Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Business Opportunity?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Simon Tibbett is infamous around these parts
Business Opportunity?

I know there are a lot of business owners on here so I figured I'd throw this out there. It's not begging for money or anything so I don't see the problem with it but if mods see otherwise do what you need to do!

Anyway, I'm twenty two and have been into motorsport since I was in elementary school, I started off with karts, moved to track days and Solo 2, did the Red Bull F1 Driver Search, kart enduros, etc. Time has come for me to move up, last year I was able to finally buy a ready to race race car which is a Neon ACR. Exotic? No. Quick? Yes. Fun? Yes. Competitive? Yes. My main interest is to run enduros offering the co-driver seats for rent at events.

I am looking for business owners or enthusiasts to jump on board. First off, if you're into motorsport, I can offer the car up for enduros. This means you can be a second driver on the team for free as I will be needing extra drivers for enduros anyway. You will need a license and safety gear but I can help with that.

Then there is the business aspect. I am offering full advertising space on the car, drivers helmets, suits, etc. We may be young but we're highly motivated and looking to move up. I can't explain how passionate I am about motorsport, it's my life. I know a business needs more than throwing logos on cars, I have a lot in store and have been doing this for years.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. I am completely negotiable.

Last edited by Simon Tibbett; 02-08-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Paulrd27 is infamous around these parts
Sweet man, I'm 22 years old as well and I have an idea that I'm trying to get some people into investing. Post this on other forums, I'm sure you'll get someone!

Old 03-07-2011, 06:50 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
immediately my concern is your insurance liability to drive a normal person as a passenger (co-driver) in a competitive race. the cost must be exorbitant. second, your age will be a concern to some people... just know that going in. most insurance companies penalize you for being under 24 just to drive on normal roads.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Paulrd27 is infamous around these parts
I think that's bull**** that older people look at younger kids as if they don't know anything and don't do as good of a job cause their "young." I import cars and sell them in the winter and I'm also a business owner of my own masonry business that I do mostly in the summer. Because I'm "young," I need my father (which I am very lucky to have him help me in what I do) to talk to the customer (in both masonry and selling cars) because they won't take me as serious as if i were to talk to them. My father and most of the masons out here are much older than me, but I was learning how to lay brick and helping my father since I was 15. I have 7 years experience even though I was quite young when I started. But if a 45 year old guy comes and takes a look at a chimney to fix and a 22 year old "kid" looks at the same chimney and gives the same price, who is the customer more likely going to go with? Same with selling the cars I import. If an older person (which probably will be looking to buy the car because they're classics) were to buy a car off a "kid," they would think the car was driven poorly and beat on more than a 55 year old man would. If he finds a car just like mine that is more in price, he will probably go with the older man.

Nothing against you imolazhp_ci But I just think its bull!

Last edited by Paulrd27; 03-07-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 AM
valex is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Paulrd27
I think that's bull**** that older people look at younger kids as if they don't know anything and don't do as good of a job cause their "young." I import cars and sell them in the winter and I'm also a business owner of my own masonry business that I do mostly in the summer. Because I'm "young," I need my father (which I am very lucky to have him help me in what I do) to talk to the customer (in both masonry and selling cars) because they won't take me as serious as if i were to talk to them. My father and most of the masons out here are much older than me, but I was learning how to lay brick and helping my father since I was 15. I have 7 years experience even though I was quite young when I started. But if a 45 year old guy comes and takes a look at a chimney to fix and a 22 year old "kid" looks at the same chimney and gives the same price, who is the customer more likely going to go with? Same with selling the cars I import. If an older person (which probably will be looking to buy the car because they're classics) were to buy a car off a "kid," they would think the car was driven poorly and beat on more than a 55 year old man would. If he finds a car just like mine that is more in price, he will probably go with the older man.

Nothing against you imolazhp_ci But I just think its bull!
If you're a betting person, a 22 year old kid is just that, a kid. Odds are that 'kids' treat things like **** more than a 45 year old. It's just the way it is. You may be the exception to the rule, but for the most part, the stereotype is correct.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Simon Tibbett is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
immediately my concern is your insurance liability to drive a normal person as a passenger (co-driver) in a competitive race. the cost must be exorbitant. second, your age will be a concern to some people... just know that going in. most insurance companies penalize you for being under 24 just to drive on normal roads.
There won't be a passenger, by co-driver I just mean second drivers to handle stints in endurance races, the same as Le Mans type driver changes. They're usually known as co-drivers.

As for my age, I agree that some twenty two year olds (just turned twenty three yesterday) may not be mature in some situations, but I have a zero ticket driving record on the street (no accidents or tickets for that matter) and besides the typical spins and offs on a track have never had a contact type accident or broken anything major on track. Even entirely outside of racing I don't drink, smoke, party, etc. Motorsport is my life everything circles around that, this is my passion so I treat it with my life.

Really there are two options in my original post:

-Advertising your business and enjoy the results and benefits from that as we move up.
-Advertising your business and with that investment having the chance to race as well by sharing the car with me in endurance races.

I figured it's a good opportunity for car loving business owners.

Thanks for the replies!