Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Some RARE WINE FOR SALE 1990 Chatau Latour, 1898 Chateau LAfite Rothschild

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:26 PM
topspn is infamous around these parts
Marc: I love Burns steakhouse. Haven't been there in years. Is it still up to par?

Regards

Old 07-21-2006, 03:31 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Marc996Miami
Burns Steakhouse in Tampa has wines like that, they date back almost to 1800..
Berns is awsome. One of the many reasons I miss FL. They claim to have the larges wine selection of ANY restaurant in the world. I was there 6 mo ago and it is still up to par for sure. Did you guys tour the wine cellar?

Old 07-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
What about them being recorked? As soon as you pop the cork and the air hits, bye bye vino!! Especially wines this old, they are vinegar anyway but especially since they have been recorked. Owning these is a novelty in my opinion.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
My god...I think you forgot to put a decimal in those prices. But seriously, that's an insane collection. Does wine this old actually turn to vinegar and become undrinkable? And if it is drinkable, what does it taste like?

Old 07-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
You couldn't be MORE misinformed......what you think they are getting that kind of money for an old bottle of vinegar?? I have personally tasted several bottles of wine from the turn of the century that were amazing....Recorking is just maintenence...

Come on guys, go to Christies for christs sake....you can see bottles of Lafite from the 1700's that sold for $70,000..........

Chris

Originally Posted by Griza
What about them being recorked? As soon as you pop the cork and the air hits, bye bye vino!! Especially wines this old, they are vinegar anyway but especially since they have been recorked. Owning these is a novelty in my opinion.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:46 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
if you don't know anything about wine, you should stay out of this thread. almost any bottle you're going to find this old has been recorked. It's a GOOD thing as long as it was done well.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:22 AM
C4S4G is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SteveH
if you don't know anything about wine, you should stay out of this thread. almost any bottle you're going to find this old has been recorked. It's a GOOD thing as long as it was done well.
Not to mention they are almost always recorked by representatives from the original Chateau.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:34 AM
julianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond reputejulianBC has a reputation beyond repute
And I get excited when I sell a bottle that is over $100 at work...

The gratuity would be insane if I was able to sell a $20k bottle of wine

Old 07-26-2006, 12:16 AM
Banned
skibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud of
Are these better than Yellow Tail? Your wine only comes from France, Yellow Tail comes from Australia.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:58 AM
The Pun
Damn, you got any wine in a box? I love that stuff.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
Hey Dude
Ya got any gallons of Ripple. Good stuff....$12.00 a truckload.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:40 AM
E36M3Dave is a jewel in the roughE36M3Dave is a jewel in the roughE36M3Dave is a jewel in the rough
they are all vacuum recorked...most wine 50-60 years or older should be recorked.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:42 AM
E36M3Dave is a jewel in the roughE36M3Dave is a jewel in the roughE36M3Dave is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SteveH
I'm sure there is some service that specializes in shipping fine wines.
correct.....

Old 07-29-2006, 01:15 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Ooohh good stuffs.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:32 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
I personally love me a good bottle of Boones Farm 2006... cold over ice. God, you have to love Arkansas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some RARE WINE FOR SALE 1990 Chatau Latour, 1898 Chateau LAfite Rothschild