Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Special edition E63 700hp from factory?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:46 PM
jerrym is infamous around these parts
i think he is full of it

Old 08-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Depending on his afiliation to MBUSA it may be for real.

Any of the know-it-all responders hear of an E-55 Presidential?
Less than a dozen made it to the U.S. 2004-05 model year with 550+ hp

I know of the car (and had the opportunity to buy one second hand) from John Halata the brother of the past president of MBUSA Paul Halata.

I know of several special (read: Non Advertised) cars brought in for MB officials. Cars may have come from Canada as both Paul and John worked for MB in Canada prior to their US positions.

John Halata now Co-Owns MB of Lynwood in Washington State.

I will try to dig up the information I was given 3 years ago.

Cheers.

Car had unique heavily bolstered seats and special interior.
Very understated, Presidential also had upgraded brakes, motor, transmission and suspension.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned
bmorrell is infamous around these parts
^ You said 04-05 model year. He said E63, which means MY07. Can't be true.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
I know he said E63.
I am saying that there has been in the past. So there may be a current offering.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Denstoyz is infamous around these parts
I looked everywhere and can't find anything! I wasnt there when he came in otherwise I would have tried to run him with my S65 and if he beat me then I woulda believed him. However, my cousin was there and he has a CLS55 AMG which would be pretty close to the E63 in terms of performance. Well he thought he was full of it too so he asked to run but he declined. I mean if he somehow has 700hp then he would walk on a CLS55 but the car looked completely stock. Even Renntech can only get 555hp out of that car due to tranny limitations so I dont know what he's smoking! Oh well - just wanted to confirm!

Oh and another thing - when my cousin mentioned to him about my Rennteched S65 he said he also has a S65 (dont know what year) and that its slow and he gave it to his wife and opted for this special edition E63! When I heard that I just about got in my car to go show him how SLOW my S65 really is but got control of myself and decided it was a waste a gas and an hour of my time! Besides - he wouldnt even attempt to run a CLS55 so I highly doubt he woulda even tried me!

Old 08-15-2007, 08:38 AM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Me too. And I logged in, and couldn't find ANY information on this.
You in sales? Are they taking deposits for the C63 yet?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
I'm back in service... And I don't know if deposits have been taken, I'll talk to my sales guys.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Akara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the rough
I've heard of the E55 presidential edition, which was only an '03 model. There were only something like 7 of those made. No extra power, just fancier interior materials. They also made a CLS 55 Presidential edition in 2006. Twelve of those were made. Again, just a fancy interior.

There's info about those cars floating around on the net with such a small production run, yet nothing about 1 0f 100 e63 with 700hp? Don't think its true.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Akara1, I was just about to say the same about the Presidential model........I think it was just cosmetic nothing performance related.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kevinw23
Akara1, I was just about to say the same about the Presidential model........I think it was just cosmetic nothing performance related.
It's not likely Mercedes would do a performance mod for so few cars. The design, production, testing and emissions re-certification would be too costly.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 PM
mono2100 is infamous around these parts
Presidential Model is cosmetic only and can be found on the CLS55 and E55 it is a special black with red interior.....

Old 08-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Vadim@GMGRacing
I think he is reffering to 030 Performance Option.

Here are details:

2008 Packages
P30 AMG Performance Package
The Performance Package begins with a 20 percent increase in top track speed to 186 mph.

18-inch two-piece AMG 5-spoke wheels are finished in sterling silver and equipped with high-performance tires2 — the largest available factory wheel and tire combination mounted on AMG lightweight two-piece alloy wheels.

The AMG track-calibrated AIRMATIC suspension system is exclusively calibrated for use in high-speed driving conditions, while the limited-slip differential improves traction by preventing wheel slip under lower traction conditions.

14.1" DTM-style AMG sports steering wheel in black leather with aluminum shift paddles.

Power remains at 507 HP.

It is pricey and only less 100 are expected to hit US.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
I think he is reffering to 030 Performance Option.

Here are details:

2008 Packages
P30 AMG Performance Package
The Performance Package begins with a 20 percent increase in top track speed to 186 mph.

18-inch two-piece AMG 5-spoke wheels are finished in sterling silver and equipped with high-performance tires2 — the largest available factory wheel and tire combination mounted on AMG lightweight two-piece alloy wheels.

The AMG track-calibrated AIRMATIC suspension system is exclusively calibrated for use in high-speed driving conditions, while the limited-slip differential improves traction by preventing wheel slip under lower traction conditions.

14.1" DTM-style AMG sports steering wheel in black leather with aluminum shift paddles.

Power remains at 507 HP.

It is pricey and only less 100 are expected to hit US.
That makes much more sense! Maybe he just wishes he could have 700hp! Maybe I should sell him my Renntech S65 so he gets pretty close!

Old 08-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Vadim@GMGRacing
It will not be even close.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
It will not be even close.

Huh? Renntech S65 wont be close to 700hp? Its actually just shy of it! Stock they're already over 600hp.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Special edition E63 700hp from factory?