Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Where's the best place to sell a Swatch collection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:16 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Where's the best place to sell a Swatch collection?

Hey Guys,

I have a centennial '96 Olympics Swatch collection w/9 watches in the boxed set plus 3 other individually-pkg'd Olympic Swatches from '96, some documentation, datebook, etc, all from that Olympics. The whole lot's been in storage and untouched since new.

Batteries were removed immediately, so no wear on mechanisms, no watches worn at all. No UV exposure, as everything was wrapped and in storage in my house. There's an automatic or two in there as well.

Any ideas where I should sell it? I put it on eBay, but I'm not sure that puts this stuff in front of people who'd be looking for Swatches, as I didn't see more than a couple collections on there.

Any sites you'd recommend where I might find appropriate buyers for something like this?

I'm thinking it'd be fair somewhere in the $700-850 range for everything. I wanted a grand, but I don't think that's realistic.

Thanks for your guidance on any sites you think might be good for me to list this on.

Attached Images      

Last edited by Super D; 03-08-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:25 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Some more pics.

Attached Images      
Old 03-08-2006, 04:40 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
The collection box is pretty unique, has pull-out drawers with the watches inset in them. Also two smaller pull-outs with multi-lingual Olympic story verbiage. The documents include the commemorative Olympic datebook, catalogs and watch posters from that time, etc, all untouched. I was originally going to mount this whole set in a glass wall-mounted box alongside some artwork of Olympic athletes because I dug Swatches and was very into sports artwork, but never got around to it.

I also have a collection of limited artist edition longboards stored that I was saving to do a conference room in a cool south pacific island motif, but didn't get around to that either... I also have some very cool aeronautical artwork that I was saving for an airplane-themed office... I also have rare baseball cards in storage from the 70s, a large coin collection, old guitars, etc...what the hell's the matter with me?!!!

I think I need to sell everything and start over.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Super D; 03-08-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
My friend collects these, I'll call him now.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:38 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally Posted by Stryke
My friend collects these, I'll call him now.
Thanks Gil. Hey I've got a question for ya, I'll send you a PM.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:45 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Oh, and just in case one of you wisea$$es is thinking it, no offers of payment in Chipotle burritos!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 07:49 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Super D
Oh, and just in case one of you wisea$$es is thinking it, no offers of payment in Chipotle burritos!!!
gl with the sale

Old 03-08-2006, 09:58 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Important note: I didn't say anything about Wahoo's burritos...

Old 03-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Hello Angry.
angryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to behold
Important note: I didn't say anything about Wahoo's burritos...
I note that the ante has been upped to wahoos burritos now!

Old 03-09-2006, 06:45 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
You ********* keep talking about Chipotle - making me crave them - look in the Yellow pages and there's not one to be found in Panama City Beach! Grrr......

Good luck with the sale btw, SuperD!!

Old 03-09-2006, 11:55 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally Posted by angryswede
I note that the ante has been upped to wahoos burritos now!
Having these high standards in life is tough, but I manage.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:26 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally Posted by jamie
You ********* keep talking about Chipotle - making me crave them - look in the Yellow pages and there's not one to be found in Panama City Beach! Grrr......

Good luck with the sale btw, SuperD!!
Sorry Jamie, here's a little Burrito history to cheer you up:

"The burrito, meaning literally 'little burro' or 'little donkey' originated in the dusty borderlands between Tucson and Los Angeles. The word burrito first saw print in America in 1934. The rolled, filled tortilla was sold at Los Angeles' famed El Cholo Spanish Cafe during the 1930s. Burritos entered Mexican-American cuisine in other parts of the Southwest around the 1950s and went nationwide a decade later. If fried, the burrito becomes a chimichanga."

See, now don't you feel better?

What are you doing in Panama City?

Old 03-09-2006, 02:23 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Sorry Jamie, here's a little Burrito history to cheer you up:

"The burrito, meaning literally 'little burro' or 'little donkey' originated in the dusty borderlands between Tucson and Los Angeles. The word burrito first saw print in America in 1934. The rolled, filled tortilla was sold at Los Angeles' famed El Cholo Spanish Cafe during the 1930s. Burritos entered Mexican-American cuisine in other parts of the Southwest around the 1950s and went nationwide a decade later. If fried, the burrito becomes a chimichanga."

See, now don't you feel better?

What are you doing in Panama City?
Warm weather training - it's hard to bike in the snow!

Thanks for the history lesson. I've tucked it away for the time when my life when possibly depend upon being able to repeat it!

Old 03-09-2006, 02:33 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally Posted by jamie
Warm weather training - it's hard to bike in the snow!

Thanks for the history lesson. I've tucked it away for the time when my life when possibly depend upon being able to repeat it!
Yeah...warm weather training...what's her name?

Old 03-17-2006, 12:52 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
C'mon you guys, this is 12 watches, somebody buy it! You could wear a different watch every month and be the coolest cat in the VIP room! I can't even tell time with analog, so they're no use to me. I just get by with the damned hourly chime on my Armitron digital letting me know another hour has passed. I think it's a turdbullion. Entire mechanism rotates every time I turn around. Very rare limited edition. I'll even throw that one in for the lucky buyer. Quality merch, fo sho.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where's the best place to sell a Swatch collection?