Radnor Hunt Concours

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 07:43 AM
karmakvisser is infamous around these parts
Radnor Hunt Concours

This is a fancy one for you guys that might be trying to expand your automotive horizons. Its a 2 hour trip from the dc area.

The Radnor Hunt Concour d'Elegance is coming up this September 12. http://www.radnorconcours.org/

This is situated just outside of Philidelphia at a very exclusive equestrian facility. This year the features are the art and color of GM, Zagato and BSA motorcycles.

I'll be judging but will also be focusing on photographing and interviewing folks. Come on by if you have a chance!

regards

ken

Old 08-29-2008, 10:01 PM
erubin is infamous around these parts
This is an incredible event that should not be missed.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Bellefonte is infamous around these parts
A majority of the Philly area guys and gals will be there. Maybe we should meet up.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Date correction...

This event is actually Sunday, 14 September - looking at my tickets right now. It is held 10:00am - 4:00 pm

Old 09-05-2008, 10:57 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
I will be there. This event is a lot of fun....usually some good food too!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Its a coming!

Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
I will be there. This event is a lot of fun....usually some good food too!
This weekend! Let's get a roll call on who is going.

I just looked at the entry list and saw some very interesting cars. One of which is a 917.

regards

ken

Old 09-09-2008, 09:12 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
I'll be there as well. The caliber of cars present last year was simply incredible

DAVID

Old 09-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Any pictures?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Too busy drooling Particular highlights for me included:

(1) THE original 1953 Corvette concept car
(2) THE 1963 Corvette rebodied by Pininfarina
(3) ZL1 Corvette (1 of 3 if I recall my stats correctly)

A key theme of the show was a tribute to GM, so there was a LOT of Americana this year. Nevertheless, Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari, Arnolt-Bristol, Alfa Romeo, and many others were represented in rare form.

And the parking lot was just incredible: Phantom, GT40, Spyker (rumored), etc.

The rest is just a blur.

The Radnor Hunt folks will likely post pics soon enough...

Old 09-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned
Bsaint is infamous around these parts
It was a good time although hot as hell, I did manage to get some pretty good footage and also a Radnor Hunt Red Staff Polo although a bit big I shall have to grow into it lol

The parking lot honestly was just as good as some of the cars in the event, I did enjoy last years a bit more with the 959 and Gt1 this year seemed to bit a bit more classic and less modern. The entrance fee also was upped almost 40% from last year which didn't really make sense. But had a good time as always.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:11 PM
stinken hot!

Originally Posted by Bsaint
It was a good time although hot as hell, I did manage to get some pretty good footage and also a Radnor Hunt Red Staff Polo although a bit big I shall have to grow into it lol

The parking lot honestly was just as good as some of the cars in the event, I did enjoy last years a bit more with the 959 and Gt1 this year seemed to bit a bit more classic and less modern. The entrance fee also was upped almost 40% from last year which didn't really make sense. But had a good time as always.
It was stinken' hot! I had to wear a suit and tie all day, 9 hours in that humid freaking sun. Damn! But the cars were quite extraordinary.

I judged the veteran GM class and historic race cars. We ended up giving the Penske Vette the win in HRC. It was stunning. A friend of mine had the ultra rare 69 ZL1. It was a 1 of 2 special order. The motor was a $4700 option which is why it only sold 2. This motor was much hotter than the L88 with a rumored 700 horsepower. Pretty stunning.

I'll start with a couple of photos from the Saturday rally. The rally ended at a spectacular private home with a 1/4 mile driveway that emptied out into a 4 acre lot, then the horse barn, then the house, then the pool then the huge tent for lunch then across the fence, the putting green for the club golf course next door.

regards

ken