Last Gasp for the Church of the Holy Donut in Maryland?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:36 AM
karmakvisser is infamous around these parts
update

Originally Posted by 997 rolls
Ken - you have any updates?

And by the way, I'm going to grab my picture below - I didn't know you took one of the Viper, thanks. I need to connect with you on the Mustang pictures you took and see how that collage came out.

Well, I was there yesterday. Last weekend we had quite a number of cars show up. There are the instruments of war parked in the back. They are by the sheds. So it does look like some construction is starting. I will keep everyone posted. For now, we are still in the same place. Once the lot is shut down, we will more across the street to the commuter parking lot behind the Safeway shopping center. There is an entrance directly off of 29 South.

Meanwhile, here are some shots from last week. I should have a print of the Viper with me next week. Here are a couple of the collages I'm working on.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:16 AM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
The GTA collage looks great, let's connect on both of them soon.

Thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Looks like it's gonna be nice this weekend. Might ride in my friend's Camaro if he can get it running, or else we'll just take my Fit and park far away

Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Is it still in the same place at 0800 hours?

Old 03-05-2009, 03:27 PM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
yep although some wait till 8:30 or 9 to show.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Is it still in the same place at 0800 hours?
Mario - You goin? I may bring the 993 out for its maiden voyage..

Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 AM
sandan03 is infamous around these parts
The weather is supposed to be great, think I'll drive by. Too bad we can't get a soaking rain tonight or tomorrow night to flush all this salt off the roads.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Buick61 is infamous around these parts
Hi all! I read last year that this was going to stop, so I was trolling the interwebs trying to find out if people still met in the same parking lot. Thankfully I found this thread!!

Seems like it's still going on! That's great news! After two years of living right down the road, I think I'll finally stop by.

Look for me in a red and white 1958 Plymouth Belvedere

Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sandan03
The weather is supposed to be great, think I'll drive by. Too bad we can't get a soaking rain tonight or tomorrow night to flush all this salt off the roads.
Seriously! I've already taken my car through a wash twice this week and I don't even have a nice car haha.

Side note, I saw a Gallardo on the highway in Towson on Tuesday, the day after we got 6" of snow. Not quite the ideal driving circumstances....

Old 03-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Just to be clear: it's still in the same lot it's always been in, right?

Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 AM
I think it being in that lot is a week to week thing now. Folks will simply show up one Sunday and it will be moved.

When it does move, it's going to the Park and Ride behind the Giant Shopping Center across the street.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by sandan03
I think it being in that lot is a week to week thing now. Folks will simply show up one Sunday and it will be moved.

When it does move, it's going to the Park and Ride behind the Giant Shopping Center across the street.
Thanks! I just drove through that lot, and it's free and clear!

Old 03-07-2009, 07:07 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
If the weather holds I'll try to swing by....driven mine one time in 3 months!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by maxwell
If the weather holds I'll try to swing by....driven mine one time in 3 months!
Unfortunately it looks like the weather WILL hold off...I say unfortunately because we could really use a soaking rain overnight. The salt in the area is unbelievably bad.

Went for a quick drive today, and my red car looked like a candy cane when I got home.

Great weather notwithstanding, don't know how many guys are ready to bring their cars out into this mess.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:18 AM
tmann is infamous around these parts
i should be going up to get some shots and will post them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Last Gasp for the Church of the Holy Donut in Maryland?