Wheel Refinisher... Good shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Bach 997 is infamous around these parts
Wheel Refinisher... Good shop

I just got my HREs refinished at Wheel Refinisher in Annapolis. They did an amazing job, the wheels look brand new. They work on all kinds of wheels i.e. alloy, aluminum etc. and do all kinds of work including fixing scratched, bent etc. wheels. I would strongly recommend using them. There website is below

http://www.wheelrefinisher.com/

Bach

If anyone is a member on rennlist or any other forums, feel free to post this there.

Last edited by Bach 997; 05-05-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
How long did it take them to do your wheels?

Old 05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
dropped it off at 11ish picked it up at 3ish

Old 05-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
How bizzar. I just dropped off my turbo twisties today to their shop. Also found TIF's a couple of doors down. Greggor says the owner of TIF's has a modded 996. May want to stop in next week when I swing in by to pick up my wheels to chat up this site.

Went in thinking of going all chromed. But wanted to talk powdercoat too. Final decision is gloss black powdercoat. I'll let you know how their powdercoat is next week. I want to add a red stripe accent after painting is done.

Scott

Old 05-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by Bach 997
dropped it off at 11ish picked it up at 3ish
Holy smokes.... thats great!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah great service

Old 05-06-2008, 01:23 PM
stefenolsen is infamous around these parts

How much did they charge you? All 4 wheels?

Old 05-06-2008, 01:52 PM
$140 per wheel, only 2 of them needed to be refinished

Old 05-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Another perspective: I brought them two wheels this week. Both were returned without work done. One was "re-balanced" without me requesting or approving it. I had to initiate all calls to see when my wheels would be worked on, when they would be done and where they were for pick-up.

It cost me $40 to bail my wheels out of their shop for work that I never requested or approved. If I ask for certain work to be done and you can't do it - at least call me and tell me - and ASK before you engage in OTHER work I never asked for.

A big -1 in my book.

Never again.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Didi you drop them off at Rockville or did you take them to Annapolis?

Old 05-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bach 997
Didi you drop them off at Rockville or did you take them to Annapolis?
I dropped them in Rockville and he brought them to Annapolis for the requested work.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:27 PM
maybe thats why they screwed up. i took mine to annapolis and had them do the work there. anyways sorry to hear your experience wasnt as good as mine

Old 05-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
That does suck. I got mine back and they turned out exactly as expected. I will definitely tell all when asked about a company that does a service.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Estoril
Another perspective: I brought them two wheels this week. Both were returned without work done. One was "re-balanced" without me requesting or approving it. I had to initiate all calls to see when my wheels would be worked on, when they would be done and where they were for pick-up.

It cost me $40 to bail my wheels out of their shop for work that I never requested or approved. If I ask for certain work to be done and you can't do it - at least call me and tell me - and ASK before you engage in OTHER work I never asked for.

A big -1 in my book.

Never again.
Just curious why the wheels were returned to you without the work being completed (the work you had requested, not the work you didn't). Was there some work they couldn't complete IE. fix....?

-Eli

Old 06-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
Just curious why the wheels were returned to you without the work being completed (the work you had requested, not the work you didn't). Was there some work they couldn't complete IE. fix....?

-Eli

One wheel had a very slight bend (not visible to the eye but I can feel it at a specific speed). They said they feel they could work on the wheel. Odd because Ye Olde Wheel Shop had done similar work on the same wheel in the past.

The second wheel had a very small curb blemish in a 2" strip. They said the wheel had a clear coat that they didn't want to work with. I'm unaware of a clearcoat on the wheel. In any case, again Ye Olde Wheel Shop had done a more substantial curb rash fix on this set in the past and it looked perfect.

I was looking for an alternative to Ye Old Wheel Shop because they take 4 weeks for wheel work. I guess its back to YOWS for me. At least I know they can do the work very well... I'll just deal with the delay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel Refinisher... Good shop