Looking for an Independant Shop in Va...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Looking for an Independant Shop in Va...

My new UMW flash is killing my clutch, so I'm going to have to do an upgrade. My lift doesnt' have power yet, so I'm going to have to pay for this install. Anyone got recommendations for an independant shop in Central to Northern Virginia?

Charlottesville/Richmond to North Va. is fine...
Mike

Old 12-26-2007, 07:52 AM
dferg476 is infamous around these parts
Mike, I got my tranny redone at

http://www.lufteknic.com here in Richmond. They are pretty strong, check out the site.

DGF

Old 12-26-2007, 08:46 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Mike,
I strongly recommend Intersport Performance. Omar Hilmi and Charlie Murphy work on PCA Cup Cars as well, not to mention, they have worked on a few of the 6speeders in the area for performance as well as aesthetical/body work/mods. Their number is 703-242-3972. Charlie is the chief mechanic and he has extensive knowledge. G/L

I'd love to see your car some time. It looks mean.
Berk

Old 12-27-2007, 07:48 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
What he said^^^ I have bought a couple of cars from them and they have done some work on the p-car, under aftermarket warranty and I have been very satisfied with Charlie's work.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:15 PM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
My Porsche tech moved from HBL to Porsche of Charlottesville. I'm having him do my clutch as well since the Proto700 upgrade is tearing up my clutch and constantly slipping now. I'm just waiting for him to get a trailer so he can haul my car down there. I trust him explicitly as he's done ALL my upgrades, including my headers, VTG upgrade, CAI, Techart Body Kit, cutting my front bumper for TA GT3 vent, etc, etc. If you're close to Charlottesville you should go see him. If you're interested, PM me and I'll shoot you his number.

Last edited by AvusRS6; 12-28-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:52 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dferg476
Mike, I got my tranny redone at

http://www.lufteknic.com here in Richmond. They are pretty strong, check out the site.

DGF
I read about their project car in Total 911 magazine while back. Looks very capable shop. I've been going to all the shops around the area these days. Funktion, IMA, ASG, Intersport and HBL porsche. Still don't know who I should be loyal to. They all have pros and cons. Just found out that Funktion is the best at doing alignments but very expensive for other works.