church of the holy donut

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:28 AM
karmakvisser is infamous around these parts
church of the holy donut

This Sunday, (and every Sunday year round) there is a cruise in at the Dunken Donuts in Burtonsville, MD (Old 29 and 198). People start gathering around 7:30 and start to leave arounde 9:30. The late comers are there until 11am. There are all sorts of vehicles, hot rods, muscle cars, classic cars, pro streets, rat rods, european sports cars and ..... Porsches (all though not enough).

Come on out, its a great excuse to keep the fun car running in the winter months. Spring thru fall we get 150 to 200 cars on good weather days. Last January we had over 100 cars on a warm Sunday.

This Sunday, February the 3rd, we are looking at 50+ degrees. The salt has been washed off the streets, and the donuts will be fresh!

This might be a tradition that is coming to an end, the owner wants to build some fancy stuff on the property. We shall see if that comes to fruition, so come and enjoy it while you can.

I'll be there in my red 94 Subaru SVX (the car with the funny windows).

cheers

ken

Old 02-02-2008, 06:55 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
That looks pretty cool man. I may try to make it.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:44 PM
cool

Originally Posted by cohare
That looks pretty cool man. I may try to make it.
Come on down! The more the merrier. No guarantees on how many will show up but I would think we would have around 75 cars.

Its a very informal gathering but somewhat mature. Nobody doing donuts in the parking lot. I usually bring at least one of my kids along.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
I was there. Good meet - for a February day. Great weather!

Old 02-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I go there all the time during the spring, summer, and fall. I didn't see this thread until just now. Too bad I missed it

Although today was the first time I've driven my car in about a month because I've been traveling for work so much, and damn it felt great

Old 02-04-2008, 01:12 PM
60 cars or so

We had around 60 plus cars or so. It turned out to be a nice day. I ended up shooting one of attendee's car, a 69 Jaguar E type. Lovely car, recently restored by a well known Jaguar guy, Greg Weldy.

Keep on coming out! We will only have this venue for so much longer. The owner wants to tear the joint down and put up some upscale shopping center. We think we have until Ocotober but no one is sure.

cheers

ken

Old 02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
I will def make it there soon. I didnt wake up in time to make it to this one. Plus the pcar was pretty dirty. Some really nice cars there!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:59 PM
cool

I will def make it there soon. I didnt wake up in time to make it to this one. Plus the pcar was pretty dirty. Some really nice cars there!
Cool, we need more Porsches to show up. The gathering is mostly Hot Rods and classic American cars. I've been getting the Ferrari guys to show up thru exposure over on FChat.

It really starts to heat up as soon as the weather gets nice. Guys are looking to get the ride out of the garage but not spend all day doing it. The early Sunday morning thing works on a couple of levels with the roads not being packed and your on your way by 10 or 11, with the rest of the day to enjoy.

regards

ken

Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I don't think I'm doing anything this coming Sunday morning....I should be able to make it out. I'll spread the word to some other people too.

edit: Just looked at the weather for this Sunday....high of 31 and chance of snow. :\

Last edited by Tonk; 02-05-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
fair weather

Originally Posted by Tonk
I don't think I'm doing anything this coming Sunday morning....I should be able to make it out. I'll spread the word to some other people too.

edit: Just looked at the weather for this Sunday....high of 31 and chance of snow. :\
For cars, it's definitely a fair weather venue. The colder the weather, the fewer the cars, the bigger the lies. There will be a couple of hard core hot rod guys there, the rest will show up in their daily drivers, get some coffee and swop stories by the entrance to the Amish market.

I just don't want anyone to come and be dissapointed. If the weather is nice and dry, come on by! Come March, April, it will start to fire up again and we will start getting 100 plus cars every Sunday.

regards

ken

Old 02-05-2008, 07:26 PM
GarnetRedCoupe is infamous around these parts
stop looking for you know who and get out to some events

Old 02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
once it starts getting warm, we'll start the rockville cars & coffee again as well, so get sum air in your tires boys!

Old 02-06-2008, 05:26 AM
specs

Originally Posted by maxwell
once it starts getting warm, we'll start the rockville cars & coffee again as well, so get sum air in your tires boys!
What are the specs on the Rockville cars and coffee? Where and when?

regards

ken

Old 02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by maxwell
Hooray! That's where I met most of you for the first time haha.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Anyone wanna head to the Burtonsville meet on April 6? A friend of mine are gonna check it out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: church of the holy donut