Spotted first GTR in Ashburn

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 04:55 PM
SigmaPi is infamous around these parts
Spotted first GTR in Ashburn

Definately a cool car. Much better looking in person than in the magazine. Interior was pretty futuristic. The car is much bigger than I pictured in my minds eye. Slate gray with matching wheels, owner said he obtained it for about $7k over MSRP in case anyone was curious.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 PM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
$7k over doesn't seem too bad...did he purchased locally? I'm not looking to buy but just want to check it out and see it in person.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 PM
intence is infamous around these parts
berk should talk to him since hes trying to get one too!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:57 PM
SigmaPi is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure if he got it locally or not. The dude is a big NISMO fan and has a 350Z as well as the GTR. I followed him into the Starbucks next to Potbelly on Ashburn Village. I think it might have been a Maryland dealership that he bought it from.
He said he lives here in Ashburn so be on the lookout for him.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
It's Brent, very well known in the 350z circle. He's even done high speed runs at Bonneville in his Z to provide some perspective on him...great guy.

It finally arrived.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:11 AM
MDracer76 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SigmaPi
Definately a cool car. Much better looking in person than in the magazine. Interior was pretty futuristic. The car is much bigger than I pictured in my minds eye. Slate gray with matching wheels, owner said he obtained it for about $7k over MSRP in case anyone was curious.
Originally Posted by JT3
It's BamBam, very well known in the 350z circle. He's even done high speed runs at Bonneville in his Z to provide some perspective on him...great guy.
Howdy.. that was me.. actually the can be had for 7k~10k over, you just have to go out of the area for them...and.. Some folks may pay more, to be the first to have one, I'm sure... I would / will not for mine.

Originally Posted by SigmaPi
I'm not sure if he got it locally or not. The dude is a big NISMO fan and has a 350Z as well as the GTR. I followed him into the Starbucks next to Potbelly on Ashburn Village. I think it might have been a Maryland dealership that he bought it from.
He said he lives here in Ashburn so be on the lookout for him.
This GTR was purchased from Frederick Nissan by my buddy on Friday. It will live at a storage facility I own... and my buddy and I do have (insanely modded) 350z's.

I had met a photographer buddy of mine at Starbucks, and was on the way home when I met SigmaPi (nice guy BTW) Whenever you stop this car (which I try not to often) you get allot of Q's So its often easier to let folks assume that its yours so your not answering more Q's like:
  • Your not gay are you?.., cause you must be blowing the dude that owns this to be able to drive it. *An actual response from some punk kid*
  • Does your friend want a new friend?
  • Would your buddy mind if I drive it (Uhh, no you can't)
  • etc, etc, etc.

I'd be happy to bring it out (as long as the weather is good) if anyone else wants to see it, or when my buddy is in town, I'm sure he would do the same.

Last edited by MDracer76; 07-29-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM
were in you tysons today? i saw teh same color GTR

also pm'd

Old 07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
mdracer?
is mike the owner?
he has a kick *** 350z!
cold fusion was his license plate if i remember correctly.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by intence
were in you tysons today? i saw teh same color GTR

also pm'd
Alan,

I can't PM you back.. since I have too few posts.. ((lame))

Thanks, but the GTR spotted only lives at my house (like I explained in the post above..) A friend of my buddy and I, came and picked it up today to put some more miles on it. We need to break it in before the AKA rally. I'll let him know, though. Maybe I can take you up on that offer when my r35 comes in .

~Mike

Last edited by MDracer76; 07-29-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Enilder
mdracer?
is mike the owner?
he has a kick *** 350z!
cold fusion was his license plate if i remember correctly.
LOL.. see above.

CLD-FUSN is still around.. for a little while more at least.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by MDracer76
Alan,

I can't PM you back.. since I have too few posts.. ((lame))

Thanks, but the GTR spotted only lives at my house (like I explained in the post above..) A buddy of Brent and I, came and picked it up today to put some more miles on it. We need to break it in before the AKA rally. I'll let him know, though. Maybe I can take you up on that offer when my r35 comes in .

~Mike
definitely, tell all your GTR buddies. keep in touch.

alan

Old 07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
MD, I'm in the market for a white one. I'd love to see yours in person. Looks incredible. Let me know when's good for you......

Old 07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
bambam is infamous around these parts
It's my car and I only got it last friday afternoon.
Hopefully we will be close to 1000 miles shortly and can get the first service done sometime next week in preperation for the Rally in August.

If things work out right, it should have the graphics on around about that time too.

See you all around.
-Peace

Old 07-29-2008, 07:55 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.