Wheel Refinisher... Good shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Man, This sucks. I plan to wash mine today for the first time. I will post up what happens.

Have you taken them back up there? Is it powdercoat or just painted? I thought powder coating was 'baked on'.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:49 AM
ONECRUNCH is infamous around these parts
That looks like paint and poor prep. Wonder if they even threw down a primer. Very sad to see.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:50 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Is it powdercoat or just painted? I thought powder coating was 'baked on'.
Dude, those are painted. Powder coat would never do that.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:46 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
damn...would definitley help to know who did that work...get your $$ back for sure.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Immo
How much would you charge?
Currently there is a Summer Promotion which has me very busy these days. . . $399 on the set of four. Ask anyone here who has seen or had my work done!!!! Do searches for anyone who is not happy with the results. . . You won't find any.

-Eli

Old 08-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Immo is infamous around these parts
I really appreciate everyone's input!!!!

I dropped them off at Keystone Auto in Sterling, VA this AM. They can do the Machine Finish and Power coating. They said 3-4 days. They have a video of there process on there website.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I really appreciate everyone's input!!!!

I dropped them off at Keystone Auto in Sterling, VA this AM. They can do the Machine Finish and Power coating. They said 3-4 days. They have a video of there process on there website.
Hope everything works out for you....

-Eli

Old 08-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Washed my powder coated wheels from Wheel Refinishers and all is well. No flaking. They went way too light on the center and lug holes.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:36 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
any pics?

I need to have the lips on my old champion RG5b's refinished. Just some curb rash here and there. Would you reccomend these guys?

Washed my powder coated wheels from Wheel Refinishers and all is well. No flaking. They went way too light on the center and lug holes.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by maxwell
any pics?

I need to have the lips on my old champion RG5b's refinished. Just some curb rash here and there. Would you reccomend these guys?
No, I would not recommend them after the disaster posted above. I would recommend Ye Old Wheel Shop. I believe they are in Jessup, MD.

Pics. This is all I have of them. Nothing up close;

Old 08-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Well, it looks like I'll probably have to ship them then. I took one of them to Ye Olde Wheel shop a few years ago to get a slight flat spot out of one of the lips, and they came back all chewed up. It looked like they tried to straighten it with a hammer and chisel. And it took them 4 weeks. I always try to steer people clear of that place.

Your stockers look sweet man! Great finish for track wheels.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by maxwell
Well, it looks like I'll probably have to ship them then. I took one of them to Ye Olde Wheel shop a few years ago to get a slight flat spot out of one of the lips, and they came back all chewed up. It looked like they tried to straighten it with a hammer and chisel. And it took them 4 weeks. I always try to steer people clear of that place.

Your stockers look sweet man! Great finish for track wheels.
I hear ya on the wheel shop.

High gloss black is the only way to go at the track. When I left the track that Sunday, the wheels were a flat black! And the outline of the numbers were still on the car in black trim when I pulled them off also from the brake dust. Washed right off. Matte finish would deteriorate under these conditions pretty quickly.

Scott

Old 08-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Did they tell you to hand wash them?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Did they tell you to hand wash them?
No, got no info. Thats the only way I wash the car anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel Refinisher... Good shop