DC/VA/MD Cars & Coffee (& DRIVE) 3/2/08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:02 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
VA Folks,

Let's meet up at the Tyson's Corner Marriott at 9:30AM and we can all head over to the Rockville Starbuck's as a crew. PJB and I will already be there waiting for a few other non-6speed folks.

Berk

Originally Posted by rah79
Northern VA guys: Let me know if you want to meet somewhere near tysons/mclean and head up to the meetup.

Raj

Old 02-28-2008, 11:39 AM
monteman is infamous around these parts
I live close to there and will try to meet you there. Are you talking about the Marriott's with the Shula's Steakhouse in it?

Old 02-28-2008, 11:51 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, that is the one. But there is a parking lot across the street (NOT ACROSS ROUTE 7), where there is a Kaplan Learning, Carpet Store, Jewelry Store, etc.) You won't miss us. We'll be parked right there.

Berk

Originally Posted by monteman
I live close to there and will try to meet you there. Are you talking about the Marriott's with the Shula's Steakhouse in it?

Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Forecast update according to Weather.com

Sunday, March 2, 2008

SUNNY
52° / 34°

Old 02-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boochook
Forecast update according to Weather.com

Sunday, March 2, 2008

SUNNY
52° / 34°

Sweet, leaves part of Sat to get the orbiter out.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Gentlemen (and ladies going to Buy Buy Baby),

I strongly believe birds of a common feather flock together. So, Ahmad, I completely echo what you are saying in terms of keeping this a mature event for we do not want to have these opportunities ruined for us. Let's be respectful to all folks who come to the shopping center as well and consider their parking rights also. Maybe what we should do is still park in the Starbuck's building, but begin the parking closer to the outside corner of the building (closer to the Toys R Us). I'll try to get there early and begin the line of parking. Also, I know most of us will, but let's support the local business by picking up some coffee, munchies, water, etc at the Starbuck's to show our support for them also so they don't mind us meeting there. Let's all be responsible, keep an eye out to make sure trouble doesn't ensue and fundamentally just have a great time. Basically, that is what these meets are always about. I don't know the folks from Bimmerforums, e46fantics, etc, but I will be holding them to the highest levels of maturity and responsibility and if they show any signs of rude behavior, the 6speed members can head off on our own for the drive.

As for the drive, I am open to anyone's suggestions (we can talk about it at the meet as well for those interested). Maybe head back out towards VA or somewhere that our slew of photographers (and amateur videographers - bring cameras guys) can get some great rolling shots for our event. Looks like a fantastic turnout for last minute.

See everyone Sunday.
I have met a few Bimmerforums and E46Fanatics people at various other meets and drives. Some of them are mature, some are 18-year olds with their mom's 318i. In all honesty most of them are too hungover to get up for a meet anyway so I wouldn't worry about the maturity issue.

I was selective of the forums I posted this on, and wasn't trying to spam it so we'd have lots of lurkers coming. I apologize to anyone that I may have annoyed/upset/etc.

Also, I e-mailed a guy I know who has a Ford GT. He said if the weather is above 50 degrees he'll try to make it out.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Tonk, no problems bud . You're the man and we know you are well aware of the types of people that would fit into this group. Thanks for the continued support and the great photos.

BTW - I'm going to be wearing my Hugo Boss Suit w/ my Breitling, you think you can get some shots of me and the car in front of the NRC? Sorry Pej, I had to do it.........

See everyone Sunday. Looking forward to the Ford GT coming out since it will be 52 degrees.

B-

Originally Posted by Tonk
I have met a few Bimmerforums and E46Fanatics people at various other meets and drives. Some of them are mature, some are 18-year olds with their mom's 318i. In all honesty most of them are too hungover to get up for a meet anyway so I wouldn't worry about the maturity issue.

I was selective of the forums I posted this on, and wasn't trying to spam it so we'd have lots of lurkers coming. I apologize to anyone that I may have annoyed/upset/etc.

Also, I e-mailed a guy I know who has a Ford GT. He said if the weather is above 50 degrees he'll try to make it out.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
BTW - I'm going to be wearing my Hugo Boss Suit w/ my Breitling, you think you can get some shots of me and the car in front of the NRC? Sorry Pej, I had to do it.........

See everyone Sunday. Looking forward to the Ford GT coming out since it will be 52 degrees.

B-
HAHA! Yeah maybe we can do shots of everyone with their cars And we can make a site like the Icey Hot Stuntaz.

And I'll stay on top of the GT. Is the black Viper that usually comes to meets coming to this one?

Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
lax01 is infamous around these parts
Since I now live about a mile down the Pike from there, I should be able to make it....Don't know about the drive though since I'm still on Winter tires...we'll see where we end up going.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Drummerboy is infamous around these parts
I'm interested in checking this out - this would be my first 6-Speed event. I have a Viper SRT-10 that's been needing to stretch it's legs...

I'll see if I can get a few more Vipers/Exotics out to this as well.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Stuart, yes i'll call him right now.

HAHA! Yeah maybe we can do shots of everyone with their cars And we can make a site like the Icey Hot Stuntaz.

And I'll stay on top of the GT. Is the black Viper that usually comes to meets coming to this one?

Old 02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Great, I just invited my other buddy w/ a Black SRT-10 Coupe. This is turning out to be huge.

B-

Originally Posted by Drummerboy
I'm interested in checking this out - this would be my first 6-Speed event. I have a Viper SRT-10 that's been needing to stretch it's legs...

I'll see if I can get a few more Vipers/Exotics out to this as well.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about

BTW - I'm going to be wearing my Hugo Boss Suit w/ my Breitling, you think

B-
Oh if we are doing a photo shoot:

Tonk can you get one with me, sitting on my car, sans shirt, to show my pasty body off so, I can give it to my GF as a birthday present?

Old 02-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Somebody bring the SPF90 for this young man w/ his pasti-ness.....

Originally Posted by cohare
Oh if we are doing a photo shoot:

Tonk can you get one with me, sitting on my car, sans shirt, to show my pasty body off so, I can give it to my GF as a birthday present?

Old 02-28-2008, 05:54 PM
pjb
pjb has a spectacular aura aboutpjb has a spectacular aura about

Stu is heading to my house and then we're rolling to tysons to meet up with Berk by 915 or so. Better make sure your Breitling isnt running slow again...get a real watch

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DC/VA/MD Cars & Coffee (& DRIVE) 3/2/08