church of the holy donut

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:31 PM
karmakvisser is infamous around these parts
See you there

Come on by. We are there every Sunday morning, rain or shine. Of course, on the nice days a lot more cars show up.

Here are some guys that showed up this last weekend. The percentage of exotics was higher than normal. Usually, its a heavy hot rod and classic car situation.

The vettes showed up in force a couple of weeks ago. The Pro street chevy belongs to a regular.

cheers

ken

Old 03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
bump for this Sunday!

Old 04-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Bump

Old 04-06-2008, 06:11 AM
It's not looking good. I'm not gonna head down today :\

Old 04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
2SCOOPS is infamous around these parts
I didn't know any of the 6Speeder guys knew about this place. I was going to head down this weekend but it was raining all morning so I bagged it. Hopefully next Sunday will be better weather so we can bring the cars out.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by 2SCOOPS
I didn't know any of the 6Speeder guys knew about this place. I was going to head down this weekend but it was raining all morning so I bagged it. Hopefully next Sunday will be better weather so we can bring the cars out.
I said I wasn't gonna go....but I decided to be optimistic and check it out. I went down around 9:45am and there was literally not a single car in the parking lot (except for a couple regular cars at Dunkin Donuts). I thought there would be at least a few out there.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I would have brought my car up there but the weather was nasty. I guess everyone else thought the same thing?

Old 04-09-2008, 05:00 PM
karmakvisser is infamous around these parts
when it rains

I would have brought my car up there but the weather was nasty. I guess everyone else thought the same thing?
When it rains, you won't find many cars at the donut shop. You'll find a bunch of old guys by the entrance of the Amish market drinking coffee and swopping lies.

Check out the Burtonsville Montgomery Gazette. They did an article on the donut shop. I hooked them up with some photos and quotes and people to interview.

http://www.gazette.net/stories/04090...00_32359.shtml

cheers

ken

Old 04-09-2008, 09:34 PM
That really blows! I guess you saw it coming but it's so a cool place to go. I'm down in the Rockville area and this place is about as far as I'm willing to drive. I hope this will find something close by the donut shop.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm down in the Rockville area and this place is about as far as I'm willing to drive. I hope this will find something close by the donut shop.
Are you serious? It's like 15 miles.....

Old 04-09-2008, 09:51 PM
15 miles from where? I"m in the Rockville area, actually it's Darnestown. It's a 40-45 minute ride to get there now. I'm not driving up there in my DD. My car runs on Cam2 for the most part and it's almost a full tank to get there and back. 15 miles?

Old 04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
15 miles from where? I"m in the Rockville area, actually it's Darnestown. It's a 40-45 minute ride to get there now. I'm not driving up there in my DD. My car runs on Cam2 for the most part and it's almost a full tank to get there and back. 15 miles?
I went from the Burtonsville meet to Hooters in Rockville in about 20 minutes in traffic. Maybe you're just on the far side of Rockville *shrug*

Old 04-10-2008, 08:10 PM
You can't get around the beltway in traffic in 20 minutes dude and you're not going back roads in that amount of time. No way no how. I am about 15-20 minutes from Hooters to give you an idea so yes I am on the outskirts of Rockville. That's why I said Rockville area and followed it up with Darnestown. Maybe we can meet up sometime at Burtonsville and you can show me how to navigate my home town roads.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Hooters in Rockville to Burtonsville is 14.0 miles. Take Randolph to Fairland, to 29N to 198W.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:43 AM
You can't get around the beltway in traffic in 20 minutes dude and you're not going back roads in that amount of time. No way no how. I am about 15-20 minutes from Hooters to give you an idea so yes I am on the outskirts of Rockville. That's why I said Rockville area and followed it up with Darnestown. Maybe we can meet up sometime at Burtonsville and you can show me how to navigate my home town roads.
Sorry man, I wasn't trying to step on your toes, it's just what I was remembering from almost a year ago.

I put in the two addresses into Google Maps and it looks like it was longer than 20 minuges. May have even been longer because I was in traffic....I dunno. Anyway, no big deal...I was just givin ya a hard time to convince you to come out to the meets

Last edited by Tonk; 04-11-2008 at 06:52 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: church of the holy donut