Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

WTB Burton Vapor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 09:06 AM
tb151 is infamous around these parts
WTB Burton Vapor

Hey all,
This one is geared towards the snowboarding community. I am in the market for a Burton Vapor Snowboard. The $1,000 price tag is a bit unsettling and I am looking to see if someone has a used one, factory 2nd, or simply buys wholesale.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Hello Angry.
angryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to behold
I might be able to help you out, I'll PM you in the next week or two if I can.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Any help is appreciated!

The board is simply sick and pretty much the only one out there Im looking at. The way the technology is moving on boards is slower then I imagined it owuld and this is the only board i would move up to from my 4 year old Burton..I just bought Cartel Bindings with the toe cup so I wouldn't mind a fully new setup for the year..

Old 10-06-2006, 02:31 PM
powday is infamous around these parts
your best bet is ebay if you are looking for a used one. have you looked into any of the newer burton boards? the new custom is supposed to be amazing this year. also, you'll love the cartels, they are really comfy and your toes no longer lose circulation from the conventional toe straps.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by powday
your best bet is ebay if you are looking for a used one. have you looked into any of the newer burton boards? the new custom is supposed to be amazing this year. also, you'll love the cartels, they are really comfy and your toes no longer lose circulation from the conventional toe straps.
That is EXACTLY why i got those bindings!! I hated having numb toes, it SUCKED!

Old 10-06-2006, 03:10 PM
jhuanger629 is infamous around these parts
man that is sweet board gluck!

Old 10-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Hello Angry.
angryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to behold
Burton bindins in general kick ***, the toe cap makes them even better. I buy Burtons even though I can get other brands for free.

Old 10-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by angryswede
Burton bindins in general kick ***, the toe cap makes them even better. I buy Burtons even though I can get other brands for free.
wow, thats a testiment to their quality if I have heard one...

Old 10-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by tb151
That is EXACTLY why i got those bindings!! I hated having numb toes, it SUCKED!
yeah, exactly. where do you usually ride?

Old 10-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Unfortunately Im a New Englander and I ride primarily at Killington. This year a bunch of friends and I got a ski house in Mt. Snow to change things up and because its easier traffic wise from Boston. So Im praying for a snowy *** winter!

Old 10-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Unfortunately Im a New Englander and I ride primarily at Killington. This year a bunch of friends and I got a ski house in Mt. Snow to change things up and because its easier traffic wise from Boston. So Im praying for a snowy *** winter!
yeah im from connecticut, so i feel your pain. ive been riding killington for the past four seasons, but this year i added an okemo pass to go along with my killington one since they are cheap for college kids.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Geoff is infamous around these partsGeoff is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by powday
yeah im from connecticut, so i feel your pain. ive been riding killington for the past four seasons, but this year i added an okemo pass to go along with my killington one since they are cheap for college kids.
I had the killington pass back when i was in college.. killington's ok, but it's really worth the extra few hours to head up to Jay peak. (i'm from ct too)

Old 10-08-2006, 11:51 PM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
I have last years Vapor, its a sick board, I demoed the 07 in March, its another sick ride! Incredibly fast, and a little more free-style oriented for 07.

Cartel's are great bindings, I have last years OLS, just got the C02's last week and got a day in on them already at Hood (they open early on the glacier)

Your best bet on the Vapor is Ebay honestly, I got mine last year in january when a shop started having there clearence sales, picked it up brand new for 450.00.

I'm holding out for a DCP edition Custom X to add to the quiver this year though, the new Custom X weighs almost as little as the Vapor, but has a stiffer feel, though its not quite as crazy stiff as the T6, should be a fun board.

Anyone know where I might be able to get a Palmer Crown LE, last years is cool, I just want a huge discount if possible..

Old 10-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Unfortunately I havent had much luck with Ebay, these boards are very hard to come by. If I dont get any bites by tomorrow I'm going to go to their Outlet Store here in Mass and buy a T6. That board also looks sick, anyone have any experience with it or know anything about it?

Thanks for all of the help guys, it's very much appreciated.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:31 AM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
Unfortunately I havent had much luck with Ebay, these boards are very hard to come by. If I dont get any bites by tomorrow I'm going to go to their Outlet Store here in Mass and buy a T6. That board also looks sick, anyone have any experience with it or know anything about it?

Thanks for all of the help guys, it's very much appreciated.
How much can you get a T6 at the outlet store for? What years?

Anyhow, the T6 and Vapor are total opposites as far as what they are like to ride.

The Vapor is flexy, playful, has a TON of pop. Its got a mellower sidecut, is totally not a free-ride board (I don't care what burton says in the catalogue, try it and you will see). Its an all mountain/free-style deck that excells on kickers and pipe. Its also a ton of fun to just cruise the mountain looking for natural terrain features to jib/jump off of. Obviously you can't hit rails with it because of the alluminium core. Very easy to butter, and like I said, tons of pop for ollies. Incredibly fast base too.

It gets real sketchy at warp speed though, not due to bad board design or anything, its just a softer board.

Compared to the T6:

T6 is actually faster somehow, its probably the fasest board I have been on, with the Palmer Honeycomb III and Head Team ICT coming in close seconds. Its is STIFF! Beginners hate the T6. Its really meant for intermediate to advanced riders only who know how to flex a stiff board and make it dance. If you can, you will find it to be one of the most precise and lighting quick boards you can get. It goes from edge to edge in the blink of an eye, and holds an edge like a champ. It really is only fun if you are riding like Terje or Muller though, it totally beats you up when you are just cruising around, think F40 in day to day traffic and you get a good idea, the Vapor would be more like a 997TT.

Awesome free-riding board. You can boost really high out of quarters and in the pipe if you know what you are doing. Since its so stiff, it takes some talent/muscle to make it pop right, so average people frequently jump on it and call it "lifeless" while better riders think its hardwired into their brain.

Very stable on huge kickers, anything over about 40-50 feet on the vapor feels a little strange. The Vapor is so light, and pops you off the lip so much that the first time I went off a big one, I actually felt like there was nothing on my feet! Very strange sensation and it resulted in me splitting my helmet in half on impact. Took literally ten jumps to get used to it, as it feels like you can't stay very stable in the air. T6, while still being super light, feels more substantial on the big ones, also more planted on the landings.

Both boards are insane in powder, I'm 5'11" about 165 and ride a 160 Vapor and usually a 159 T6 (don't have one anymore, but want to get another one again). I have had both in over three feet of powder and didn't even set my stance back from the default inch (kinda tricky if it got flat, but was awesome in tree's!)

A lot would depend on use, if you are just cruising the mountain and getting into fun where you can, the go with the vapor, its worth the wait to find one, and you still have two months before the season kicks off. If you are into hardcore free-riding, or competing in slopestyle or pipe then grab a T6.

Personally I bought a Head Team ICT after riding it to replace my T6, it has a "chip" which alters the flex characteristics of the board while riding which makes it friendlier when just cruising, but just as stable (actually more so) as the T6 when hauling it.

I want to get another T6 though because its like taming a wild beast, its very satisfying to shred on a board that is harder to ride and ge ta ton out of it. Though I still think the Head is a better board overall.

Let me know if you have any questions, I have six boards in my quiver now (including the Vapor) and demo a ton more, so I've been on a lot. I'm no pro rider or anything, but I've played around enough to know a little.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB Burton Vapor