Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Mercedes-Benz = Old people car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:56 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tranquility
where are the sportscoupes to keep up w/ the M3s?
They dont need sportscoupes to keep up with M3s

Old 07-09-2007, 08:01 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
They dont need sportscoupes to keep up with M3s
Well, I still wish they made more coupes.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Then they wouldn't be Mercedes... Mercedes is known for luxury and comfort, with great power.

BMW is known for more sporty, yet well appointed cars that have adequate power and are better for spirited driving.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
lol im young and i love my AMG

Old 07-15-2007, 08:05 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
with the VA laws, the C class is even too powerful now for us people.
:-(

Old 07-15-2007, 10:37 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I too wish they had an MT, but their 7speed Paddler is pretty impressive. With so many M3s sold in SMG, I'm surprised this is that big of a deal.
The new C63 is simply bad-***.
I'd rock a CLS63 as a DD in a heartbeat!!!
I think they are not an "old man's car" anymore, so much as they just need to come out with a model that is more down our specific alley - - a la, a sport coupe as mentioned before.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Kingofcars is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fantasma
Then they wouldn't be Mercedes... Mercedes is known for luxury and comfort, with great power.

BMW is known for more sporty, yet well appointed cars that have adequate power and are better for spirited driving.
Amen.

Well I happen to be an old man.

I have had my share of M3, M5, CLK, E class, S class, Jag's and the like.

Bottom line is that (at this point in my life) for daily drivers, people may want performance but not at the expense of comfort and luxury. For me that also means ease of getting in and out and no manual trans (Chicago bumper to bumper can be a *****). I also want less of a jarring ride on a day to day basis. Mercedes E or S class, Bmw 5 or 7 class, whether AMG or M fit the bill. (Sorry, not an Audi fan)

That doesnt mean I don't like to drive or shift gears manually, just not on a daily basis especially since I deal with traffic on a day to day basis.

So advice from an older member:

Become successul enough to start collecting large quantities of automobiles. Cars for comfort, sport, and track. And try to keep them close so you can drive whatever you want, whenever.

Also don't forget the older ones. Obviously, the newest cars are the fastest, most technologically advanced, best handling......but there is just something about 50's, 60's and now 70's cars.....old Benzes, Jags, Alfa's, Ferrari's, etc.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

King

Old 07-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Sheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond repute
The MB S class has the biggest cult following there is in Eastern Europe.

S Class is more prestigious than a GT or a Flying Spur (where the first is for girls and the second too ugly)

My problem after driving the latest gen land yacths is that i feel distant and remote. Im gonna give a CL63 a go sometime next week....but in general the S left me feeling distant, remote, and with a general feeling of controling an aircraft carrier with a super nintendo controler. My dad loves them.... I like driving the lex gs over it anyday.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:50 PM
banditlex is infamous around these parts
It is only perceived that way because MB refuses to put manual transmissions into their performance cars.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Dknebes is infamous around these parts
I also drive a 733rwhp 930 porsche but I still enjoy the performance and feel of my E55 AMG. Old people car ?

Old 07-29-2007, 05:34 PM
nsavastano is infamous around these partsnsavastano is infamous around these parts
I use to think that mercedes was a joke also. We have a cls55 though and the care is incredible. If I had to pick one car to drive all the time it would be this. So much torque, so much fun but still classy.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:21 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Drove my S 63 all day today...what an amazing car...

Old 07-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Drove my S 63 all day today...what an amazing car...
Have you used the Race Timer yet? Hot laps around town?

Old 07-29-2007, 06:57 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Have you used the Race Timer yet? Hot laps around town?
WTF?!?!? Race timer? Good lord...I need more info...

Old 07-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TUUNER
WTF?!?!? Race timer? Good lord...I need more info...
Go through your dash display options. When you get to the AMG portion, it is in there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz = Old people car?