Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

For Sale: Very Limited Edition Sparco X-Light T Mountain Bike - Brand New

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Faast996TT is infamous around these parts
For Sale: Very Limited Edition Sparco X-Light T Mountain Bike - Brand New

I am selling a very rare mountain bike that was produced through a collaboration between Scapin Bikes and Sparco. See press release below:

The Sparco X-Light-T Mountain Bike is the latest result of the partnership between Sparco, Scapin and Formula One Medicine. The new X-Light-T is a top of the range bike built in collaboration with Scapin.

The X-Light T, where T means Training, explains the main objective for which this very special bike was developed. The bike represents the trait d’union between motorsport, cycling and fitness, as communicated during the press release and publicity event held at Sparco’s world headquarters in Torino, Italy.

The X-light T is not properly a race bike, but a free-ride bike, tuned for training, to offer an advanced instrument suitable for different kinds of training. As Doctor Ciccarelli (founder of Formula Medicine, a unique medical centre in which a great number of professional drivers are trained with the most advanced methods) said: “in my centre MTB training is widely used, as the psycho-physical effort is very close to an F.1 drive. First of all they are both endurance activities with major requests of the cardiovascular apparatus, as clearly shown in the frequency diagrams taken from the cockpit and on the bike. Furthermore, during an off road downhill, the arms are highly stressed by an isometric contraction, to keep the right track, and the whole nervous system is under stress to keep concentration, coordination and reaction time at high level. These are the same requests to typify the driver effort of car racing.”

Technically, the X-Light T comes from the Geko by Scapin Frame based on the “Otto Bulloni” layout, which allows for the perfect working of the rear suspension. This is possible by the particular geometry of the arms, and the elimination of the friction due to pins mis-alignment.
Otto Bulloni (Italian for Eight-Screws) is just one of the features of Scapin’s masterpiece, fully designed, built and painted by the company leader in the hi-tech craftsmanship, so close to the supercars productions, where Italians are masters.

The X-Light T is manufactured using Columbus XLR8 Aluminium tubing, SRAM Rocket shifters, Shimano XT Derailleurs, Shimano 125 Disc Brakes, Mavic X223 Disc wheels, Ritchey ZMax Tires, FSA Alpha Drive cranks, Marzocchi Bomber forks, FSA XC 190 bars, FSA XC 170 Aluminum Stem, and a Selle San Marco custom saddle.

This very special limited edition mountain bike is brand new and has never been ridden further than my driveway. There are less than 100 custom-made Sparco X-Lights in the world, as these bikes were made for the Toyota Formula One team drivers, as well as special Sparco sponsored racing drivers. This bike was presented to me as a gift from Sparco after my long association with the company. Unfortunately, I am not a big mountain biker and this bike is too small for me. The top tube measures 22 inches, and is a size LARGE.

The bike sold for € 3,280 euros, which is approximately $4,000 USD. I am selling this bike for $1,900, including freight to anywhere in the continental USA.

Attached Images      
Old 08-07-2006, 11:34 PM
More Pictures

Here are more pics.....

Attached Images      
Old 08-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Last group of pics

Here are some more....

Attached Images     
Old 08-08-2006, 10:19 AM
chekuen is infamous around these parts
bike

I'm 5'8" what does a top tube of 22 inches fit for? and large frame?

thanks for the details it is a great looking bike with top top components.

art
aho@sierrahealth.com

Old 08-08-2006, 01:25 PM
CarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the rough
Did you even ride the thing? I've never seen a mtn bike that clean!

Old 08-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Any idea on weight?

Old 08-08-2006, 10:29 PM
RESQ911 is a jewel in the roughRESQ911 is a jewel in the roughRESQ911 is a jewel in the rough
How tall are you? I'm 6'0. Since the bike is so rare, where would you get replacement parts? Thanx.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Preppy is infamous around these parts
Yeah, being that it is so rare, I'd be afraid to do any rough riding with it. I'd probably take it down the driveway to get my mail and back...

Good luck on the sale

Old 08-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks for the compliments on the bike.

1. It has never been ridden and is in brand new condition.

2. The frame is a size large. However, the top tube is somewhat shorter than most large frames. I'm 6'2" and have a longer torso, so the bike is a little short. I would say that it should fit most people between 5'9"-6'1". The best thing to do would be to go to your local bike shop and find a bike with a similar length top tube and see how it fits.

It is a rare bike, but the only thing that is somewhat rare in North America is the Scapin frame, however, you should be able to order replacement parts for it without any problem. All the other components are readily available standard issue MTB components.

Thanks again.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by CarbonCycles
Did you even ride the thing? I've never seen a mtn bike that clean!
Nope, brand new. By the way, how are you affiliated with Seven bikes? I'm a roadie and am a fan of the Seven frames. I actually ride a pretty rare carbon frame produced by Storck bikes in Germany. It's a sub 1kg frame and is fitted with Reynolds carbon clinchers and campy record components.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Scott, those Storck bikes are insanely gorgeous. Was at Interbike a few yrs ago and saw their CF mtb's...just amazing. If you ever get down to SD, bring your bike and PM me, we'll hook up for a ride on the coast.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Super D, do you ride with Swamis and are you in North County? I ride mainly mountain, but some road as well.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:05 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Faast996TT,
where are u located?

Old 08-10-2006, 02:59 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Salespunk
Super D, do you ride with Swamis and are you in North County? I ride mainly mountain, but some road as well.
Nah, I ride with a neighbor and my pool guy sometimes (he's a machine, tri guy, drops me at will). I've been off the bike since winter, just been trail running, but getting back on the bike this week. Del Mar area.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Faast996TT,
where are u located?
I live in Laguna Beach.

By the way, do you still have that Europipe Exhaust for Grussell for sale?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For Sale: Very Limited Edition Sparco X-Light T Mountain Bike - Brand New