Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My DTM is here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Piker is infamous around these parts
You have great taste in cars! Congrats on the purchase.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Very hot!

Also in case anyone else is interested in more info.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Outstanding !!!

js

Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
topspn is infamous around these parts
Sick...........!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
Car looks great and the photography is quite good too!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Easy888 is a jewel in the roughEasy888 is a jewel in the roughEasy888 is a jewel in the rough
Awesome ride bro.

Question though, which is faster between the 2: DTM or Black Series? Does anyone know?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:46 PM
PCam is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Easy888
Awesome ride bro.

Question though, which is faster between the 2: DTM or Black Series? Does anyone know?
DTM would blow away a BlackSeries.....

...and they both get blown away by my E55.

I WISH!!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:52 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Easy888
Awesome ride bro.

Silversurfer is hunting you down as we speak...

Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 PM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
I would have loved to see you trying to get the car licensed at the local WA licensing office. "Now say again, just what kind of Mercedes do your own? What the hell is DTM???"

Old 08-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Daaammnnn!!!!!
theres only 100?

congrats!!!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:50 PM
93 r1 is infamous around these parts
What are your impressions of the power? I rode in one of these about a year ago and felt it was faster than the SLR.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Easy888 is a jewel in the roughEasy888 is a jewel in the roughEasy888 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by daedalus
Silversurfer is hunting you down as we speak...
I thought that would be coming

Old 08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 93 r1
What are your impressions of the power? I rode in one of these about a year ago and felt it was faster than the SLR.
Never driven or ridden in an SLR so I can't compare the two. 1st and 2nd are fast but not overwhelming. 3rd gear feels like warp speed. 4th gear probably feels like ludicrous speed although i haven't really stretched its legs that far yet. And I've not gotten farther than that. All in all, doesn't feel as fast as my Ruf, but it's certainly not slow.

It's the handling and braking that blow me away. For a 3700lb. car, this car handles like my Ariel does. Combined with the acceleration, this car is the closest thing to a total package, daily driveable supercar that I've ever experienced. The ride is not too harsh, unless you want to adjust it accordingly. There's a lot of room for storage, AC, etc. But then you open it up, and the sound...it's different than any other 55 (modded or not) than I've heard. Got to lift it up in the air to hear how they did it. It's truly amazing.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
BEn, and I thought you were just out cruising when I called you with my dead battery in the acura thanks again for helping me with the jump box

Guys: I was lucky enough to be the first passenger in the new car... and see it come off the truck... the only words we could keep saying is HOLY FCK! The car is.. amazing.. no other words! Sitting in the passenger seat the acceleration is incredible! spinning tires through 2nd and 3rd...

Last edited by Brucem; 08-28-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:18 PM
93 r1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Never driven or ridden in an SLR so I can't compare the two. 1st and 2nd are fast but not overwhelming. 3rd gear feels like warp speed. 4th gear probably feels like ludicrous speed although i haven't really stretched its legs that far yet. And I've not gotten farther than that. All in all, doesn't feel as fast as my Ruf, but it's certainly not slow.

It's the handling and braking that blow me away. For a 3700lb. car, this car handles like my Ariel does. Combined with the acceleration, this car is the closest thing to a total package, daily driveable supercar that I've ever experienced. The ride is not too harsh, unless you want to adjust it accordingly. There's a lot of room for storage, AC, etc. But then you open it up, and the sound...it's different than any other 55 (modded or not) than I've heard. Got to lift it up in the air to hear how they did it. It's truly amazing.
Yeah theres some traction issues in the lower gears but once its going its definately a beast. I've been told the power is underrated on the DTM so SLR owners aren't mad. I definately felt the DTM was faster IMO. The fit and finish is definately amazing. Sound is definately incredible. Your Ruf must be pretty badass. The only thing I've ridden in that felt faster then the DTM was a 700rwhp Z06.

Enjoy it in good health.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My DTM is here...