Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

WTB - Good high-end home a/v stuff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
WTB - Good high-end home a/v stuff

Hey - I'm putting together a new home theater set up and thought I'd check to see if anybody has any good stuff for sale. Whadya got?

-bg

Old 03-29-2007, 09:01 AM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
check the for sale section here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/ there's always lots of good stuff on here. I've purchased several components on avs, and all the sellers have been great.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Old 03-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
what do you guys think of m&k speakers?

Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
what do you guys think of m&k speakers?
Never heard them, but have read reviews...overall very nice stuff and well priced.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i have a thx certified set (no sub, i'm keeping it) that i will practically give away.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
i have a thx certified set (no sub, i'm keeping it) that i will practically give away.
Whatcha got Mark?

Old 03-29-2007, 12:54 PM
i'll have to get all the specific model numbers and post up some pics. i also have 4 stand design speaker stands and 1 stand design component stand.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:28 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
www.audiogon.com is THE site for used high end gear. Many stereo shops sell stuff there they can't move locally.

I've heard the MK speakers. They shound great for movies, but were a little harsh (for me) when it came to music. Can't go wrong if you get them for a good price.

Just check Audiogon regularly. The first page is from retailers, but just scroll to the bottome and go to the next page for the used stuff.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:40 PM
yes, these are definately for home theatre and not for musical listening. by definition, thx certifed limits certain frequencies and dispersion patterns.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
If I remember correct, they're not the most efficient speakers (at least compared to the Mythos), so make sure you have the power to drive them.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:24 PM
tthoang1 is infamous around these parts
I've got a McIntosh MA6900 & McIntosh MCD7005 Circa 1987 for sale. I've also got a Parasound Halo P3 Preamp & A23 2 channel amp for sale. I'm up in Northern CA if you're interested.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned
997 GT3 is infamous around these parts
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by 997 GT3
thanks for reposting the link...

Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
UCrazyKid is infamous around these partsUCrazyKid is infamous around these parts
M&K is great for movies and not so good for music. If you are interested in some new reasonably priced equipment, try www.outlawaudio.com

Otherwise the best place to find used is www.audiogon.com or for home theater specifically www.videogon.com

Andy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB - Good high-end home a/v stuff