Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

SUPERCHARGED AMG ENGINES! 55K owners come in! Johnson CM30 Intercooler Pump!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM
jdj27x is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb SUPERCHARGED AMG ENGINES! 55K owners come in! Johnson CM30 Intercooler Pump!!!

This is highly recommended! I started seeing all these posts about this intercooler phenomenon, i said to my self, these guys must have some ****ed up cars, mines got 0 problems.

Turned out i just wasn't pushing my car hard enough, and for long enough to notice. I also noticed it started to get worse and some times just not work at all

Anyways,,,,,,

I had my shop in West LA (LUCENT MOTORS) install this pump for me. I didn't want to go threw the hassle at the dealer, and besides i decided i should get a much better pump then the OEM since i was going threw the hassle of doing so.

The new pump works alot better. I immediately noticed the cars got more grunt, power, and more torque. Its exactly how the guy described it on the other post on here some where " It now has more *****"

I got that good deal on ebay and got the pump for <90 shipped.

Install looked pretty easy, but then again i was sitting on a chair watching one of the best shops in the country install it.

A+ mod.

Id love to race a stock e55 now, so far engine wise i only have filters and eisenmann sport exhaust, but i am pretty sure this pump will give me a huge boost.

I read a post on this site that said that most owners dont even know, dont believe it when told there car has a defective pump . CARS ARE COMMING FROM MBZ WITH THIS HUGE ISSUE and 95% of the owners dont even know it.

http://autoperformanceengineering.com/html/jabsco.html

Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
So you have an ecu upgrade and pullies, then wait till you get the headers, cams and airbox done. I mean modified S/C cars in general are very fun especially at the top end enjoy. Did you get the Vrus pulley belt kit ?

Old 09-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
So you have an ecu upgrade and pullies, then wait till you get the headers, cams and airbox done. I mean modified S/C cars in general are very fun especially at the top end enjoy. Did you get the Vrus pulley belt kit ?

I have a kleemann pulley on order, i don't want the software just yet. The software in conjunction with the pulley only yields about 7hp. Kleemann them selfs said you don't need it for the pulley cause the cars it self runs rich enough from the factory to compensate for the pulley.

I will add the software when i do an airbox, or headers

Old 09-13-2007, 05:53 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
i dont get it... what is this and what does it do...?!

i have both an e55 and an sl55 - will it work for both of them... and what the heck does it do?!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:59 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
i dont get it... what is this and what does it do...?!
i have both an e55 and an sl55 - will it work for both of them... and what the heck does it do?!
It's an aftermarket intercooler pump.
If you don't need it today ... you will need it soon.

You will lose performance in a big way after a few hard accelerations, especially in the heat. I measured my 0-60 at 15 seconds when mine was messed up.

It won't throw a code either so don't expect much cooperation from your dealer unless you can demonstrate or convince them with data logging of your IAT's.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:46 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DFW911T
It's an aftermarket intercooler pump.
If you don't need it today ... you will need it soon.

You will lose performance in a big way after a few hard accelerations, especially in the heat. I measured my 0-60 at 15 seconds when mine was messed up.

It won't throw a code either so don't expect much cooperation from your dealer unless you can demonstrate or convince them with data logging of your IAT's.
i totally understand what its about - my SL55 has the prob and when at MB they found the problem and are going to fix it next time i bring it

It's a very interesting situation when i am driving and it shuts down in mid run - you can actually feel it shut down and you only have the V8 to give ya the power, which isn't too bad but you can definitely feel a loss of a HUGE amount of power

But it will be fixed next time at benz - a whole new intercooler

Is this part really needed though if your intercooler is working properly?!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:43 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
i totally understand what its about - my SL55 has the prob and when at MB they found the problem and are going to fix it next time i bring it

If the pump is not pushing fluid through the system, the biggest IC available won't provide any benefit.

Did they get a code specific to the IC? If not, I think they're wasting time and money by not doing the pump first.

Dozens and dozens of people on MBWorld have fixed this problem with a pump replacement. They could be right, but from my chair, it sounds like the pump. So who you gonna' believe? Trained technicians or some anonymous internet clown?

Last edited by DFW911T; 09-14-2007 at 08:45 AM. Reason: more content
Old 09-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Vadim@GMGRacing
When pump does go bad, which at this time appears to be a matter of "when" not "if", there will be codes in the memory.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:40 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !

It's a very interesting situation when i am driving and it shuts down in mid run - you can actually feel it shut down and you only have the V8 to give ya the power, which isn't too bad but you can definitely feel a loss of a HUGE amount of power

Do you really understand? I think not. The intercooler has nothing to do with the issue. Why would "benz" replace the intercooler when it's a pump issue?

Old 09-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by L8Apex
Do you really understand? I think not. The intercooler has nothing to do with the issue. Why would "benz" replace the intercooler when it's a pump issue?
wow yous a tough guy aint cha? rollin your eyes when a my MB service adviser told me that i will be needing a new IC along with a IC pump (IC itself had to actually be ordered)...

next time you wanna pretend that you are some how living my life and have all my info, make sure ya do, otherwise you'll look, and do look, stupid

all cause you got called out a REPOST

Last edited by 996TTDave; 09-17-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:35 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
wow yous a tough guy aint cha? rollin your eyes when a my MB service adviser told me that i will be needing a new IC along with a IC pump (IC itself had to actually be ordered)...

next time you wanna pretend that you are some how living my life and have all my info, make sure ya do, otherwise you'll look, and do look, stupid

all cause you got called out a REPOST

Actually what it is Dave, the pump doesnt have the capacity to keep things cool like you want. When we talked about it, I dont remember if your stock pump was crap, or if you just had the usual problem. The aftermarket pumps have a higher flow, which means the intake air temps will be lower, and the S/C wont shut off, like what happens with the factory stuff. As DFW said, if your pump doesnt flow, the new IC wont do any good.

The MB service guys might know part of the problem, but if the pump isnt faulty, then they only know half the problem.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Im very close to ordering this BUT i just want to clarify that page you linked - says the pump is for the cyclone and typhoon...but it will work with the 55 series benz

Also...

will this pump work on my SL55?

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2007, 07:50 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
definitely good info

Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 PM
yeah, thats the correct one!

Im very close to ordering this BUT i just want to clarify that page you linked - says the pump is for the cyclone and typhoon...but it will work with the 55 series benz

Also...

will this pump work on my SL55?

Thanks!

Old 05-09-2008, 08:30 AM
ruey220 is infamous around these parts
is there any sort of flow regulator on these IC pumps? I heard that it is also not good if it flows too fast because it might not let the intercooler do its job of cooling the water before it gets out.

has anyone done dyno tests whether this adds power, or is it only a longevity more stamina type thing for the car like an oil cooler?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SUPERCHARGED AMG ENGINES! 55K owners come in! Johnson CM30 Intercooler Pump!!!