Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Supercharger for AMG 63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Vadim@GMGRacing
Supercharger for AMG 63s

Over the last several weeks I have had a number of 63 owners expressing interest in forced induction for their cars.
After evaluating a number of possibilities in terms of what to use - turbo or supercharger - I have settled on a twin-screw from Kenne Bell.

Let me try to answer some fore coming questions to best of my knowledge at this time.

1. What kind of power increase can be expected?
Since M156 runs 11.3:1 CR, 3-4 psi will be boost limit for Stage I, as R&D progresses and transmission strength can be verified, more boost would be possible. I am expecting 70HP/70TQ at the wheels at this boost level, more with other mods.

2. Price?
At this time it is hard to predict. I will do everything I can to make it affordable.

3. Will it work with other mods?
Not with software, but with headers, exhaust, intake and so forth should not be a problem.

4. What do I do next?
If you are interested and serious about this kit, I need to hear from you, so I can judge the demand more precisely. Just e-mail me your name, model and contact information.

Thank you for listening.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Subscribed.... I have customers asking about this as well. I'm interested to see the durability of the transmissions, and boost numbers on the stock engine.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:38 PM
roadtalontsi is infamous around these partsroadtalontsi is infamous around these parts
Cool. i know kleeman has been working on one for a while. good luck on the tuning. Getting rid of the 2 intake flaps is really going make things interesting, much less the intake and exhaust cam degree advance/retard.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:43 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
The 2.8H is a badass blower and will make the 63's sick!

Some lower compression pistons (8.5:1) and 15psi will be INSANE. Easy 700rwhp on pump gas.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Vadim@GMGRacing
Thank you for support!

Cool. i know kleeman has been working on one for a while. good luck on the tuning. Getting rid of the 2 intake flaps is really going make things interesting, much less the intake and exhaust cam degree advance/retard.
Kleeman has decided against making the blower kit, this why I decided to go for it.

The intake flaps are actually throttle bodies. 63s have twin 70 mm TBs that are mounted upside down, under the manifold. It will not be easy, but I have several ideas on how to make it work.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:47 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
Thank you for support!

Kleeman has decided against making the blower kit, this why I decided to go for it.

The intake flaps are actually throttle bodies. 63s have twin 70 mm TBs that are mounted upside down, under the manifold. It will not be easy, but I have several ideas on how to make it work.
Why did they decide against it?

Old 08-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Vadim@GMGRacing
Do not know. Decision was made in Denmark.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:34 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
i can just imagine how ridiculous 63 amgs will be with a little F/I

Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 AM
since it's already n/a, why not do turbos?

Old 08-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Vadim@GMGRacing
No room for turbos.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:51 PM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
because they tried it and it went boom I heard!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Vadim@GMGRacing
AMG or tuner??

Old 08-08-2007, 05:47 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
subscribed!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
No room for turbos.

APS seems to have good success with non engine mounted turbos with the vettes.

http://www.airpowersystems.com/products_usa.html

Old 08-09-2007, 07:55 PM
mono2100 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DMK
I heard the same from a very good source. No idea what setup they used...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharger for AMG 63s