Anyone notice increased law enforcement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:51 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
Anyone notice increased law enforcement?

Lately, I'm seeing cops everywhere. A month ago at the toll booth, they got me for my property tax sticker. State Police checkpoint. Then, my emissions expired and within days of that ticket (no joke) a cop noticed and pulled me over. I had no idea about that license plate sticker. Ticket #2.

Today, they had another stop sign checkpoint and tried getting me again for emissions. I showed the cop my ticket from a week ago and my DMV "you're number C123" ticket. I tried doing everything online (and to avoid their $5 in person convenience fee) but the county put a "lock" on my DMV account while I'm disputing their BS tax assesment. WTF! At least the cop was cool and let me go quickly without warnings or anything. They all told me how to dispute etc, but I don't have the time and not sure the courts would understand. Just too much trouble.

All of this in my Disco, not the Z. They would ticket the hell out of that car.

The other day, my friend got a ticket for his tint. 2 weeks ago, another friend (he's 50 and drives and LS400) got a ticket for his license plate frame. A coworker just got a speeding ticket in Chantilly. I saw Herndon cops during lunch arresting someone for something.

End of rant, watch it out there. (especially in the commonwealth with a massive budget deficit)

Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
def. not in NY =D

Old 08-14-2008, 08:00 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the warning.....i'm sensing the same thing here......

Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 AM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
I guess we better watch our asses on the drive to summit point

Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^that's a definite!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
that's jolly VA for you

Old 08-14-2008, 10:35 AM
intence is infamous around these parts
there was mobile emissions testing yesterday on ffx county parkway

Old 08-14-2008, 11:13 AM
^^^^WHAT???^^^^ What the heck is going on here????

Old 08-14-2008, 11:48 AM
it's nothing new berk. usually they are on the onramp from 50 to 7100. youll see a white van on the side of the road with special equipment that can sniff your car. im not sure how you get a ticket but i heard coasting by in neutral keeps you safe.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:36 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
yah, the commonwealth rolls a little different. Just move into the district...you can speed, drive wasted, shoot some people, and noone will care!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:46 PM
%%amg is infamous around these parts
"mobile emissions testing" wtf??

yeah i got pulled over for one head light being out twice on the same day, got ticketed...usually they just give warnings.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:03 AM
wow!!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:25 PM
SigmaPi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by %%amg
"mobile emissions testing" wtf??

yeah i got pulled over for one head light being out twice on the same day, got ticketed...usually they just give warnings.

Wow, I never heard of this. If it's that accurate to prove a criminal case and it works by simply driving by it, why do they keep using all the antiquated, slow systems that require to actually hook up to the car as well as the OBDII for the yearly test? When it comes time to renew, why not just zoom on by a van and then get a tag issued if you pass?

Old 08-16-2008, 10:27 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gxlex
I guess we better watch our asses on the drive to summit point
We can go through MD to avoid the VA *****!

Old 08-17-2008, 10:57 AM
they also have roadside exhaust checkpoints i heard

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone notice increased law enforcement?