12-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:20 PM
GENTANI is infamous around these parts
Outside of the US, Asia for example, they get AMG badges with the suspension/body kit packages. In the US, only AMG hand-built cars get badging.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:07 AM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fixedupw203
actually they are all BS. Unless they come with the AMG engine, suspension, brakes, interior, and all the other tidbits than it is NOT an AMG. Many people buy the sl500 that has the amg package (wheels + bodykit) and have the deaker throw on the amg badge on the rear. Its pathetic that some people are driving nice cars and are still not content and have to fake it. Oh well

I agree, I notice a lot of those down here in Cali, especially in OC. Sad....

Old 08-30-2009, 03:08 AM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stratocaster
ROFL!

My neighbor has a CLK430 AMG "special edition"......Well he got the "special" part right anyway...

You should ask him what is so special about it?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 AM
FEAR is infamous around these partsFEAR is infamous around these parts
CHECK THIS OUT.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208...k-430-amg.html

Last edited by FEAR; 08-31-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:06 AM
GTEE83 is infamous around these parts
I saw an SLK230 the other day with an AMG badge on the trunk. There were no other signs of any AMG equipment, i.e. no wheels, body kit or anything else. I guess it was there to impress the people that don't know any better. I don't even bother asking about them any more since it just seems kind of sad.

Another guy around here has a '99 996 with an aerokit that has a GT3 badge on it. My thought was "geeze, I hope no other 6speed guys see it, they would be so merciless".

Old 09-03-2009, 12:16 AM
VINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura aboutVINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura aboutVINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GENTANI
Outside of the US, Asia for example, they get AMG badges with the suspension/body kit packages. In the US, only AMG hand-built cars get badging.
I would like to concur to the above statement as well. Here in Asia, the dealer will almost always offer 2 types, the standard or the sport edition where you get all the typical AMG add-ons for more money of course. The typical buyer being executive types but not necessarily car guys like us, would opt for the sport edition and they will get the car with AMG badging, even though it's not a "real" AMG as you guys put it.

I certainly believe these buyers couldn't care less if their car is a "real" AMG or not. All they know is they paid more for an upgrade in AMG parts and they rightfully deserve to get the AMG badge.

I also doubt they will come in here to do a research to see if it's real or not, heehhe.....

By the way, my S350 (oooo lala...) has AMG S65 bodykit and exhaust, but I told the dealer not to put on the AMG badge. I don't want to get lynched by the good folks here....

Old 09-07-2009, 05:43 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
I love the fake 4 tips that look that they are just hovering or floating in mid air right where the bumper ends. Looks sad to an otherwise already nice car. Don't ghetto it up.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Jaedee is infamous around these parts
The CLS (and I'm sure its the same for all MB models) does not get badged with the AMG logo if unless you have the Engine, brakes, etc. I ordered mine with the AMG sport package (body, exhaust, wheels) and there is no AMG badge, nor would I want to be a poser and add it.