Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

FS: Canon 100-400mm 4.5-5.6L IS (Image Stabilizer) USM Autofocus Lens

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Exclamation FS: Canon 100-400mm 4.5-5.6L IS (Image Stabilizer) USM Autofocus Lens

Hey everyone, I’m selling my:

Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS (Image Stabilizer) USM Autofocus Lens

The lens is currently going for $1,699.99 on Amazon:

I picked up this lens almost exactly a year ago. It has served me brilliantly and I have ZERO hesitation recommending this lens to anyone. My specific copy of the 100-400mm is absolutely stellar and as sharp of an example of this lens as I've ever seen.

I used this lens at both the Sebring 12 Hours Race and the Honda Grand Prix of St. Pete as well as many USF Athletic events where it did everything better than I could have ever asked for and then some.

My reason for selling my lens is due to me recently signing under contract with a global newswire company. It's time for me to upgrade my photography tools so I’m finally picking up a 300mm 2.8 IS.

The 100-400mm is honestly the absolute BEST lens you can buy for the money especially if you are fortunate enough to pick up a used copy from someone like myself that treats ALL of my equipment as if I intended to keep it forever. My lens has NEVER been dropped or mishandled in anyway.

I never intended to sell my Canon 100-400mm until my recent newswire contract was signed where now I feel it’s my duty to upgrade my gear.

Other than that, I've attached several photos of MY specific lens below. These are photos that I took of my lens, not stock photos that someone else took and I just used them as examples. I want you to see exactly what you are going to receive if you purchase this from me.

My lens has two minor visual scuffs both of which are not very noticeable and do not affect the image quality in any way. (They are both very minor paint scuffs and are not at all close to the main glass elements of the lens) I've attached photos of that below as well.

My lens has had a UV Filter on it from literally the minute I opened the box and took the lens out for the very first time. I think that is pretty apparent by the absolute clarity and of the glass itself as seen in the pictures below. Nothing has ever touched the main lens elements / glass itself, ever.

Other than that, here is some more specific info regarding my specific lens that I’ve researched for you:

My lens date code is: UW0517

Here is a simple break down of my lens' history:

U = Canon Factory the lens was produced in: Utsunomiya, Japan
W = 2008 year it was made
05 = 5th month, May
17 = These numbers are evidently useless and often times omitted all
together (It is a Canon internal code)

Your purchase comes with:

- Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM lens
- Tripod collar
- Lens hood
- Original box
- Original Warranty card (hasn't been filled out)
- Front and rear lens caps
- Lens owners manual
- Lens carrying pouch
- Canon UV Filter

Essentially, everything that came in the box new when I bought it from BH myself, plus the Canon UV Filter for free so you will never have to worry about any smudges, dust, or anything else as well. (The UV Filter is normally $40.00 by itself on BH after shipping / handling)

With the current price of new Canon 100-400mm's going for $1,700+ online without any UV Filter and with the condition I have kept my lens in, I am looking for to sell my copy for:

$1,325.00 OBO + Shipping / Handling fees (Within the US)

Payment Methods:

Ideally, I would encourage Paypal if applicable, please add 3% to your final total, check (needs to clear bank), money order, or cash is accepted.

The lens will be shipped out immediately after the payment successfully clears my bank account.

I’ve already purchased the shipping box and peanuts etc. for whoever picks it up so you don’t have to pay for that. The lens is literally sitting in the box, packed with peanuts, ready to be shipped. The box just needs an address to be shipped to!

Feel free to view the higher resolution photos of this lens at:

Hi-Res pictures by Canon100-400 - Photobucket

Feel free to PM me on here or email me at: chrisgrosser@gmail.com

I'm more than happy to provide any one images that I've taken with this particular lens. Just ask!

Thanks in advance, I hope whoever picks this lens up enjoys it as much as I did. It served me very well.

- Chris

Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
this is a great ad...too bad i shoot nikon. this lens is very highly regarded for the price...glws!!

Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cohenfive
this is a great ad...too bad i shoot nikon. this lens is very highly regarded for the price...glws!!
I appreciate it!

It always amazes me how many for sale items I see where the seller doesn't post up anything about the item. No description, no photos of the item etc.

Evidently, I'm extremely picky. I'd never buy from someone unless I know absolutely everything regarding the item. I applied the same concept to my FS thread.

I hope someone snags this lens. It's absolutely brilliant for the money and 1/4 the price of the lens I'm going to be buying next. Someone is getting a much better deal than I am! lol

- Chris

Old 09-30-2009, 11:21 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i'm thinking about the nikon 200-400vr...not sure whether i'll pull the trigger as it's so expensive, but on the nikon side there's nothing between the sigma/nikon 80-400/150-500 (about $1000 new), and the 200-400vr ($6000 new).

on the canon side they have the lens you are selling which slots in nicely between the cheaper and very expensive pro lenses...that's why it's such a good value at the price point for the performance you get. i wish nikon/sigma were listening....

Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 AM
davey1015 is infamous around these parts
free bump, ive shot one of these before.... truly great lens, id add it to my collection but i dont have enough use for that focal length... especially shooting a crop body hahaha

Old 10-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Lens is still for sale at $1,325.00

I will split all shipping costs with whoever picks it up!

Please contact me with any questions!

Old 11-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Decided to put the lens on Ebay, $1.00 opening bid!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:L:LCA:US:1123

Happy bidding!

Old 11-07-2009, 12:36 PM
NitrousX is infamous around these parts
Hey Chris thanks for talking with me today. I'll be watching and bidding on it on Ebay.

Eric

Old 11-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by NitrousX
Hey Chris thanks for talking with me today. I'll be watching and bidding on it on Ebay.

Eric
Thanks for contacting me, I hugely appreciate it!

I definitely hope you end up picking the lens up on Ebay from me. Whatever the winning bid ends up being on Ebay, I'm sure will still be way cheaper than what you bought your first one for!

People think I'm making it up when I say that these lenses are selling for $1700+ new, throw in taxes etc. and you're spending a lot more than if you just bought it from me, I promise.

Needless to say, I'll be keeping a look out for your name on my auction!

Thanks again,

- Chris