Thoughst on Lexus LX570

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 PM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
Thoughst on Lexus LX570

I have one on order and the dealer said that it should arrive in Jan. Was thinking of replacing my daily driver with this. I figure it has a great nav, bluetooth, and did I say great nav? AWD for year round driving, has room for my 2 boys in the back with TV (I assume this will be an option). Thoughts? Not really interested in the Cayenne Turbo or the X5 4.8 since I actually do want to be able to drive in the snow and I just believe that SUV's just weren't meant to hit .90 in the skidpad...that's why we have our P-cars right

Old 12-05-2007, 04:28 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
should b a nice long lasting car based on previous lx reputation!

Old 12-05-2007, 05:23 AM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
Alex, you cant go wrong with Lexus for reliability and great service. I'm getting rid of the RR and will never buy one again. Nothing but problems and service department is not any better. Whatever you do don't get RR.
My lx570 is on order as well.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by gxlex
Alex, you cant go wrong with Lexus for reliability and great service. I'm getting rid of the RR and will never buy one again. Nothing but problems and service department is not any better. Whatever you do don't get RR.
My lx570 is on order as well.
Hey Van, I had a 2004 RR and Land Rover ended up buying it back after 6 months under lemon law. While the vehicle is nice, there too many issues I was willing to deal with.
I'm getting Pohanka's first one, if I don't want it you can take it...I'm sure.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:20 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Have a 2001 LX 470, 100K miles, no significant problems since day we bought it.

Guzzles gas (15mpg), initially went through brakes at 10k, 18K and 28k, now brakes last 30-40K (I think something was out of adjustment, as it was always the rears that wore first.)

All electric doodads work perfectly.

Definitely get ML sound system.

We will probably replace our 470 with a 570 in a year or two. Hard to justify getting rid of a car that just plain works.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Have a 2001 LX 470, 100K miles, no significant problems since day we bought it.

Guzzles gas (15mpg), initially went through brakes at 10k, 18K and 28k, now brakes last 30-40K (I think something was out of adjustment, as it was always the rears that wore first.)

All electric doodads work perfectly.

Definitely get ML sound system.

We will probably replace our 470 with a 570 in a year or two. Hard to justify getting rid of a car that just plain works.
We've owened 2 LX470s and loved them. Wife replaced her last LX with the Escalade because of the 2nd row captain's chairs. At the time I couldn't see myself driving it because we have a white one and it just looked so "feminine". If it was black I may have taken it from wife. The ML system is bad *** though

Old 01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
holla at me when you guys get the lexus, i can hook up with clearbra 6speed special.

raja

Old 01-15-2008, 11:07 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Those LX570's are nice, drives really smooth...

Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Well I'm a bit dissapointed, for 82K I expected more. At least HID or Xenon but not even available as an option, pretty sad. The lights were a deal breaker for me, believe it or not.

Lil Raja, did you own a M3 and do car detailing a while back?

Old 01-19-2008, 05:49 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
The new 570 doesn't have xenons?? my 470 does.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:34 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Lexus definitely makes a quality car, being that it's from Toyota, you know it's going to last forever. I've just never liked the styling of them. Kinda bland looking IMO.

FWIW, I've had 3 fullsize Range Rovers, and currently a RR Sport Supercharged, and I've never had a problem with any of them. Couple of factory recalls here and there but thats it. It seems like you either get a complete lemon POS, or you get one that never breaks. I've been lucky. Even if it did have problems, I'd buy another one though....I just love the look and the ride of the RR's.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
The new 570 doesn't have xenons?? my 470 does.
You sure? We've owned 2 and either one had HID or Xenon.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by maxwell
Lexus definitely makes a quality car, being that it's from Toyota, you know it's going to last forever. I've just never liked the styling of them. Kinda bland looking IMO.

FWIW, I've had 3 fullsize Range Rovers, and currently a RR Sport Supercharged, and I've never had a problem with any of them. Couple of factory recalls here and there but thats it. It seems like you either get a complete lemon POS, or you get one that never breaks. I've been lucky. Even if it did have problems, I'd buy another one though....I just love the look and the ride of the RR's.
I owned a RR and it was bought back under lemon law. The vehicle is nice but it's just not roomy at all, that's why I didn't really "reconsider" it again.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
You sure? We've owned 2 and either one had HID or Xenon.

I assume you mean neither.

I guess I am not sure. But they are as bright as the HID's on my '03 M5. Way brighter and whighter than the bulbs on my PU and Jeep, literally night and day.

And I drive on country roads that define the word dark. Killed 4 deer to date in my PU, cause I never see em in time. Knock on wood, no casualties in LX or M5, always see them early.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:44 AM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
Minus the lights the LX570 got some pretty cool gadget especially the wide view front and side camera. The only problem that the dealership did was parking the Mercedes Gl550 next to it for comparison and I think that might cost them the sale. My wife now want the GL instead. The last time she pick out her own car was the RR and it turn out POS.

Anyone with experience with Mercedes GL?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughst on Lexus LX570