Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Gas powered TMAXX (RC car)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 06:30 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Gas powered TMAXX (RC car)

Are anyone of you guys into RC cars? How about nitro (gas) powered cars?

If you are, I am looking to get rid of a TMaxx that I have. I bought it brand new a little over a year ago, it was my second attempt at owning a Nitro car and unfortunately I discovered that Nitro is not for me. I prefer electric (I race RC cars at a serious level).

This car has had about three tanks of gas gone through it, it isnt even fully broken in yet. If you know about nitro powered cars/planes then you will get the thing up and running in no time. As for mods, I have had custom Aluminum plates installed that my friend made as his father's machine shop-- they are extremely strong and look good while protecting the entire underbody.

I am looking to get $200 plus shipping for the truck, which is a smoking deal because they cost around $400 new (I forget the cost exactly). If you feel this isnt a fair price make me an offer.

Pictures upon request!

Thanks
Ryan

ps: if you don't know what a TMaxx is, its a MONSTER truck, and its actually pretty big for an RC car. Also, it is EXTRMELY fast-- hit around 38 MPH, pretty impressive

Looks identical to the truck in this picture, I can get you actual pics if you want

specs: EIGHT shocks (two at each corner)
3.5 inches of shock travel
+-38 MPH
1.5HP engine
etc.

Last edited by TT; 05-02-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:32 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
pic

Old 05-02-2005, 06:32 PM
TT
another pic

Old 05-02-2005, 09:51 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Guys this truck is awesome!! The price is rediculous as well (in a good way)!! I just bought a Revo (The newest Traxxas truck) and saw the T-Maxx there for $420!!! My buddy that I run mine with has a T-Maxx and man is the truck a beast!! You can't go wrong with this truck!!

What was wrong with Nitro for you?? All the maintence and tuning?? My Revo is my first Nitro truck as well, and man I have never seen the inside of the local hobby shop so much!! Tuning is a BIATCH, but now I bought an upgraded cooling head, intake, exhaust and I finally have it fine tuned and its SICK!! I never realized why people said "This is a hobby not a toy". Was jumping it today off a 4 foot dirt pile today with no issues!! I broke it once though, the tie rod and push rod snapped when I hit a block, but got that fixed and it runs like a champ!! I would keep it if I were you and work through your problems, its worth it!!
Evan
PS- Here is my Revo corner in my bedroom . My parents love it

Last edited by AMG ETR; 05-02-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:03 PM
TT
Well, long ago I was into Nitro RC Planes... I guess I wasn't ready for what it takes to get the thing running correctly.

I guess you can say I prefer to stick with electic motors because I raced them for years and I know how they go together by heart. I guess Nitro just isn't for some people, my first attempt was the Associated GT but the enegine unexpectedly ate away parts of the chassis (manufacters defect), and about a year later I decided to buy a TMaxx because a friend talked me into trying nitro again because he had a tmaxx a well.

Evan, I have put several thousand dollars into my electric truck and accessories.... I am embarassed. Its funny, most people here have put so much money into their cars and I havent upgraded a single thing... yet when it comes to RC cars I have spent TOO MUCH money on modifications. Me and my friends used to go to these big races and kick butt, I would make $6 every time i got first (paid $5 to get in, so $1 profit ). I will take pics of my electric truck sometime as well as my Tmaxx so people can see how awesome it is...

anyone interested in the truck?

Old 05-02-2005, 11:53 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Wow sounds like a great deal! These things are a blast! Amazing how fast and what control these things have! I just built a new vintage Bronco body for my chassis. 2-speed tranny, brakes, hydralic suspension, adjustable suspension geometry. Serious hobby!

Old 05-03-2005, 12:02 AM
TT
Originally posted by oak
Wow sounds like a great deal! These things are a blast! Amazing how fast and what control these things have! I just built a new vintage Bronco body for my chassis. 2-speed tranny, brakes, hydralic suspension, adjustable suspension geometry. Serious hobby!

Very nice!

Wan't to get a second one, maybe for backup?

Old 05-03-2005, 12:38 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I hear ya and understand its not for everyone!! This is my first SERIOUS RC car (besides the Radio Shack ones I used to play with). It was my buddy with the T-Maxx that convinced me to get one and I am glad he did!! Breaking the push rod and tie rod sucked, but compared to my friend with the T-maxx who just completely blew his motor (running too lean) I guess its not that bad (you can actually see the broken push rod next to my gas bottle and the bent tie rod in the plastic bin top on the right). I have only spend about $100 in mods (Cooling Head, Intake, Exhaust) and $20 in parts for repair (4 Push Rods and Tie Rods, only used 1 of each so far). Hopefully the bills don't go much higher with me jumping it so hard .
Good luck selling, someone is getting a great deal at $200!! I am almost tempted to buy it myself
Evan
PS- Very cool Oak!! I am looking into a custom body now that I am getting the hang of driving it and not flipping it so much

Old 05-03-2005, 07:00 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally posted by AMG ETR
I hear ya and understand its not for everyone!! This is my first SERIOUS RC car (besides the Radio Shack ones I used to play with). It was my buddy with the T-Maxx that convinced me to get one and I am glad he did!! Breaking the push rod and tie rod sucked, but compared to my friend with the T-maxx who just completely blew his motor (running too lean) I guess its not that bad (you can actually see the broken push rod next to my gas bottle and the bent tie rod in the plastic bin top on the right). I have only spend about $100 in mods (Cooling Head, Intake, Exhaust) and $20 in parts for repair (4 Push Rods and Tie Rods, only used 1 of each so far). Hopefully the bills don't go much higher with me jumping it so hard .
Good luck selling, someone is getting a great deal at $200!! I am almost tempted to buy it myself
Evan
PS- Very cool Oak!! I am looking into a custom body now that I am getting the hang of driving it and not flipping it so much
Evan, get yourself an infrared temp reader. It will get your head temps in the correct range. This is essential to a long lasting motor. Once you get the hang of tuning AF it's a breeze. Part of the fun is tuning and tinkering.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:02 PM
TT
Hey evan--

wait till you see pics of my car

I only have one upgrade but its saweeet!

Custom CNC-machined aircraft quality aluminum skid plates!!!

Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 PM
TT

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2005, 09:49 PM
TT

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2005, 09:49 PM
TT

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2005, 09:50 PM
TT

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2005, 09:50 PM
TT

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gas powered TMAXX (RC car)