Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My DTM is here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:49 PM
930Cruz is infamous around these parts
Silversurfer that is a Beautiful car I am not here to argue I will leave it at that. Read the Canepa website. Bruce's car is back up for sale 230 miles.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:58 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
ben,

we'll look forward to seeing your beautiful new ride on sunday! i still have a soft spot for the RUF! i look back at the pictures from our drive we did on wednesday and smile at the show you put on for us after our little "photo shoot" stop! that was quite amazing!!!!

~jody

Old 10-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
Silver...that reminds me...what Ruf do you have?....pic?

Old 10-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 930Cruz
Silversurfer that is a Beautiful car I am not here to argue I will leave it at that. Read the Canepa website. Bruce's car is back up for sale 230 miles.
I took this straight from the Canepa website, all I add was my words in Quotes next to the part in BLUE that I highlighted. Nothing about FIA edition, I think they meant something along the lines as the FIA pace car in previous years (now the Black series).

This special version of the CLK is the CLK DTM AMG sports car, which looks similar to the full race car for the German Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM) racing series. Only 100 street cars were released for sale with only 60 being left hand drive.
This particular car is one of only 5 that were delivered to the US. In addition to an engine upgrade (read:UPGRADE) producing an extra 51 hp over a standard DTM this car also has an un-restricted carbon fiber ground effect under tray for greater down force and top speed.(they all did)

it certainly looks the part, with its deep front spoiler, deck-lid wing, brawny wheel-arch extensions, and nineteen-inch front and twenty-inch rear wheels, shod with 225/35 and 285/30 Dunlop tires.
The interior is a study in carbon fiber. The stock CLK instrument panel remains, but there’s a new gauge cluster, and carbon fiber door panels, the center console, and the space where the rear seats used to live. Carbon-fiber bucket sport seats with leather trim, four-point harnesses, a suede-covered steering wheel, and alloy paddle shifters complete the effect.
Powered by a massaged version of the SL55 AMG’s 5.4-liter, supercharged V-8, which now cranks out 625 hp. Modified cam timing, more boost, a stiffer crankcase, and a new exhaust system help to hike power and torque over the SL55’s already useful 493 hp and 516 lb-ft. The engine is mated to a five-speed manu-matic transmission.
The running gear, too, has been modified. The MacPherson-strut front and multilink rear suspensions have adjustable springs and gas-filled dampers, there is a stiffer rear antiroll bar and new rear hub carriers and driveshafts, and metal-to-metal joints have replaced rubber ones. A multiplate limited-slip differential helps put the power to the ground, and the stability and traction control systems have been recalibrated. Finally, there are properly large 14.2-inch-diameter front and 13.0-inch rear discs, with six-piston calipers up front and four pistons out back.

The result of these changes is a stunning car. The engine makes 86 percent of its torque from 2000 rpm, so it goes with real alacrity: Mercedes claims 0 to 62 mph in 3.0 seconds. It sounds fabulous, too, with an awesome growl that’s an octave higher than that of a stock AMG blown engine.
625 Horsepower — 516 ft/lbs Torque

Old 10-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Ben,
You left urs totally stock correct, if so did you ever do a dyno? thanks bro

J

Old 10-25-2007, 07:13 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Not trying to argue just asking you to clarify where you're getting your information from. Not only, does Canepa's website say that the car is NOT for sale ("Now part of the Canepa collection"), but it also says nothing about FIA.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM
The Canepa DTM is now off the collection list I spoke with Bruce, he says this car is factory he has not modified it, the 625hp is from AMG and an FIA Super License was required for his DTM. I miss quoted the FIA spec it is AMG spec for 12-13 FIA Super Licensed drivers such as Kimi Raikkonen and Bruce.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:12 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
The Canepa DTM is now off the collection list I spoke with Bruce, he says this car is factory he has not modified it, the 625hp is from AMG and an FIA Super License was required for his DTM. I miss quoted the FIA spec it is AMG spec for 12-13 FIA Super Licensed drivers such as Kimi Raikkonen and Bruce.
Thanks, now that's what I was asking for in the first place. A little clarification..not too hard right? Although I don't know what a FIA super license is and why it would be required to purchase a car. It was my understanding that no cars were made available to any US customers right off the bat, so how did Bruce get one built to his spec?

I know what is required to get to the 625hp...although I wouldn't be able to get it done from AMG (because I'm not super duper special), I could get it done from Kleemann or Renntech. And to answer your question Driven, yes, the car is bone stock except for tints.

Any idea what Bruce wants $$wise for his car?

Old 10-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Bruce Canepa has not raced professionally in years (from what he has told me, not counting Vintage racing).. no reason for him to get back to the point of havingn FIA licesne. I talked to him quite a bit at Barrett Jackson each year, we have a booth next to him each time. HE is a very cool guy.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:56 PM
blueworksGT3 is infamous around these parts
wow wow wow

Old 10-26-2007, 11:08 PM
ajayjuneja is infamous around these parts
really yummy!

Old 10-30-2007, 02:32 PM
SS, Bruce is asking $430,000.00 with 230 miles. 20 years from now I think the more subtle looks of the CLK DTM will stand up as well or better than the SLR McLaren. IMHO

Old 10-30-2007, 04:03 PM
SS, Bruce is asking $430,000.00 with 230 miles. 20 years from now I think the more subtle looks of the CLK DTM will stand up as well or better than the SLR McLaren. IMHO
Great price considering the other two on the market have many more miles and are up around $500k.

And, for the record, I agree with you about the appreciating value of this car vs. the penismobile.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:49 AM
slicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to behold
Very Nice.