Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

SUPERCHARGED AMG ENGINES! 55K owners come in! Johnson CM30 Intercooler Pump!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:54 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Its not a power adder, but helps keep the power you have. People who say that the pump doesnt cool enough because the fluid moves to fast, obviously doesnt understand simple fluid dynamics. Thats like saying if your water pump spins slower, it will cool the engine better.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:07 PM
ruey220 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DFW911T
It's an aftermarket intercooler pump.
If you don't need it today ... you will need it soon.

You will lose performance in a big way after a few hard accelerations, especially in the heat. I measured my 0-60 at 15 seconds when mine was messed up.

It won't throw a code either so don't expect much cooperation from your dealer unless you can demonstrate or convince them with data logging of your IAT's.
how did your 0-60 get slower than a NA engine with the SC experiencing heat soak? I assume that the most that will happen is the SC shutting off and you do a 0-60 in 7 secs.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:39 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ruey220
how did your 0-60 get slower than a NA engine with the SC experiencing heat soak? I assume that the most that will happen is the SC shutting off and you do a 0-60 in 7 secs.
I think the engine goes into limp mode when the sc shuts down. It was like a 4cyl engine trying to push a 4,600 pound car.
Two minutes down the road and the car is fine.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:04 PM
ruey220 is infamous around these parts
any reason why you went with the CM30 pump vs the CM90?

I checked my factory pump shows 90l/min. what is the liters/min with the CM30?

Originally Posted by jdj27x
This is highly recommended! I started seeing all these posts about this intercooler phenomenon, i said to my self, these guys must have some ****ed up cars, mines got 0 problems.

Turned out i just wasn't pushing my car hard enough, and for long enough to notice. I also noticed it started to get worse and some times just not work at all

Anyways,,,,,,

I had my shop in West LA (LUCENT MOTORS) install this pump for me. I didn't want to go threw the hassle at the dealer, and besides i decided i should get a much better pump then the OEM since i was going threw the hassle of doing so.

The new pump works alot better. I immediately noticed the cars got more grunt, power, and more torque. Its exactly how the guy described it on the other post on here some where " It now has more *****"

I got that good deal on ebay and got the pump for <90 shipped.

Install looked pretty easy, but then again i was sitting on a chair watching one of the best shops in the country install it.

A+ mod.

Id love to race a stock e55 now, so far engine wise i only have filters and eisenmann sport exhaust, but i am pretty sure this pump will give me a huge boost.

I read a post on this site that said that most owners dont even know, dont believe it when told there car has a defective pump . CARS ARE COMMING FROM MBZ WITH THIS HUGE ISSUE and 95% of the owners dont even know it.

http://autoperformanceengineering.com/html/jabsco.html