Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My DTM is here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:04 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
go to bed Bruce.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
****.... I just got home form work a short while ago.. and Im fricken beat.. 13 hour day.. lets go get a damn drink

Old 08-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Banned
*STATUS* is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversurfer
srsly..no offense to you or your buddy...but if one more person calls my car a Black Series or compares my car to a Black Series, I'm going to go postal.
they are kind of similar ill be driving one in a few wks but i like the DTM better and they are definately different but share a lot. The blak series is like the newer breed of the DTM

Old 08-30-2007, 08:28 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
The blak series is like the newer breed of the DTM
LOL...can't wait to see what people have to say about this. **Popcorn**

Old 08-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Ag Surfer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by *STATUS*
they are kind of similar ill be driving one in a few wks but i like the DTM better and they are definately different but share a lot. The blak series is like the newer breed of the DTM
Uhh, not really:

"
The Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR was a V12 midengine race car developed for the 1997 FIA GT championships. It shared only lights and other exterior similarities with the normal CLK. Production of the required 25 road cars began in late 1998.
A special version of the CLK is the CLK DTM AMG sports car, which looks similar to the full race car for the German Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters racing series which has to use a normally aspirated 4.0 L V8, limited to less than 500 hp. 100 Coupés and 80 Convertibles were released for sale in Europe, using AMG's supercharged 5.4 L V8, now producing 428 kW (582 PS) and 800 N·m (590 ft·lbf). The front and rear track are widened by 2.9 and 4.2 inches (74 and 110 mm) respectively, and special tires and suspension modifications allow the car to pull 1.35 g (13 m/s²) of lateral acceleration. 0-100 km/h acceleration is just 3.9 seconds, and top speed is 320 km/h (199 mph). In Germany, the car cost 236,060 euro after taxes."

courtesy of wikipedia.com

Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
I'm too tired to tell whether you're just trying to bait me into replying, but I'll make it simple. You couldn't be more wrong. They don't share anything. They're not even close to the same breed.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Blue_Monster is infamous around these parts
I'm too tired to tell whether you're just trying to bait me into replying, but I'll make it simple. You couldn't be more wrong. They don't share anything. They're not even close to the same breed.
Comparing these two cars is like comparing a Bentley and the new Hyundais. Although they share similar styling cues they are worlds apart.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:16 AM
jonathan@millaracing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
They get their limited production sets through Recaro right?
sparco DTM
same seats we used in our gt3rs project car

Old 08-30-2007, 10:42 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Wow... Such an amazing car!! It's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

Enjoy it in good health and drive safe.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned
i wasnt saying that to say its the same car i meant more like a sister car i can see where ppl get confused its some what similar in the design style and goal but the black being more tamed

Old 08-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
ok..besides sharing the CLK body to "start" what else do they share? Nothing is the same, well maybe the dash pod..but it ends there

Old 08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Brucem
ok..besides sharing the CLK body to "start" what else do they share? Nothing is the same, well maybe the dash pod..but it ends there
i wasnt really trying to say it was the same but they are along the same lines for sure ... they did the black series to fulfill the order list from the clk dtm that was only done of a 100 units. the blak series is some what an "inferior" car but has alot of the same genes making it similar cars. couldnt agree more...

The last CLK DTM built by Mercedes AMG division was limited to a production of 100 cars, but they probably had orders for more than that. This is why AMG has apparently decided to build a new CLK DTM version now.

And since the first series was a limited edition, its successor needed a new design. Here are photos of a test car during high speed testing at Nürburgring. Not looking as wild as the first edition, the newcomer looks somewhat more discrete but still powerful.

Expect about the same horsepower as the first generation with the new 6.3 litre V8 delivering between 580 and 600 hp. AMG Chief, Volker Mornhinweg said in an recent interview that they might give the new 6.3 liter engine turbo and the new CGI fuel injection technology, thus a perfect engine for the AMG CLK DTM.

The pictures are showing an almost undisguised prototype, except for some camouflage on the air outlets in the front fenders

The new CLK DTM is expected to cost around 230,000 Euros, just like its predecessor. Not really a bargain, but for that money the dedicated buyer gets a car that accelerates to 200 km/h faster than he will be able to pronounce its name.

... the new clk dtm version is what you now know as the blak series...

Last edited by *STATUS*; 08-30-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:30 AM
shellx is infamous around these parts
Smile I could see the comparison of big/lil bro/sis

The only problem with that is the CLK DTM is virtually a unique ride from the CLK Black Series. The DTM is totally wider track as previous noted, and as a result a unique machine in its own right.

The Black Series has upgraded features on the standard CLK63 coupe, which imho is justified in the ~$130k price tag.

Exclusivity is another big thing; CLK DTM going for mid ~300s with less than 20 in the states provides great reasons for resale. While it is only a toy few will ever buy, there will always be a group which will appreciate the true value of the CLK DTM.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by shellx
The only problem with that is the CLK DTM is virtually a unique ride from the CLK Black Series. The DTM is totally wider track as previous noted, and as a result a unique machine in its own right.

The Black Series has upgraded features on the standard CLK63 coupe, which imho is justified in the ~$130k price tag.

Exclusivity is another big thing; CLK DTM going for mid ~300s with less than 20 in the states provides great reasons for resale. While it is only a toy few will ever buy, there will always be a group which will appreciate the true value of the CLK DTM.

Point well taken

Old 08-30-2007, 12:07 PM
The last CLK DTM built by Mercedes AMG division was limited to a production of 100 cars, but they probably had orders for more than that. This is why AMG has apparently decided to build a new CLK DTM version now.

And since the first series was a limited edition, its successor needed a new design. Here are photos of a test car during high speed testing at Nürburgring. Not looking as wild as the first edition, the newcomer looks somewhat more discrete but still powerful.

Expect about the same horsepower as the first generation with the new 6.3 litre V8 delivering between 580 and 600 hp. AMG Chief, Volker Mornhinweg said in an recent interview that they might give the new 6.3 liter engine turbo and the new CGI fuel injection technology, thus a perfect engine for the AMG CLK DTM.

The pictures are showing an almost undisguised prototype, except for some camouflage on the air outlets in the front fenders

The new CLK DTM is expected to cost around 230,000 Euros, just like its predecessor. Not really a bargain, but for that money the dedicated buyer gets a car that accelerates to 200 km/h faster than he will be able to pronounce its name.

... the new clk dtm version is what you now know as the blak series...
Oh jesus man How old is this text? And why don't you tell us where it came from since it's clearly not written by you?

The DTM was not succeeded by the Black Series, The Black Series was not preceded by the DTM. They are DIFFERENT cars!

And they did not build the BS because of unfulfilled DTM orders. Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read. The sentence with..."probably had orders" and "apparently decided to build..." might give you some more insight.

They built the BS because AMG saw a money making possibility and ran with it. What unfulfilled orders were they hoping to make up for with the SLK Black Series?

Last edited by silversurfer; 08-30-2007 at 12:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My DTM is here...