Traffic lawyer needed, Help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 06:42 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
good for you glad to hear it. I felt like a true criminal being locked up.. it was unbelievable.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:46 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mikelly
You have a bigger "more immediate" issue that will come into play. The current "state of virginia" economic crisis will impact rulings like these. State Troopers are going to be writing more tickets closer to the 10MPH over range than the "wait for the big offendors" stance they've been taking on interstates, and local municipalities will be writing more to bring more revenue into the local government cofers.

Personally I think you're going to have to get a good lawyer, give them the specifics and see if they can work with the commonwealth attorney and see if you can get them to consider arbitration before hand. Pacing you at such a brief stint is going to be a hard call, especially if he wrote the wrong info on the ticket. Just remember, the cop is a "representative of the court" and judges take technicalities very seriously if they can be proven.

Guys wonder why I do so many track days!

Mike
When and where did you run that 11.24 at 127?

Old 11-25-2008, 11:15 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Good to hear it worked out. In Ohio, double the posted limit is a suspended license for sure, possible jail time (anyone know more about the jail time?)

With the economy in the ****ter, tickets are getting handed out like it's going out of style. Time to slow down...

Old 11-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
That was last "President's Day" holiday 2007. A number of 6speed members were there, and that's when I pulled front wheels off the ground for the shot in my avatar!

Mike

Originally Posted by 9Eleven
When and where did you run that 11.24 at 127?

Old 11-26-2008, 09:00 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
That was last "President's Day" holiday 2007. A number of 6speed members were there, and that's when I pulled front wheels off the ground for the shot in my avatar!

Mike
I think it was Veterans day November 2007. Were Jamie Furman and Chris (Cohare) there that day? Here is the thread you started about your drag racing skills or lack thereof for that particular run on that day. It doesn't look like you ran an 11.24 from the sound of this. Read post 44, 45 and 56. You might want to amend your signature to read 12.44 at 117.09

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-racing-3.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-racing-4.html

Last edited by 9Eleven; 11-26-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:43 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Actually, No I don't have to. There were several guys there who were collecting the left over time slips. Mine were collected by a nice guy over on Bimmerforums and he relayed the info and some video clips to me via email.

My "best" time was a 11.24 at 127mph and I did not update that thread because I didn't get the info about my timeslips or the video clips until some months later. Since I really could care less about drag racing, I didn't keep up with it.

But thanks for trying.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 11-27-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Actually, No I don't have to. There were several guys there who were collecting the left over time slips. Mine were collected by a nice guy over on Bimmerforums and he relayed the info and some video clips to me via email.

My "best" time was a 11.24 at 127mph and I did not update that thread because I didn't get the info about my timeslips or the video clips until some months later. Since I really could care less about drag racing, I didn't keep up with it.

But thanks for trying.

Mike
Yea, sure, OK, if you say so. Where's the slip or the video, we can then add you to the board? If you don't care about drag racing , then take it off your signature. Jeez, man up dude you're the one thats trying. Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 11-27-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:22 AM
So I guess the question is

"a" why'd you edit the original content?

"b" Why do you care what the hell I have below my signature?

"c" There are a couple guys here who have driven my car. 11.24 at 127mph is actually an insult to the performance capability of the car and further illustrates how much I suck at drag racing.

"d" You did notice the wheels off the ground in the pic, right?

"Man up?"

Have fun... I'm pretty much done with this conversation.
Mike

Old 11-27-2008, 05:35 AM
So I guess the question is

"a" why'd you edit the original content?

"b" Why do you care what the hell I have below my signature?

"c" There are a couple guys here who have driven my car. 11.24 at 127mph is actually an insult to the performance capability of the car and further illustrates how much I suck at drag racing.

"d" You did notice the wheels off the ground in the pic, right?

"Man up?"

Have fun... I'm pretty much done with this conversation.
Mike
A. I edited to add several other issues.
B. Because the time is untrue.
C. Yea, sure, what does that have to do with anything?
D. The wheels coming off the ground mean nothing. Your words and time in your original thread are all the facts needed.
E. Yes, man up, maybe at the next meet, eh?

Give it up already, you're done.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 11-27-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:43 AM
What part of "I do not drag race" didn't you get?

I won't be coming to another "meet" to run that car. I have no desire to run that car at a drag strip. Why don't you man-up and come out to a road course event?

Better yet, do us both a favor and get off my case. Your comments targeting me are offensive. I go out of my way to help guys out on this site all the time. I don't need or appreciate you coming into a thread and starting a bunch of meaningless bull**** over a time posted in my signature. Pretty F'n pathetic...

Since you want to call me out on it, I changed it, just for you...

Last edited by Mikelly; 11-27-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:56 AM
Chris, I have a cousin right now who is serving time in Tennessee for being late on his child support after already being on probation (was in the last 6 months of his 10 years probation!!) over a pot charge. He's serving 2 years and is in the home stretch. Now that's a stretch in jail.

Mike

Originally Posted by cohare
good for you glad to hear it. I felt like a true criminal being locked up.. it was unbelievable.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
Guys no personal insults or you will get time off form 6SP...CHILL...NOW

Old 11-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
This thread is closed. Congrats to the OP for getting a fair deal. The attacks that are way off topic were not needed and not in the spirit of the site. Please do not go out of your way to bust someone's chops completely unrelated to the original purpose of the thead.